Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1820
  1. #511
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I imagine any deal for a guy like Skinner would be contingent upon him signing an extension. I mentioned him in my first article as a potential trade target.

    Of course McKenzie comes out and says this 2 weeks after I post my article on the Metro lol.


    But in all seriousness, I don't see guys really being shopped other than Skinner and maybe Faulk. Slavin is not a guy they're going to move. Staal I don't see moving given their lack of center depth. They're "open for business" in the same way any team is I would imagine.

    Skinner would be my target from them.
    I'd probably look at Lindholm, too -- depending on the cost, I think he could be a smart pick up with little risk. He has top-line talent, but middle-6 production and a top-6 price tag.

    The other option that we keep going back to is Mark Stone from OTT -- if we were to sign him to a 5/$30M OS, I don't know if OTT matches that. We're out a 2019 1st, 2nd & 3rd, but that's a hell of a trade. I think we'd all gladly give up that package for a guy who can come in and put up 70+ points. That's a bargain.
    Last edited by Ace23; 05-17-2018 at 11:55 AM.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,118
    I'd prefer Skinner to Lindholm based on specific need and the fact he's much better. Stone at 70 points? I mean if he can actually pull that off it's well worth it.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'd prefer Skinner to Lindholm based on specific need and the fact he's much better. Stone at 70 points? I mean if he can actually pull that off it's well worth it.
    He put up 62 in 58 games last year -- no reason to think that he wouldn't be able to hit 70 in a full season. Over the past three seasons (204 GP), he's averaged about 0.87 PPG, which translates to 71 points in a full, 82-game season. Not to mention, he's actually good at hockey in all three zones.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    273
    Not sure if anyone heard this on 31 thoughts, but apparently a recent 1st round pick is addicted to playing fortnite and the GM of his junior team said that he doesn't think he'll make a nhl roster because its so bad. Rubstov was my first thought.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    15,545
    Quote Originally Posted by MShark View Post
    Not sure if anyone heard this on 31 thoughts, but apparently a recent 1st round pick is addicted to playing fortnite and the GM of his junior team said that he doesn't think he'll make a nhl roster because its so bad. Rubstov was my first thought.
    You want to expand on why Rubtsov was your first thought? Seems a bit ridiculous to just assume something like that.

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    You want to expand on why Rubtsov was your first thought? Seems a bit ridiculous to just assume something like that.
    Because I'm a pessimistic flyers fan? On a serious note, he came to my mind first because I follow the flyers much more than any other team. I know he's had injury issues, but he was somebody who has underachieved since being drafted. Quite a few of the players from his draft class have already made the NHL, Rubstov looks to be at least another year from cracking the NHL. I heard a lot about him being great value for where he was drafted but we've yet to see much from him.

    Obviously it could be a lot of different players.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,834
    Rubtsov needs consistency. Heís been traded to contending teams every year because of him coming to NA and not coming up through the junior system. He is treated as a mercenary who is only there to bide time before the NHL. Combine that with injuries, and you get inconsistency.

    He is at least 1 season away, he needs 1 year in the AHL to be a professional and stay healthy. Then we will see what we really have. I think he should be moved to LW in the AHL ... we are paper thin there for the future ... and he then might be 2 years away.

    Ranked in closeness to making the team, my order is (doesnít include Sanheim or Lindblom);

    Default #1 - Morin ... out of time on the contract, doesnít mean he will start. I think he gets traded before this season, so I donít think he counts

    1) Myers - tremendous playoff and just a horse. Pair him with Sanheim or Provorov and he will have ups and downs but we go from ďsmallerĒ to ďhugeĒ with him and Sanheim are back there ... is a righty and has a great shot and breakout pass

    2) Allison - I think heíd have won the hobey baker if he didnít have that freak injury. If we move Simmonds, I think he slides into the lineup

    3) Vorobyev - 4th line center, bumping Laughton up to 3rd line center

    4) Vechionne - As a wing

    5) NAK - probably AHL for another year

    Frost and Rubstov have less than a 5% chance of making the team, and if they do, Frost will be a wing in his first year. Rubtsov may play center but would doubt that. I think he would slot next to Vorobyev on a 3rd/4th line ... but that line would be so young I doubt it happens.
    Last edited by castan_b; 05-17-2018 at 09:18 PM.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Rubtsov needs consistency. Heís been traded to contending teams every year because of him coming to NA and not coming up through the junior system. He is treated as a mercenary who is only there to bide time before the NHL. Combine that with injuries, and you get inconsistency.

    He is at least 1 season away, he needs 1 year in the AHL to be a professional and stay healthy. Then we will see what we really have. I think he should be moved to LW in the AHL ... we are paper thin there for the future ... and he then might be 2 years away.

    Ranked in closeness to making the team, my order is (doesnít include Sanheim or Lindblom);

    Default #1 - Morin ... out of time on the contract, doesnít mean he will start. I think he gets traded before this season, so I donít think he counts

    1) Myers - tremendous playoff and just a horse. Pair him with Sanheim or Provorov and he will have ups and downs but we go from ďsmallerĒ to ďhugeĒ with him and Sanheim are back there ... is a righty and has a great shot and breakout pass

    2) Allison - I think heíd have won the hobey baker if he didnít have that freak injury. If we move Simmonds, I think he slides into the lineup

    3) Vorobyev - 4th line center, bumping Laughton up to 3rd line center

    4) Vechionne - As a wing

    5) NAK - probably AHL for another year

    Frost and Rubstov have less than a 5% chance of making the team, and if they do, Frost will be a wing in his first year. Rubtsov may play center but would doubt that. I think he would slot next to Vorobyev on a 3rd/4th line ... but that line would be so young I doubt it happens.
    I disagree...Frost is either #2 or #3 on this list. I think he can force his way onto the team ala TK. I also think our coach will mind-hump him all season putting him in and out of the lineup like he did to TK and Ghost.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I disagree...Frost is either #2 or #3 on this list. I think he can force his way onto the team ala TK. I also think our coach will mind-hump him all season putting him in and out of the lineup like he did to TK and Ghost.
    I'd agree that Frost is up there -- he flat-out dominated his junior league. Dominated.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'd agree that Frost is up there -- he flat-out dominated his junior league. Dominated.
    That's all.find and well, but that doesn't translate to physical maturity and the ability to handle a significant role at the NHL level. The other guys on the list are either it or nearing the end of their development curves with a more clearly defined role.

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    15,545
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That's all.find and well, but that doesn't translate to physical maturity and the ability to handle a significant role at the NHL level. The other guys on the list are either it or nearing the end of their development curves with a more clearly defined role.
    Itís really not that hard to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle when you have an off-season to train.

    Konecny wasnít physically mature when he came out. Marner, Point. Marchessault still looks physically immature lol.

    Iíd give Frost a 30-40% chance of making the roster next year. He dominated the OHL and didnít really slow down in the playoffs either. If Hextall wants to give him another junior year thatís fine but I think weíre trying to subdue our excitement here by saying he wonít make it. I think he has a better shot than the Flyers are leading on.

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Itís really not that hard to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle when you have an off-season to train.

    Konecny wasnít physically mature when he came out. Marner, Point. Marchessault still looks physically immature lol.

    Iíd give Frost a 30-40% chance of making the roster next year. He dominated the OHL and didnít really slow down in the playoffs either. If Hextall wants to give him another junior year thatís fine but I think weíre trying to subdue our excitement here by saying he wonít make it. I think he has a better shot than the Flyers are leading on.
    I'd generally agree with that sentiment. I just don't think him making it is likely though bc I feel like he needs to be even better than Konecny was in training camp and preseason if for no other reason than the roster is better and they don't really NEED him to make the team. I do think Hextall will be true to his word though and if he blows them away and proves to be at least one of the Flyers 6 best forwards already that he will find room for him.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Itís really not that hard to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle when you have an off-season to train.

    Konecny wasnít physically mature when he came out. Marner, Point. Marchessault still looks physically immature lol.

    Iíd give Frost a 30-40% chance of making the roster next year. He dominated the OHL and didnít really slow down in the playoffs either. If Hextall wants to give him another junior year thatís fine but I think weíre trying to subdue our excitement here by saying he wonít make it. I think he has a better shot than the Flyers are leading on.
    TKís lower body is like a tree trunk, frostís is not. He is closer to 155/160 and needs to be around 185 ... I think that is asking a lot of him. I think frost literally follows in Gís footsteps, and goes to the AHL for a bit before the NHL. I also donít think frost is AHL eligible next year because he just turned 19 and will be 19 until next May ...
    Last edited by castan_b; 05-18-2018 at 08:37 AM.

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    TKís lower body is like a tree trunk, frostís is not. He is closer to 155/160 and needs to be around 185 ... I think that is asking a lot of him. I think frost literally follows in Gís footsteps, and goes to the AHL for a bit before the NHL. I also donít think frost is AHL eligible next year because he just turned 19 and will be 19 until next May ...
    I mean Gaudreau is barely pushing 160 lbs and heís doing okay.

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    I mean Gaudreau is barely pushing 160 lbs and heís doing okay.
    Iím tempering expectations and Johnny hockey played college playing 18-24 year olds so we had a better comparison ... Frost is still playing 16-20 year olds, so maybe. More than likely he isnít making the flyers this upcoming year.

Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •