Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    100% agree with this. I don't see Hexy as trying to make a splash. He'll make the picks, or trade down.
    That is what I think hexy does. It isnít what I want him to do haha

Well, Mike Hoffman may not be going anywhere for a while. Maybe ever:

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018...f-mike-hoffman

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Well, Mike Hoffman may not be going anywhere for a while. Maybe ever:

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018...f-mike-hoffman
    Weird way to interpret this.

For me, this makes it even more likely at least one of karlsson or Hoffman gets traded.

Theyre unlikely to coexist at this point. Regardless of the outcome. One of them will not start the season as a senator. Why not Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Weird way to interpret this.

For me, this makes it even more likely at least one of karlsson or Hoffman gets traded.

Theyre unlikely to coexist at this point. Regardless of the outcome. One of them will not start the season as a senator. Why not Hoffman
    Got to agree with you, unless it is a criminal case against Hoffman, which I donít think it is from the article

OEL is going to get 8 years @ 8million. Provorov should get 8 years at 5.5 or 6 based on that if we do a deal early

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Got to agree with you, unless it is a criminal case against Hoffman, which I donít think it is from the article
    Last time I checked, this isn't a criminal matter. If true, it is loathesome and despicable and absolutely heinous, but no one is saying Mike Hoffman did it. His fiancee is alleged to have done so.

I agree with Castan's take that it likely means one of the two is out the door -- and if I'm Ottawa, that means Bye Bye Mike Hoffman. And likely at a bargain basement price, given that NHL GMs tend to overvalue "character" and somehow this reflects negatively on Hoffman's.

Crazy story -- I can't help but feel for the Karlssons, but at the same time, I see no logical reason why Mike Hoffman's fiancee would be going after Erik Karlsson's wife over a tragic family situation using a fake account. Seems insane. But then again, so did the notion Brian Coangelo was bashing Sixers players using secret twitter accounts a few weeks ago. Up is down. Down is sideways.

OEL is going to get 8 years @ 8million. Provorov should get 8 years at 5.5 or 6 based on that if we do a deal early
    For OEL, that's a bargain.

I still don't understand the NHL -- if OEL was a forward, he'd be getting a Toews-level contract ($10.25M+ AAV), despite playing fewer minutes and having a smaller overall contribution on the outcome of a game. Makes no sense -- if you're going to pay one group of players, pay the defensemen.

A great defenseman can make mediocre forwards pretty damn good (see Pronger, Chris or Karlsson, Erik).

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Last time I checked, this isn't a criminal matter. If true, it is loathesome and despicable and absolutely heinous, but no one is saying Mike Hoffman did it. His fiancee is alleged to have done so.

I agree with Castan's take that it likely means one of the two is out the door -- and if I'm Ottawa, that means Bye Bye Mike Hoffman. And likely at a bargain basement price, given that NHL GMs tend to overvalue "character" and somehow this reflects negatively on Hoffman's.

Crazy story -- I can't help but feel for the Karlssons, but at the same time, I see no logical reason why Mike Hoffman's fiancee would be going after Erik Karlsson's wife over a tragic family situation using a fake account. Seems insane. But then again, so did the notion Brian Coangelo was bashing Sixers players using secret twitter accounts a few weeks ago. Up is down. Down is sideways.
    I wouldn't want to touch Mike Hoffman with a 10-foot-pole right there. No one is going to want to add that to the lockerroom. Think about what just happened with Brian Colangelo. Sure it was probably his wife, or at least, probably she had a lot to do with it, you're not going to want to add that kind of crazy into your organization. Colangelo was let go, and no one will touch him. Until this whole mess gets sorted out, it's silly to add that sort of crazy into a locker room. It's not criminal but those types of issues aren't ones that you want to add because there could be so much more here.

Until someone figures this mess out, I'd guess Hoffman isn't going anywhere. Even for dirt cheap. Let's put it this way...if his fiancee really has been saying this stuff...you don't think Karlsson told him just once, man-to-man "Hey, your fiancee said some really mean stuff to my wife, can you ask her to stop?" (or something along those lines). It's hard to say if someone's making things up, has really thin skin, or if Hoffman's fiancee is clearly just a psychopath, but if it's a case where Karlsson's talked to Hoffman about it, Hoffman didn't do anything/didn't care/sided with the psychopath, then that's just not the kind of dude you want to go putting on the team. Gotta figure that part out, first.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-13-2018 at 01:01 AM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I wouldn't want to touch Mike Hoffman with a 10-foot-pole right there. No one is going to want to add that to the lockerroom. Think about what just happened with Brian Colangelo. Sure it was probably his wife, or at least, probably she had a lot to do with it, you're not going to want to add that kind of crazy into your organization. Colangelo was let go, and no one will touch him. Until this whole mess gets sorted out, it's silly to add that sort of crazy into a locker room. It's not criminal but those types of issues aren't ones that you want to add because there could be so much more here.

Until someone figures this mess out, I'd guess Hoffman isn't going anywhere. Even for dirt cheap. Let's put it this way...if his fiancee really has been saying this stuff...you don't think Karlsson told him just once, man-to-man "Hey, your fiancee said some really mean stuff to my wife, can you ask her to stop?" (or something along those lines). It's hard to say if someone's making things up, has really thin skin, or if Hoffman's fiancee is clearly just a psychopath, but if it's a case where Karlsson's talked to Hoffman about it, Hoffman didn't do anything/didn't care/sided with the psychopath, then that's just not the kind of dude you want to go putting on the team. Gotta figure that part out, first.
    Agreed. They can't move him until this gets sorted out. I think he gets moved eventually, as does Karlsson, so from that perspective I don't think anything changes. I just think the timeline gets skewed a bit with respect to Hoffman.

It's not really the same as Colangelo. Colangelo was causing organizational problems top to bottom by releasing sensitive info. Hoffman would just be a locker room cancer. Both are bad but Colangelo situation is far worse. Some of what he did could be seen as illegal.

Iíd throw Ottawa a 5th rounder for Hoffman still. No chance in hell sending them a 1st round pick anymore. He screwed Ottawa there on that one.

Iíd throw Ottawa a 5th rounder for Hoffman still. No chance in hell sending them a 1st round pick anymore. He screwed Ottawa there on that one.
    I just think they wait it out. If his name gets cleared he will get top value again or at least close to it. Doesnt make sense to move him anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Agreed. They can't move him until this gets sorted out. I think he gets moved eventually, as does Karlsson, so from that perspective I don't think anything changes. I just think the timeline gets skewed a bit with respect to Hoffman.

It's not really the same as Colangelo. Colangelo was causing organizational problems top to bottom by releasing sensitive info. Hoffman would just be a locker room cancer. Both are bad but Colangelo situation is far worse. Some of what he did could be seen as illegal.
    What Hoffman's fiancee said could be seen as illegal too, however, depending on what she said and what gets turned up. Threats against someone are illegal and at this point we don't know the full extent. What we know is that a peace bond was issued meaning there was definite concern she COULD do something illegal.

I think what she did and what Colangelo did could very much be in the same ballpark. We don't know how complicit Mike Hoffman was. If she was doing this, I just have a hard time believing Hoffman wasn't told. And if he knew and didn't either break it off with her or make her stop...then there's extreme damage being done not only in that lockeroom but at the entire NHL level. Is someone like, Matt Duchene going to want to sign back? Is Karlsson? Think there are definitely organizational level outcomes from this potentially.

Until there are answers, I know if I had the option of going to Ottawa or elsewhere and I had a wife, I'm very much going to keep that in my mind.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    What Hoffman's fiancee said could be seen as illegal too, however, depending on what she said and what gets turned up. Threats against someone are illegal and at this point we don't know the full extent. What we know is that a peace bond was issued meaning there was definite concern she COULD do something illegal.

I think what she did and what Colangelo did could very much be in the same ballpark. We don't know how complicit Mike Hoffman was. If she was doing this, I just have a hard time believing Hoffman wasn't told. And if he knew and didn't either break it off with her or make her stop...then there's extreme damage being done not only in that lockeroom but at the entire NHL level. Is someone like, Matt Duchene going to want to sign back? Is Karlsson? Think there are definitely organizational level outcomes from this potentially.

Until there are answers, I know if I had the option of going to Ottawa or elsewhere and I had a wife, I'm very much going to keep that in my mind.
    Honestly, I'm tempted to side with Hoffman here.

However, there is no proof (or even evidence, for that matter), that anything Karlsson's wife is saying is true. There are tweets (proof again that Twitter is evil) from an unknown individual (NOT Hoffman's fiancee's account) that are repugnant. Despicable. Absolutely horrible. But is there a link between those accounts and Hoffman's fiancee? No. Not a thing. There is no correlation analysis or semantic analysis (as was done with Coangelo) that even hints at this. Nothing. This is a "she said-she said" situation.

While we're on the topic, let's get a few other things straight: (1) Hoffman is innocent until proven guilty; (2) NO allegations, accusations or formal charges have been made against Hoffman whatsoever; (3) The Ottawa Sun report specifically states that Hoffman & Karlsson have not discussed the matter; (4) since when can Hoffman (or any person, for that matter) control what someone else does (or "make her stop")? Never. It just doesn't happen.

I think this entire situation is despicable, to be honest. But Mike Hoffman (and Erik Karlsson) really aren't involved. Their wives/fiancess are. But again, let's circle back to the central fact that everyone seems to be overlooking: there has been no evidence presented linking Hoffman's fiancee with the Twitter account(s) making the repugnant comments. Innocent until proven guilty.

Also, how would Hoffman "know" that his fiancee (if true) is off posting terrible things hither and yon from burner accounts? He may know that his fiancee doesn't like Karlsson's wife, for whatever reason. OK. A lot of people don't like other people. Big deal. Hell, significant others of my teammates hated each other all the time. It happens. Not everyone gets along.

Knowledge of the existence of mutual (or one-sided) animosity does not entail knowledge of actions taken as a result of that animosity -- meaning that just because Hoffman knew (if he knew) that his fiancee didn't like Karlsson's wife DOES NOT MEAN that he knew his fiancee (allegedly) posted horrible messages using burner accounts.

So he's a terrible teammate for what, exactly?

very well said, Ace.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    For OEL, that's a bargain.

I still don't understand the NHL -- if OEL was a forward, he'd be getting a Toews-level contract ($10.25M+ AAV), despite playing fewer minutes and having a smaller overall contribution on the outcome of a game. Makes no sense -- if you're going to pay one group of players, pay the defensemen.

A great defenseman can make mediocre forwards pretty damn good (see Pronger, Chris or Karlsson, Erik).
    OEL took a bargain in order to stay there. If he hit the open market, he would get $9+ million without a doubt. He wanted to stay in Arizona for personal reasons not associated with winning and being a budget team they can't really afford to pay what players of his caliber are worth, so he took a hometown discount. Shane Doan did the same exact thing for his entire career.

This is why I feel Provorov is going to get at least $8 million and I highly doubt he signs and extension this off-season. Obviously if I were the Flyers management group I would be talking extension now, but if I'm in the Provorov camp I'm holding out until my ELC expires.

Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast