Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 700
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    I am sorry if one doesn't realize there are racist groups within one;s party or it doesn't matter, shouldn't be remarking about why minorities don't choose republican over democrat. It is because of people like this keep minorities out of the republican party. If we seek to have our issues heard, we are whiners. If we want funding replaced back into our school systems we have our hands out again. The republican party never pushed minorities issues and willn't seek to once minorities filled their tent. Then, why would that republican group wish to remain republicans?

    It would be like a anti-abortion factor trying to exist in the democrat party. Would the democrats every champion their cause? Will most of the members within that party work against them? Then why would they support the democrat party or even be in that party?
    Last edited by WES445; 05-05-2018 at 08:47 PM.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,323
    Clowns, get 3 points for every one point end you still deflect on grounds of "I'm not the one who brought up irrelevant facts!"

    "I'm just spreading more"

    Hack typical.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    32,184
    everyone wants to be part of the cool club
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_e...VVqO-k4YOArfuX
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    listening to that makes me feel my age. Is this popular now?

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    12,408
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    listening to that makes me feel my age. Is this popular now?
    No. Screeching Weasel wasn't popular when they were current, and they certainly aren't now.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,887
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmm..... There might be something else that is related to that. Oh yeah urban. My guess is you still have some difficulty with understanding correlation and causation.

    Also your supposition isn't true. Because I guess you didn't bother to look. But Kansas City, St. Louis Memphis Indianapolis and Milwakee are in the top 10, They are all in red states. So yeah. Wrong again. It's amazing how often one person can be wrong in a public setting.

    That is also only major metropolitan areas, if you dig into the violent crime stats well things look different. https://www.freep.com/story/news/201...ity/701445001/

    But don't worry about that little idea of looking to see if the things you say are true. Well at least not if you want to continue to be ****ing wrong all the time.

    And By the way Blue states are TERRORISTS!
    I think you are missing the real correlation... not to mention the St. Louis numbers are driven by East St. Louis which isn't in Missouri

  7. #502
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,668
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Is it a possibility that there is a problem with the republican approach toward minorities? Or is that impossible? If possible, have you ever dig into it and explored if this might be the case?

    Sure, there’s also plenty of republicans who do the same thing, vote republicans becayse that’s what they’ve always done
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I’m just legit mind blown that someone can look at these situations and the only thing to cross their mind is oh they must be brainwashed into thinking the right has a problem with minorities

    All this repetitive anti minority sentiment is just somehow going over their head. How disconnected does someone have to be to be that lost?

    I’m legit asking Fnk those questions in my last post, he seriously comes off as tho those thoughts never even crossed his mind. My drive for conversing with him in this thread is more fascination than anything
    knowing that the Democrats NEED the minority vote to win elections then why do so many automatically believe everything they say?

    "anti minority sentiments" is an opinion. one example is how the left pushes that the right is against immigration in general. that is what millions choose the believe, that this fight about the wall and border security is all about the right being against immigrants in general. this is wrong. what many on the right are against is illegal immigration. but because the left wants to manipulate people/minorities and keep that minority vote they leave out the word illegal.






    this from Larry Elder (who I support WES445)..


    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    "anti minority sentiments" is an opinion. eet]
    An opinion shared by vast majority of minorities who listen to leaders on the right speak. What does that mean to you?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,722
    I love how she majestically flows from it’s not liberal or conservative, it’s the left (liberal). That is some poetic waxing.

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    12,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I think you are missing the real correlation... not to mention the St. Louis numbers are driven by East St. Louis which isn't in Missouri
    I'm not sure if you are mocking him or me.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #506
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,668
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    An opinion shared by vast majority of minorities who listen to leaders on the right speak. What does that mean to you?
    more like listen to leaders on the left speak, as in the Democrats and their endorsing media push how it's the right that is against minorities.










    there is an opinion piece here on Kanye.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...-kanye/559763/

    I’m Not Black, I’m Kanye

    Kanye West wants freedom—white freedom.
    I'm not going to quote the article. instead I will quote this followup from Ben Shapiro in the DailyWire..

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/30323...te-ben-shapiro

    Ta-Nehisi Coates SLAMS Kanye: West Pushing 'White Freedom,' Allying With Slaveholders
    Ta-Nehisi Coates of The Atlantic — the man many consider the new-fangled James Baldwin — is quite angry with Kanye West. In fact, he’s so angry with Kanye West that he has now officially declared that West is no longer a black person. West, you see, disagrees with Coates on politics. What’s worse, West doesn’t know things, the kinds of things Ta-Nehisi Coates thinks are important for him to know, which shows that he is disengaged from his skin color.

    For a guy who writes endlessly about “black bodies,” it sure would be nice if Ta-Nehisi Coates saw Kanye West as more than one.

    Coates begins his 5,000-word essay with an ode to early Michael Jackson:

    Michael Jackson was God, but not just God in scope and power, though there was certainly that, but God in his great mystery; God in how a child would hear tell of him, God in how he lived among the legend and lore; God because the Walkman was still uncommon, and I was young and could not count on the car radio, because my parents lived between NPR and WTOP. So the legends were all I had—tales of remarkable feats and fantastic deeds: Michael Jackson mediated gang wars; Michael Jackson was the zombie king; Michael Jackson tapped his foot and stones turned to light. Even his accouterment felt beyond me—the studded jacket, the sparkling glove, the leather pants—raiment of the divine, untouchable by me, a mortal child who squinted to see past Saturday, who would not even see Motown 25 until it was past 30, who would not even own a copy of Thriller until I was a grown man, who no longer believed in miracles, and knew in my heart that if the black man’s God was not dead, he surely was dying. And he had always been dying—dying to be white.

    This overwrought language from Coates is merely the prelude to his attack on West, whom he considers another Jackson: another powerful black man in the music industry, worshipped by millions, who has attempted to escape his black past. Jackson, Coates says, “had once been Africa beautiful and Africa brown,” but now was “disappearing into something white, dessicating into something white.”

    If this seems somewhat cruel (and somewhat racist, by the way — imagine the description working the other way), that’s because it is — Jackson denied he whitened his skin, and his autopsy confirmed that he had vitiligo. But according to Coates, Jackson’s physical changes left black children bereft, since this hero had stopped looking like them.

    What does this have to do with Kanye West? Here’s Coates:

    Kanye West, a god in this time, awakened, recently, from a long public slumber to embrace Donald Trump. He hailed Trump, as a “brother,” a fellow bearer of “dragon energy,” and impugned those who objected as suppressors of “unpopular questions,” “thought police” whose tactics were “based on fear.” It was Trump, West argued, not Obama, who gave him hope that a black boy from the South Side of Chicago could be president. “Remember like when I said I was gonna run for president?,” said Kanye in interview with the radio host Charlamagne Tha God. “I had people close to me, friends of mine, making jokes, making memes, talking ****, now it’s like oh, that was proven that that could have happened.”

    This, Coates says, proves that Kanye, like Jackson before him, is attempting to escape his blackness. Chicago, Coates points out, isn’t the most dangerous city in America (he’s right about this — it ranks in the top 25). It is “dangerous” for Kanye to say that Chicago is the “murder capital of the world,” says Coates — that could spell federal intervention in the city (yeah, right).

    But West, according to Coates, is just repeating the mythos of the white man: Trump’s election is merely the latest symptom of white history going back to “before there was an America, when the first Carib was bayoneted and the first African delivered up in chains.”

    This is rather mad — Trump has bayoneted no Caribs, nor is his legacy one of delivering up Africans in chains. But according to Coates, who has a grand unifying field theory of everything that comes down to race, everything is fruit of the poisonous tree. And Kanye has apparently been watering that tree:

    Nothing is new here. The tragedy is so old, but even within it there are actors—some who’ve chosen resistance, and some, like West, who, however blithely, have chosen collaboration.

    Collaboration? How has West collaborated in the murder and enslavement of black people? How does voting Republican do that, exactly? According to Coates, West has spoken out without being a scholar on the issues — “no citizen claiming such a large portion of the public square as West can be granted reprieve.” Coates says that because West knows nothing about politics, he has betrayed his base: “the rule of Donald Trump is predicated on the infliction of maximum misery on West’s most ardent parishioners, the portions of America, the muck, that made the god Kanye possible.”

    Really? Has it been? Black unemployment is the lowest it has been in decades. Crime continues to drop. The Trump administration is now actively pursuing criminal justice reform. Are these the hallmarks of a man attempting to “inflict maximum misery”?

    Before Coates goes further, he meanders into a rather self-serving account of his own fame — all of the magical things that happened to him upon his ascent to prominence, and how he was almost sucked under by them. But then — like a man! — he stood up.

    The terrible thing about that small fame was how it undressed me, stripped me of self-illusion, and showed how easily I could be swept away…But I did not drown.

    Unlike Kanye. Who drowned.

    There’s nothing original in this tale and there’s ample evidence, beyond West, that humans were not built to withstand the weight of celebrity. But for black artists who rise to the heights of Jackson and West, the weight is more, because they come from communities in desperate need of champions.

    And West is the great betrayer, because West was the great champion of the rhythms of a people:

    When Jackson sang and danced, when West samples or rhymes, they are tapping into a power formed under all the killing, all the beatings, all the rape and plunder that made America. The gift can never wholly belong to a singular artist, free of expectation and scrutiny, because the gift is no more solely theirs than the suffering that produced it. Michael Jackson did not invent the moonwalk. When West raps, “And I basically know now, we get racially profiled / Cuffed up and hosed down, pimped up and ho’d down,” the we is instructive.

    You see, in the end, West isn’t an individual. He is a mere cog in the machine of race — an important cog, to be sure, but a cog. And he must remain in his place in the machine, lest the gears grind to a halt. And because West doesn’t think like Coates, the machine has been endangered:

    What Kanye West seeks is what Michael Jackson sought—liberation from the dictates of that “we.” In his visit with West, the rapper T.I. was stunned to find that West, despite his endorsement of Trump, had never heard of the travel ban. “He don’t know the things that we know because he’s removed himself from society to a point where it don’t reach him,” T.I. said. West calls his struggle the right to be a “free thinker,” and he is, indeed, championing a kind of freedom—a white freedom, freedom without consequence, freedom without criticism, freedom to be proud and ignorant; freedom to profit off a people in one moment and abandon them in the next; a Stand Your Ground freedom, freedom without responsibility, without hard memory; a Monticello without slavery, a Confederate freedom, the freedom of John C. Calhoun, not the freedom of Harriet Tubman, which calls you to risk your own; not the freedom of Nat Turner, which calls you to give even more, but a conqueror’s freedom, freedom of the strong built on antipathy or indifference to the weak, the freedom of rape buttons, ***** grabbers, and **** you anyway, *****; freedom of oil and invisible wars, the freedom of suburbs drawn with red lines, the white freedom of Calabasas.

    This is actually racist nonsense. First off, how can Coates assume that all black Americans somehow oppose the travel ban? Six in ten Americans support it; there are apparently no polls that show racial breakdown. Simply because Kanye doesn’t know things doesn’t mean he must agree with Coates on them. Why is “free thinking” necessarily “white thinking”? Coates own logic is self-defeating: if free thinking means agreeing with Coates, it isn’t particularly free. But Coates quickly places West in league with slaveholders, lumps together slaveholders and advocates for Stand Your Ground policies (which were not implicated legally in Florida’s Trayvon Martin case, by the way), and lumps both together with John C. Calhoun and the Iraq War and evil white suburbia.

    If there’s a racist in this equation, his name rhymes with Ta-Nehisi Coates. But Coates is too busy calling West an alt-white racist to notice it, and blaming West for every ill that Coates believes America suffers:

    It is the young people among the despised classes of America who will pay a price for this—the children parted from their parents at the border, the women warring to control the reproductive organs of their own bodies, the transgender soldier fighting for his job, the students who dare not return home for fear of a “travel ban,” which West is free to have never heard of. West, in his own way, will likely pay also for his thin definition of freedom, as opposed to one that experiences history, traditions, and struggle, not as a burden, but as an anchor in a chaotic world.

    Yes, West surely will make all of these people pay: illegal immigrants (he doesn’t oppose illegal immigration, as far as we know), abortion (he’s pro-choice, as far as we know), transgenders (his father-in-law is Caitlyn Jenner). But Coates magically knows that West thinks all of this because he knows that Kanye West is white now, and Kanye West thinks like white people do — the same white people who put Barack Obama in the White House twice, by the way. But Coates tries to call Kanye back to being a cog:

    I wonder what he might be, if he could find himself back into connection, back to that place where he sought not a disconnected freedom of “I,” but a black freedom that called him back—back to the bone and drum, back to Chicago, back to Home.

    Come back, Kanye! Stop with this intellectual freedom nonsense! Think as Coates wants you to! Otherwise, you cannot be truly free!

    why is someone's "blackness" questioned if they want people to think for themselves and not automatically vote Democrat. this type of logic seems stupid and racist.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,722
    What has Kanye actually said he supports about Trump’s agenda? That never seems to get brought up.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    9,804
    People have allowed themselves to become compartmentalized by ruling elite class all throughout history.......government oh yeah just about everybody gotta gotta have it!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    more like listen to leaders on the left speak, as in the Democrats and their endorsing media push how it's the right that is against minorities.
    .
    False, has nothing to do with what the left says. As mentioned earlier, huge amounts of minority voters didn’t vote Hilary but also didn’t vote Trump. They simply didn’t vote. These people clearly didn’t care what the dems endorsed, yet still do not vote republican. This evidence debunks your bogus theory that minorities are being duped by the message on the left.

    So again, given that vast majority of minorities listen to the message coming from the right and feel that this message is laced with anti minority sentiment, what does that mean to you?

    Do you think it would be in the right’s best interest to actually understand why so many minorities feel this way so they could address it?

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    Republicans address minorities' feelings? Having a Oprah moment with blacks? Yeah, it makes a lot of sense, but not on this world.

    They have gone out of their way to prove that they don't answers to minorities/identity politic like the democrats do. That is what makes them special to their base.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist answering.

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •