Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As a sports fan what's worse to witness?

Simple question for all sports fan.

What's worse to witness in a game

Watching your team/s getting blown out by a big score

or

Watching your team/s lose by 1 point

Moved this to the General Discussion forum

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Moved this to the General Discussion forum
    Thanks no problem. BTW Can I be removed from the Patriots ban list? I know I said I wanted to be
    banned but I want to be back in. Thanks.

I think losing a close game is so much worse.

Getting blown at sucks but I don't get anywhere near as invested as I would during a close game.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Close game is a worse feeling, Blow outs are easy to walk away from IMO. 1 point losses leave a sour taste of we should have had it.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Yeah it's the 1 score losses. Because pretty much no matter what that's a game you could've won. Blowouts you just chalk it up as not your day and it's on to the next one.

Close game is worse. Every player, coach and fan will over analyze one or two plays and all the "what ifs". Getting blown out, you're out of the game early and just realize the other team is the better team that day.

And it doesn't even matter the stage it's on. The Ravens blowing out the Giants in the Super Bowl was easier to handle than any 1 score loss we've had to a division rival, even in regular season games. Just my opinion though, can totally see the other side of the argument.

A close game is respectable, a blowout is an embarrassment
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Definitely more entertainment value out of a close loss.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Lose by 1.
    Minnesota being blown out by Philly in the NFC Champ game this year hurt a lot less than losing to the Saints by 3 in OT in 2009. At least this year I knew by halftime we were losing. That Saints game I thought we were going to win on the final drive, then the INT happened. Also bountygate still pisses me off. Minnesota was the better team that year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Close game is worse. Every player, coach and fan will over analyze one or two plays and all the "what ifs". Getting blown out, you're out of the game early and just realize the other team is the better team that day.

And it doesn't even matter the stage it's on. The Ravens blowing out the Giants in the Super Bowl was easier to handle than any 1 score loss we've had to a division rival, even in regular season games. Just my opinion though, can totally see the other side of the argument.
    I'm a Patriots fan how do you think I felt watching my team losing twice to the Giants?

Ending is easily more heartbreaking but it was a much more entertaining road to get there. Personally, I'd rather have the close loss.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

You guys are tripping, Iíll take a close loss any day. Being a raider fan, football was just flat out pathetic at some stretches, every week the game is over in the 3rd. That was just the worst.

Close games are fun as hell, i get so into them. Warriors blew the finals in 2016, but that series was sick, that whole year was a blast to follow, wouldnít trade it for a first round exit, hell no

As a sports fan what's worse to witness?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    In other words the post-game finger pointing can be brutal and not entertaining. Itís not really watching a close game itself that is the issue. Itís what happens afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Lose by 1 point.

If my team is getting blown out I leave or stop watching eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast