Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Harvey to the bullpen

Per Callaway.

Hopefully the dude can find his confidence and some velocity pitching in one, two or three innings bursts.

Harvey to the bullpen

YESSSS

This new coaching staff ainít messing around. Wonder how Harveyís fragile little ego is doing.

They announce this before they announce Vargasí return? What am I missing? Donít get me wrong. Iím all for it. Just seems that the announcement is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    They announce this before they announce Vargasí return? What am I missing? Donít get me wrong. Iím all for it. Just seems that the announcement is premature.
    Lugo or Gsellman could cover in the meantime, if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Lugo or Gsellman could cover in the meantime, if necessary.
    Lugo.

I think He Who Needs Vowel found his niche in the pen.

Had to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Harveyís response is perfect. Heís pissed off but understands heís got to get his act together.

Get it done, Matt.

The sad reality is he just does not have the stuff to be a starter anymore.

Matt has the right attitude. He's hugely upset, but he knows he earned the demotion. Now get out there and prove something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The sad reality is he just does not have the stuff to be a starter anymore.

I don't believe that. I think he does. As ****** as he was, his XFIP was 3.61 this season. Obviously there are some indicators that suggest he could be a decent major league SP. The problem is he has to learn how to pitch with lesser stuff. That's a big hurdle to jump when you've been a power pitcher your whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't believe that. I think he does. As ****** as he was, his XFIP was 3.61 this season. Obviously there are some indicators that suggest he could be a decent major league SP. The problem is he has to learn how to pitch with lesser stuff. That's a big hurdle to jump when you've been a power pitcher your whole life.
    Considering the fact that he was always a guy that had issues the third time through the order, now he does not have that velocity to even fool some guys, I just donít see it.

And is not even the FB velocity thatís down, his slider is not the same either and his command is not as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Considering the fact that he was always a guy that had issues the third time through the order, now he does not have that velocity to even fool some guys, I just donít see it.

And is not even the FB velocity thatís down, his slider is not the same either and his command is not as well.

I think the command has been better this year. He's throwing more strikes. The problem is how hittable those strikes are. That comes from the diminished velocity but its also a byproduct of the launch angle/juiced ball era. Those balls probably dont go out of the ballpark 3 or 4 years ago. Now they do.

Look, I get the days of the Dark Knight are over in the rotation but I think he still has the stuff to be a serviceable major league SP. He has to do a 180 on what he's done since high school though.

If only we drafted Sale...if only.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Sad to see it come to this. But he does not deserve to be a starting pitcher at the moment. What could've been Matt, what could've been.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast