Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Belt

And there are still people clamoring to trade Belt on twitter. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    And there are still people clamoring to trade Belt on twitter. Idiots.
    Not me!

I officially love him now.

It took a while but I'm there.

This Belt guy is pretty good at baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    The knew Will Clark...? lol.

I do love him though....

1/3 1r 1rbi .298 .951

Clark was in the cage with Williamson yesterday.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'm curious if Belt were to have come up in another organization and have the exact same numbers if another fan base would be as hard on him as we are? I think he is in line to have his best offensive season in his career barring health. I sometimes wonder if the Giants fans have been spoiled by the Bonds, Clark, Williams, Kent, Mitchell eras of decent power numbers and because of that we yearn for a bopper when it just isn't realistic expectations to put on someone? What do you guys think if Belt came up with another organization, do you think he would be such a lightning rod of contention?
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    I'm curious if Belt were to have come up in another organization and have the exact same numbers if another fan base would be as hard on him as we are? I think he is in line to have his best offensive season in his career barring health. I sometimes wonder if the Giants fans have been spoiled by the Bonds, Clark, Williams, Kent, Mitchell eras of decent power numbers and because of that we yearn for a bopper when it just isn't realistic expectations to put on someone? What do you guys think if Belt came up with another organization, do you think he would be such a lightning rod of contention?
    I think most other organizations would have received him better. With the Giants, and more specifically Bochy, Belt endured a harder path. Bochy has, with few exceptions,, been reluctant to trust young positional talent. Pill took time from Belt. Posey playing 1st takes time from Belt. The front office had to trade Molina forcing Bochy to play Posey. Williamson being shuttled to and from AAA like a yo yo. Even Crawford had to split time with Adrianza/Velez/Burris.
    Fans like numbers, but dont always understand which number matter more than the traditional BA., HR and Rbi.

I think he'd be much better received. A big reason why would be because his power numbers wouldn't hurt as much playing at another stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I think he'd be much better received. A big reason why would be because his power numbers wouldn't hurt as much playing at another stadium.
    agree they would be different, but for fun let's say they weren't. Coming in with the same outlook as he did when the Giants had him in the system, I wonder if say the Royals fans would treat him differently?

I think fans have to retrain themselves to what matters most and what the new numbers look like in todays game. We are pretty far removed from the hitter that hits a consistent .325. We have more guys hitting for lower average and more eyes are on OBP and OPS. I want the raw power numbers, but I understand it is not realistic at this point.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

Depends on which organization. Boston NY LA probably would.

Personally ive just tuned out the noise. If people want to hate him let them. Giants fans have a history of bashing or getting on one single player throughout their time. Feel fans hate Strickland too hard too. Theyre passionate, just like any loyal fanbase is. I still believe if, and hes on good pace to so so, he breaks 20 hrs in a year people will shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just thinking yesterday, people still bash the FO for trading Duvall for Leake. I guarantee you if it were the other way around; where we acquired Duvall, people would be screaming to get him out of SF.

But yes, the Belt hate is ridiculous. Have always thought it was. Its understandable to get frustrated at a player. I certainly have gotten frustrated with him. As i have i with Buster and Bum and Craw and Panik and literally every player. But its baseball. Its hard. Some fans get caught up in the emotions and forget how hard this game is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2/5 1r 1rbi .301 .967

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    2/5 1r 1rbi .301 .967
    Damn he sucks. I wish we still had Lance Niekro.

I was thinking recently that Belt is JT Snow with power.

Snow wasn't known for power or a high average, frequently walked, and was a great defensive first baseman, yet was a fan favorite. And Belt is a much better hitter. What gives?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast