Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Belt

Brandon Belt

I'm keeping my eye on you mister...

Any chance we could get Will Clark to give him some tips?

Believe Clark did try to during his rookie year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top 10 first baseman in baseball since 2013.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

2013- .275/.360/.421, .365 wOBA/140 wRC+, .193 ISO, 4.2 WAR
    2014 (61 games)- .243/.306/.449, .330 wOBA/115 wRC+, .206 ISO, 0.7 WAR
    2015- .280/.356/.478, .359 wOBA/132 wRC+, .197 ISO, 3.9 WAR
    2016- .275/.394/.474, .374 wOBA/137 wRC+, .199 ISO, 4.0 WAR
    2017 (104 games)- .241/.355/.469, .352/119 wRC+, .228 ISO, 2.3 WAR

He'll be just fine.

Since I got a B-R Play Index subscription last week I tried looking at Belt vs. Clark over roughly the same number of games, which for Belt is 2013-2017 and for Clark is 1989-1992, they're fairly similar.

I'm pretty sure Will Clark has been around the team in some capacity during Belts tenure. I don't get this obsession with Belt being the 2nd best hitter on the team and it never being good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I'm pretty sure Will Clark has been around the team in some capacity during Belts tenure. I don't get this obsession with Belt being the 2nd best hitter on the team and it never being good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Because some of his high leverage AB look funky and he was a big strike zone because of his height.

I have a love hate relationship with Belt myself. I cannot deny his talent. His ability to work a count, get on base, play defense and his stupid power. However, I think this organization's fans immediately turn to the Will Clark comparison and it is unfair to Belt. Clark was a face of a team. Belt has never and will never be that guy. Will Clark could do no wrong in his day. He has had long lasting moments on this franchise and the lore of Will the Thrill will always outshine Brandon Belt. Belt is a very solid player, but I have always wanted more from my 1B. More in power numbers and I get that we are playing in a dead stadium, but we are also in an era where guys are launching balls and that is it. These guys hit .240 and bang 40 HR's and that is what people want to see. I think Belt's impact on the team is different then the normal slugging 1B. I also think his numbers are unquantifiable in terms of his impact.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    I have a love hate relationship with Belt myself. I cannot deny his talent. His ability to work a count, get on base, play defense and his stupid power. However, I think this organization's fans immediately turn to the Will Clark comparison and it is unfair to Belt. Clark was a face of a team. Belt has never and will never be that guy. Will Clark could do no wrong in his day. He has had long lasting moments on this franchise and the lore of Will the Thrill will always outshine Brandon Belt. Belt is a very solid player, but I have always wanted more from my 1B. More in power numbers and I get that we are playing in a dead stadium, but we are also in an era where guys are launching balls and that is it. These guys hit .240 and bang 40 HR's and that is what people want to see. I think Belt's impact on the team is different then the normal slugging 1B. I also think his numbers are unquantifiable in terms of his impact.
    I like, and agree with, this post.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    since i got a b-r play index subscription last week i tried looking at belt vs. Clark over roughly the same number of games, which for belt is 2013-2017 and for clark is 1989-1992, they're fairly similar.
    good share!

I honestly think if we played in almost any other stadium, the criticism would be far less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I honestly think if we played in almost any other stadium, the criticism would be far less.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    Well said. Feel the same way. Frustrating at times when he doesn't swing at hittable pitches, or does swing and misses them. Belt does get too much hate. While Crawford gets too much love.

21 pitch at bat. Well done.

Didn't he have a really long AB vs the Mariners too? And didn't he hit a dinger in that at bat?

His home runs this year

Dodgers: 1
    Angels: 2
    Dbacks: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    His home runs this year

Dodgers: 1
    Angels: 2
    Dbacks: 2
    cheers!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast