Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    I like Jontay Porter, but I'd be surprised if he's there at #27... He definitely would be gone by #29...

I am a fan of De'Anthony Melton... By leaving USC in Feb to focus on the draft, I would think he's been training hard... Defensively he reminds me so much of AB...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I like Jontay Porter, but I'd be surprised if he's there at #27... He definitely would be gone by #29...
    A lot of mocks right now have him going at 29-30 or even the second round. But he could go as high as 20. Either way, I think he's easily in striking distance, even if we have to trade up to get him, shouldn't cost much (maybe the LAC first - which I would do).

He has the skillset to be an Al Horford type player. Having a year or 2 of tutelage with Horford would be immense. On this team he wouldn't be forced into action right away.

I am a fan of De'Anthony Melton... By leaving USC in Feb to focus on the draft, I would think he's been training hard... Defensively he reminds me so much of AB...
    Yeah, I like him a lot. 6'8 wing span for a dude who's 6'2 is insane. Nice combo guard who can provide great on ball defense. Always room for guys like that on a team.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    A lot of mocks right now have him going at 29-30 or even the second round. But he could go as high as 20. Either way, I think he's easily in striking distance, even if we have to trade up to get him, shouldn't cost much (maybe the LAC first - which I would do).

He has the skillset to be an Al Horford type player. Having a year or 2 of tutelage with Horford would be immense. On this team he wouldn't be forced into action right away.

I was trying to find a trade partner below #27 who doesn't have a 19' 1st rounder and would take the 27th pick from the C's and the LAC 19' 1st... Only team I think is the Bucks, but their 19' 1st is heavily protected...

I also don't think the LAC 19' 1st will be all that valuable... They could very well be tank commanders next season...

Maybe DA can get a present from his friends McDonough in Phoenix or Thibs in Minny for either of their 1st's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I was trying to find a trade partner below #27 who doesn't have a 19' 1st rounder and would take the 27th pick from the C's and the LAC 19' 1st... Only team I think is the Bucks, but their 19' 1st is heavily protected...

I also don't think the LAC 19' 1st will be all that valuable... They could very well be tank commanders next season...

Maybe DA can get a present from his friends McDonough in Phoenix or Thibs in Minny for either of their 1st's...
    It doesn't cost much to move around the NBA draft once you get past pick 15. LAC pick should be plenty to move up 5 or so spots. When we moved up from 16 to 13 to pick Kelly Olynyk we sent #16 and 2 future second round picks to Dallas.

The cost of 3 spots in the mid teens was 2 second rounders. LAC pick is more valuable than that. And with West in charge and Doc coaching for his job...They're not going to be tanking. They'll rebuild on the fly.

City of Champions

Not saying this will happen or should happen (or that there aren't extenuating cap circumstances/politics around it) but the best destination for Lebron, on paper, is no doubt the Celtics IMO.

They'd have to move Hayward or Horford and would basically ruin Brad's program with LBJ's toxic influence. 2% chance, but I can't think of a better scenario if he would just STFU and play.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Not saying this will happen or should happen (or that there aren't extenuating cap circumstances/politics around it) but the best destination for Lebron, on paper, is no doubt the Celtics IMO.

They'd have to move Hayward or Horford and would basically ruin Brad's program with LBJ's toxic influence. 2% chance, but I can't think of a better scenario if he would just STFU and play.
    No thanks. And you'd have to move Kyrie because he would want no part of LeBron BTW. That's why he left CLE

City of Champions

No thanks. And you'd have to move Kyrie because he would want no part of LeBron BTW. That's why he left CLE
    The Kyrie factor is what I meant by politics.

LBJ to C's is moot since signing him would effectively destroy this program. Any man who calls himself "King" should be regarded with suspicion IMO. But still an interesting thought in a vacuum.

Every time people (not aimed at you element) tried predicting LeBron's downturn, he completely tore it down the following season... I wouldn't be surprised that whatever team he chooses for next season he becomes the league MVP... He's a generational freak...

Reggie Lewis

Every time people (not aimed at you element) tried predicting LeBron's downturn, he completely tore it down the following season... I wouldn't be surprised that whatever team he chooses for next season he becomes the league MVP... He's a generational freak...
    I think heís still going to be playing at an extremely high level into his late 30s. He might not be at an MVP level but itís hard to imagine him not putting up 18/5/5 even late in his career.

That said, I just donít want him on the Celtics. It has nothing to do with the Kyrie politics, how much salary weíd need to move, or the his toxic attitude. It would be like if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Patriots at the end of his career. Respect the players that Manning/LeBron are but I just donít want to root for a guy that weíve had so many epic battles against.

Yeah, I like him a lot. 6'8 wing span for a dude who's 6'2 is insane. Nice combo guard who can provide great on ball defense. Always room for guys like that on a team.
    I posted about Porter @ #27 yesterday so I like where your head is at!

I think a lot of teams will try to go after athletic freaks like Mitchell Robinson if theyíre looking for someone in the mid to late first round. Porter kind of flies under the radar. Heís not a tremendous athlete but he has a high basketball IQ, which you canít teach. Very willing and capable passer, can knock down triples with a nice, repeatable stroke, makes up for his lack of athleticism on defense by being in the right spot more often than not, etc. He brings similar skills that Horford does but with Kelly Olynykís athleticism. Heís also extremely young, so he might have more upside than people think. His defense would need to improve, but I have confidence in Brad to work on that with Porter.

If you can get a serviceable guy at #27 that can be used on a championship team, I would call that a win.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    I think heís still going to be playing at an extremely high level into his late 30s. He might not be at an MVP level but itís hard to imagine him not putting up 18/5/5 even late in his career.

That said, I just donít want him on the Celtics. It has nothing to do with the Kyrie politics, how much salary weíd need to move, or the his toxic attitude. It would be like if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Patriots at the end of his career. Respect the players that Manning/LeBron are but I just donít want to root for a guy that weíve had so many epic battles against.
    Nah. He's got one more years as a top 5, then two years as a top 15, then the cliff. Look at all the games he's played on wood from an early age. If he plays 17 MPG when he's 37 and primarily passes and shoots outside, OK, but if you think he's 39 MPG 28/8/8 at 37, no, don't see it.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 05-17-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    I posted about Porter @ #27 yesterday so I like where your head is at!

I think a lot of teams will try to go after athletic freaks like Mitchell Robinson if theyíre looking for someone in the mid to late first round. Porter kind of flies under the radar. Heís not a tremendous athlete but he has a high basketball IQ, which you canít teach. Very willing and capable passer, can knock down triples with a nice, repeatable stroke, makes up for his lack of athleticism on defense by being in the right spot more often than not, etc. He brings similar skills that Horford does but with Kelly Olynykís athleticism. Heís also extremely young, so he might have more upside than people think. His defense would need to improve, but I have confidence in Brad to work on that with Porter.

If you can get a serviceable guy at #27 that can be used on a championship team, I would call that a win.
    Porter is a good get IMO.

Somehow doubt we get him. More than willing to trade up. Try and sell Morris for some value and add our #1 to move up. If medicals are very good on KI, then consider Rozier to really jack towards the top 10.

I don't think DA will do anything big, but a moderate deal or two seem to be in order.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post

Trade Kyrie and Hayward for Anthony Davis. Sign Lebron. Boom at least 5 titles in row. I'm not really serious, but that would be quite the team.

^ You forgot about the 3 or 4 picks we'd have to toss in to get Davis, and you forgot about the max contract money that comes back. That would give you:

LBJ - max 3 great years left
    AD
    Horford
    plus whatever max or combo of salaries you got for Davis, probably bad players to make it work.

Both of of our hoped for picks gone - and BTW you'd never get Davis w/o Brown or Tatum included.

If you do that you have AD, LBJ, Tatum (for Horford's slot) in a 2-3 years.

Sorry hate that team and all you can figure on is getting to the Finals 2 or 3 times in 5 years.

I think Rozier should go this offseason. I like him a lot but IMO heís expendable. Obviously Kyrie will be back, but also Hayward whoís a great ball handler. Brown and Tatum will develop as ball handlers too. Ultimately, I see Rozierís role and skills there being marginalized to an extent.

Remember, Morris is a FA after next year and Theis is an RFA that could get MLE type offers if he plays well again. Even if Baynes comes back Iíd expect it to only be a 1 year deal too so heíd be a FA again next year as well. We have great depth but that isnít going to last forever unless Wyc is willing to go to absurd payroll levels.

I think roster composition wise it would make the most sense to keep one of Smart/Rozier and move the other. Smartís RFA status means Rozier is the only one you could move for value.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast