Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    I have been trying to figure out a way Lebron, Paul George and Kevin Love end up in LA purple and gold next year. I honestly think its wasnt best for lebron and for the league that he becomes a Laker for 3-4 years. Not saying it will happen. Just that it makes the most sense.
    That's actually a pretty easy deal for LA I think.

1. Relinquish all of their rights to their Free Agents

2. Decline the non guaranteed deals of Ennis and Bryant

3. Sign George outright to a 4 year MAX.

Their roster needs to be cut down to George, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac + 8 incomplete roster charges which would be about $41M in payroll...Leaving $60M in cap space

4. S&T LeBron and Love for Deng, Ball, Ingram to Cleveland for LeBron and Kevin Love. No way CLE turns this down. They shed cap space, take on Dengs contract but get 2 nice building blocks in Ball and Ingram.

PG LBJ
    SG Hart
    SF George
    PF Love
    C Zubac

6th Kuzma

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    That's actually a pretty easy deal for LA I think.

1. Relinquish all of their rights to their Free Agents

2. Decline the non guaranteed deals of Ennis and Bryant

3. Sign George outright to a 4 year MAX.

Their roster needs to be cut down to George, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac + 8 incomplete roster charges which would be about $41M in payroll...Leaving $60M in cap space

4. S&T LeBron and Love for Deng, Ball, Ingram to Cleveland for LeBron and Kevin Love. No way CLE turns this down. They shed cap space, take on Dengs contract but get 2 nice building blocks in Ball and Ingram.

PG LBJ
    SG Hart
    SF George
    PF Love
    C Zubac

6th Kuzma
    Good God, that frontcourt.

LA isn't giving up Ball or Ingram. And there's no need for them to overpay for Love

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Good God, that frontcourt.

LA isn't giving up Ball or Ingram. And there's no need for them to overpay for Love
    Yeah I doubt Love is really a target for them. Just responding to the poster. I think they'd settle for just LeBron and PG13.

PG Ball
    SG Ingram
    SF George
    PF LeBron
    C Zubac

Kuzma and Hart off the bench.

Unloading Deng will be a task but it can be done.

City of Champions

If LBJ goes to the Lakers Ball and his idiot father are headed right out of LA. A ball dominant superstar isn't going to have a snot nosed brat who is ball dominant but can't shoot and has the worst father in all of the NBA getting in his way. I wouldn't trade the last pick in the 2nd round for that duo.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I have been trying to figure out a way Lebron, Paul George and Kevin Love end up in LA purple and gold next year. I honestly think its wasnt best for lebron and for the league that he becomes a Laker for 3-4 years. Not saying it will happen. Just that it makes the most sense.
    Love isn't an ideal get for this tandem. I thought Westbrook next year was the assumption?
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

If it comes down to needing to trade Morris to stay below the tax and keep Baynes after retaining Smart then Id rather let Baynes walk. Which rotation looks better come playoff time...

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Morris
    Horford / Theis

or

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Baynes

Theres merit to both... well miss Baynes rim protection and rebounding but wed also miss Morris defensive ability on the permiter against bigger wings. If I had to choose one, give me the Morris rotation.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Dont see why a team who barely missed making the finals would be so ready deal away their biggest pieces?

Ill play the game though.........IF we end up trading Kyrie, Id be pushing hard for Kawhi if Im Danny. Id be all in on a deal centered around those two. If that doesnt work out, Id try and move him & picks (and maybe a player) to Dallas in a deal for DSJ & #5 (Bamba, Jackson or Carter) like another poster had mentioned. Im not trading Kyrie for just picks, if were gonna gamble on him like that, then id rather take my chances with his injury being OK and us being able to re-sign him.

As for Brown, not moving him for pick 5.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If it comes down to needing to trade Morris to stay below the tax and keep Baynes after retaining Smart then Id rather let Baynes walk. Which rotation looks better come playoff time...

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Morris
    Horford / Theis

or

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Baynes

Theres merit to both... well miss Baynes rim protection and rebounding but wed also miss Morris defensive ability on the permiter against bigger wings. If I had to choose one, give me the Morris rotation.
    Give me Baynes. Losing Baynes hurts Horford, we saw it in the playoffs. Baynes was great against PHI and helping slow down Embiid. Baynes was also crucial in the CLE series once they went to starting Thompson. Theis can't bring what Baynes did down low. I don't like Theis at C full time - he's better off at PF and spot C duty in a small ball lineup. Horford is best a PF but playing C is a necessity due to roster construction. Keeping Horford from having to bang all game long down low is important.

Brown and Smart are enough to guard the wing spot, with Tatum also hopefully taking another step forward and adding some weight this offseason.

PHI is the team we have to worry about if LeBron goes west. Baynes will be needed much more than Morris in that series. Can you imagine how easily Embiid will feast on the Morris roster? PHI lacks depth at the wing so having Morris isn't even really needed against them.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Morris
    Horford / Theis

or

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Baynes

Disagree, you've got two 4/5's playing C. The top 8 physical (strength and/or height) with offensive and/or rebounding talent is going to eat those guys up, and what's more they are going to wear down by playoff time. At the very least we need a backup C that can play 12-14 MPG to take the load off the other two.

Morris at his best is tough to replace, however, Morris with limited playing time, being a downer in the locker room and with the media is going to lead to a mid season trade and perhaps a net negative experience.

The Celtics can keep Morris and Baynes and stay below the tax.

They can let Monroe and Larkin walk.

Salary dump Yabu, Nader and #27...I'd imagine this package could get us 1 or 2 second round picks in this draft which would be ideal.

We can resign Smart - back load the contract so his cap hit year 1 is around $10M year.

Resign Baynes with a small pay increase.

Draft a SG/PG/C in the draft.

That would leave us about $3M under the tax with 3 roster spots to fill. They're the last 3 spots on the roster so we can sign our 2 second round picks for minimum money and find another minimum rookie for cheap

PG Irving (32)/Rozier (16)
    SG Brown (32)/Smart (16)
    SF Hayward (32)/ Smart (8)/ Morris (8)
    PF Tatum (32)/Morris(16)
    C Horford (30)/Baynes (9)/Theis (9)

It's not how I would go. But in response to HPF worry about the luxury tax, it doesn't mean one of Baynes and Morris has to go to get under the tax.

I don't like Morris pinching Ojeleye out of the rotation. I think Ojeleye can be just as good as Morris defensively. If he can improve his 3pt consistency he can be the exact player we all want Morris to be. A 3 and D guy with size to guard any wing spot and even the 4. But doesn't shoot as much and passes more.

Morris needs to go unfortunately. His replacement is already on the roster. His name is Semi Ojeleye.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 06-14-2018 at 06:26 AM.

City of Champions

What kind of a player is Jason Smith from the Wizards? Say this because if he is comparable to Baynes I may just have a trade idea that could work.

Smith is under contract for 1 more year at 5.4 million
    Morris and Yabusele are combined to make 8.9

If Baynes is looking at 6 million that move alone saves us 9.5 million for next year. Which can be used to sign smart

We relinquish Monroe, Larkin & Baynes.

Trade Morris & Yabusele to Washington for Jason Smith, 44th pick and a future 2nd

Irving/Rozier
    Brown/Smart
    Hayward/Ojeleye
    Tatum/Theis
    Horford/Smith

We have 27th and 44th pick

What kind of a player is Jason Smith from the Wizards? Say this because if he is comparable to Baynes I may just have a trade idea that could work.

Smith is under contract for 1 more year at 5.4 million
    Morris and Yabusele are combined to make 8.9

If Baynes is looking at 6 million that move alone saves us 9.5 million for next year. Which can be used to sign smart

We relinquish Monroe, Larkin & Baynes.

Trade Morris & Yabusele to Washington for Jason Smith, 44th pick and a future 2nd

Irving/Rozier
    Brown/Smart
    Hayward/Ojeleye
    Tatum/Theis
    Horford/Smith

We have 27th and 44th pick
    Baynes >>> Smith. Both offensively and defensively. Smith gets by with solid fundamentals and some athleticism. Baynes scores better, rebounds better, plays better defense. This would be a downgrade for sure. I'd take Baynes at $6M over Smith at $5.4 every day and twice on Sunday.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Morris at his best is tough to replace, however, Morris with limited playing time, being a downer in the locker room and with the media is going to lead to a mid season trade and perhaps a net negative experience.
    Beginning of the season yes, but why do you think he continued to be a downer in the locker room...??? He was a spark plug in the post season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Baynes >>> Smith. Both offensively and defensively. Smith gets by with solid fundamentals and some athleticism. Baynes scores better, rebounds better, plays better defense. This would be a downgrade for sure. I'd take Baynes at $6M over Smith at $5.4 every day and twice on Sunday.
    I liked Smith prior to last season... Baynes easily replaced that feeling after this season...

Baynes>>>Smith...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

The Celtics can keep Morris and Baynes and stay below the tax.

They can let Monroe and Larkin walk.

Salary dump Yabu, Nader and #27...I'd imagine this package could get us 1 or 2 second round picks in this draft which would be ideal.

There's gonna have to be some youth exits... IMO, DA drafted Yabu not so much because he loved him, but because a bunch of other teams liked him... I definitely think he has a market for a 2nd rd pick this draft...

Reggie Lewis

Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast