Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Ive read that Dallas wants to use their $50M in cap space to facilitate a trade. If were actually nervous about Kyrie leaving Id try to get them to overpay for a chance to win in Dirks final seasons. They have DSJ Jr. and the #5 pick. Could Kyrie and some of our future picks get you both of those? DSJ and Bamba would look good here. Dallas could then sign a max FA to jump back into being a good team.

Rozier / DSJ (needs to earn starting spot here)
    Brown / Smart (easy to re-sign)
    Hayward / Morris
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Bamba

Thats an amazing young core and wed have tremendous capnflexivility once Horford and Hayward expire in 2 years. Wed actually be in position to chase guys like AD and Giannis in FA.
    Much better than your LeBron idea.

This Kyrie to NY crap is getting overplayed... Because Kyrie told a teammate he wanted to play in NY 2 years ago, now he's a goner? I hate the media in 2018...There's nothing behind Kyrie leaving, Melo for Horford (last nights news), LeBron to BOS...It's all crap. Yet people fall for it hook line and sinker. Sad!

City of Champions

Ive read that Dallas wants to use their $50M in cap space to facilitate a trade. If were actually nervous about Kyrie leaving Id try to get them to overpay for a chance to win in Dirks final seasons. They have DSJ Jr. and the #5 pick. Could Kyrie and some of our future picks get you both of those? DSJ and Bamba would look good here. Dallas could then sign a max FA to jump back into being a good team.

Rozier / DSJ (needs to earn starting spot here)
    Brown / Smart (easy to re-sign)
    Hayward / Morris
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Bamba

Thats an amazing young core and wed have tremendous capnflexivility once Horford and Hayward expire in 2 years. Wed actually be in position to chase guys like AD and Giannis in FA.
    I was thinking of how to get DSJJ here a few months ago, this could work. I think we have to take back salary, maybe not such good players. I would toss in #27, and one of the sacred 3 picks to get back something better than roster fodder - a solid back-up PG for one.

We have to keep one sacred pick in case the PG situation doesn't pan out.

We still might have a crack at Carter with Rozier, 1 sacred pick, and a 2.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Golden State has everyone shook in here.

We do not need to trade anyone. Everyone is scared because of something Kyrie said when he was in CLE, should not worry anyone because that seems like a lifetime ago. Kyrie's main focus in leaving CLE was not winning rings but being the face of a franchise. He has that in Boston. If all Kyrie cared about was rings, he would have stayed in CLE, and maybe would have got a second this year.

Let's put an end to this myth that Golden State is this superteam that was put together. Golden State is a team that has utilized the draft the best in the last two decades. This idea that you have to pair up superstars together is bull. San Antonio won multiple titles and stayed competitive on a high level for nearly two decades with three drafted players Ginobilli, Parker, Duncan. They have stayed competitive with another draftee Kawhi. The Los Los Angeles Lakers built a dynasty yes with Shaq but with draftees Kobe, Fisher. They did it again in the 80's with draftees Magic, Worthy, yes they had KAJ but it was a mostly homegrown team.

This great Miami heat team that was supposed to win not one title, not two titles, not three titles, not four titles, ..... won two titles but lost to a Dallas team lead by draftee Dirk and to as I talked about before, San Antonio and was close to only having one title if not for a miracle Ray Allen shot.

When LeBron won in CLE, it was two CLE draftees himself and Kyrie that won the title.

Golden State gets so much hate but their three of this big four was draft picks.

I think I made my point that super teams are not built but made.

We don't need to make any trades. I'm excited to see Brown and Tatum in their 3rd and 2nd year respectfully. I'm excited to see Kyrie being the face of the franchise as he has always wanted, and I'm excited to see a full year of Gordon Hayward playing with his mentor Brad Stevens, a bond that took him out of a great situation in Utah and is why even considering trading him is not only doing us a disfavor on the court but is a dirty move.

Everyone needs to not panic and worry about matching fire power with GS, but rather think about building our own dynasty.
    Last edited by redsox12; 06-09-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

I love kyrie but Im not gonna lie I am intrigued by the Dallas Idea.

Dallas:
    Kyrie Irving
    Geurshon Yabusele
    Marcus Morris

Boston:
    Dennis Smith Jr
    Wesley Matthews

Resign Baynes and Smart

Rozier/Smart/Smith Jr
    Brown/Smart/Matthews
    Hayward/Matthews/Ojeleye
    Tatum/Theis/Ojeleye
    Horford/Baynes

You are gaurenteed Bamba/Jackson Jr/Bagley/Carter at 5.

Hell. With 5 Theis and Rozier/ Brown you could get #1 and grab Ayton.

I would list our priorities as

1. Extend Irving
    2. Resign Smart
    3. Move into top 10 of Draft
    4. Resign Baynes.

Off the wall idea. If Lebron Leaves and Love become available. I would love to use Smart #27 and that Sacramento pick in a 3 way deal to get Love. But Im not sure what Love and Kyries relationship was like

Irving/Rozier/ Larkin
    Hayward/Brown
    Tatum/Morris/Ojeleye
    Love/Theis
    Horford/ Baynes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    I love kyrie but Im not gonna lie I am intrigued by the Dallas Idea.

Dallas:
    Kyrie Irving
    Geurshon Yabusele
    Marcus Morris

Boston:
    Dennis Smith Jr
    Wesley Matthews

Resign Baynes and Smart

Rozier/Smart/Smith Jr
    Brown/Smart/Matthews
    Hayward/Matthews/Ojeleye
    Tatum/Theis/Ojeleye
    Horford/Baynes

You are gaurenteed Bamba/Jackson Jr/Bagley/Carter at 5.

Hell. With 5 Theis and Rozier/ Brown you could get #1 and grab Ayton.

1. Extend Irving
    2. Resign Smart
    4. Resign Baynes.

Off the wall idea. If Lebron Leaves and Love become available. I would love to use Smart #27 and that Sacramento pick in a 3 way deal to get Love. But Im not sure what Love and Kyries relationship was like

Irving/Rozier/ Larkin
    Hayward/Brown
    Tatum/Morris/Ojeleye
    Love/Theis
    Horford/ Baynes.

why the **** would Dallas trade its lottery pick from last and this year?

This Mavs talk is stupid and only applicable in fantasy land

1) It makes no sense for Dallas to trade long term assets to try and compete. They will be more uneasy than we are about Kyrie staying long term and that's not factoring the injury concern if they even want to offer a max. If you read that they're trying to use their cap in trades, it would be to take off good players from teams trying to clear cap for cheap. The rumor is they're going to go after DMC and the other bigs. I could see them trying to go for Eric Gordon or take on RyNo in an S&T with Capela. Maybe trade for Love in a 3 team deal facilitating Kemba to Charlotte. I'm not doubting Cuban and Carlisle are pushing to compete but they are definitely not looking to trade away the assets that they tanked for 2 years. Dirk isn't at the end of his prime now, he's practically a bench player. They aren't going to compete JUST for him, the dude is done. They may try to be competitive but the core of the team is #5 and DSJ.

2) Even if the Mavs were interested in trading their young talent to win now, DSJ and #5 would be a HUGEEEE overpayment for Kyrie. It would be one or the other plus fillers pieces. No way we could get both.

3) This would be a backwards move for Boston. It would be a bad message to send to Gordon and Horford especially. It's one thing to trade Kyrie if we're getting an established star whether Kawhi or Lebron, but these 2 did not sign here to play babysitter with a bunch of kids. They left their teams to compete for a title. Sure we'll still be a playoff team but this team is not a contender in this hypothetical Mavs trade next year. It made sense to cut back with IT and go young, but not with this squad that's just on the cusp. Ainge won't get cute when we're on the brink.
    Last edited by Sportfan; 06-09-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    why the **** would Dallas trade its lottery pick from last and this year?
    After that trade theyd have cap space to sign a max like Cousins or Jordan plus another $20M. So it could be a quick turnaround for them. Supposedly they want to make one more run while Dirk is around.

Lets say they did that deal then signed Cousins with a max and spot the leftover $20M between Avery Bradley and a bench player...

Kyrie
    Bradley
    Barnes
    Dirk
    Cousins

Plus that bench player they sign and then a room exception player. Could be a quick turnaround.

DSJ plus #5 is too much for Kyrie but I think its close enough that if we take on a bad Matthews deal and throw them #27 plus another future pick they could bite.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Lebron to Boston is actually easy to see with the Kyrie to NY talks. Lebron goes to CLE and says hes leaving either way but he prefers Boston and they can help themselves a lot with a S&T.

We send Kyrie, Morris, Yabu, Nader to NY. They send a package to CLE who sends us Lebron.

Heck, maybe we can get #9 from NY for ourselves and send CLE a bunch of our own 1sts. The trade #9, MEM pick and SAC pick for rights to Carter (some team has to love Sexton or Bridges).

Lebron / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward / Semi
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Carter
    Cleveland is not gifting us the 2 best players in their franchise's history for scraps. The only scenario I see Altman and Gilbert agreeing to S&T us Lebron is for Kyrie, one of our Jay's, or a 3 team involving at least a lottery pick this year as well as much of our future picks/B level prospects.

You can cite how Gilbert traded Lebron to Miami for just a couple firsts but that was different becuase Miami could have signed Lebron anyway, they just paid him a few mil more via the S&T and did it at the expense of the firsts. We can't sign Lebron for anything short of the MLE.

I don't see what the Knicks offer Cleveland that incentivizes them enough to give us Lebron. Frank? I doubt it, better PG's will be on the board at #9, i'd value Rozier more anyway. You gave Boston the #9 somehow. Cleveland will refuse to facilitate Lebron for this pathetic offer.

Lebron has to decide if he's opting in or out by June 28, if a firm deal isn't made he's going to simply opt out and explore all options than risk being prisoner of Gilbert. It becomes much harder for us to deal for him then since we have to work out a S&T which has a lot more rules and Cleveland can simply refuse to do.

Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

The Death of PSD.

I definitely think the C's taking on a Wes Matthews contract along with Kyrie and multiple picks makes it possible to get the #5 pick...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

After that trade theyd have cap space to sign a max like Cousins or Jordan plus another $20M. So it could be a quick turnaround for them. Supposedly they want to make one more run while Dirk is around.

Lets say they did that deal then signed Cousins with a max and spot the leftover $20M between Avery Bradley and a bench player...

Kyrie
    Bradley
    Barnes
    Dirk
    Cousins

Plus that bench player they sign and then a room exception player. Could be a quick turnaround.

DSJ plus #5 is too much for Kyrie but I think its close enough that if we take on a bad Matthews deal and throw them #27 plus another future pick they could bite.
    I edited my post but this team isn't building around Dirk anymore. The man is 40 years old and basically a bench player. I wouldn't be surprised to see them be active in FA and trades to build a more competitive team, but they will not trade all they tanked for the past 2 seasons for an injury prone star with 1 year on his contract. #5 and DSJ would put them in the Kawhi sweepstakes if they wanted to go there.

Also your cap numbers are off. Barnes, Wes, Kyrie, Powell, Dirk puts them at 77. They also have Barea on the hook for $4 mil but I guess that's movable, along with cap holds for Noel, McDermott, Yogi, Curry, and a few other rookies. Even if they moved Barea and renounced everyone they're still a bit short of even one max contract let alone $20 mil extra for role players.

If they sent us Wes that would definitely change things but pretty sure the deal wouldn't work without us sending back more salary so they'd have the same issue anyway. Regardless, even in a best case scenario, Kyrie/Barnes/Morris/Dirk/DMC with a scrub bench is a fringe playoff team at best and not worth sacrificing all of their youth

The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I definitely think the C's taking on a Wes Matthews contract along with Kyrie and multiple picks makes it possible to get the #5 pick...
    I doubt it, his contract isn't a big issue. He's an expiring. If they can't find a partner for him they can easily stretch him for 3 years and 6M per. That opens up $12 mil in cap space.

He's not nearly at the level of Deng/Noah/Mozgov in either contract or his play. They aren't desperate to dump him

The Death of PSD.

On a side note, good to see Korver reduce some of the value he built up this postseason. If Lebron makes it clear he's gone by the draft, I'd love to try and swing Morris and 27 for Korver.

The Death of PSD.

Dallas was rumored to be shopping the #5 pick a couple of weeks ago, so its not farfetched that they would trade that pick. I think the issue with these scenarios is DSJ. They like him...a lot...

As other posters mentioned, MAYBE they bite if youre taking Mathews back which wouldnt hamstring us too much if were going with the Hayward + Horford + youth movement. By the time Jaylen is up for a max, Wes is off the books. As someone also mentioned, youd have flexibility to grab Giannis or AD that offseason as well with Horford expiring.

Dallas likes this in the short term and possibly in the long term as well. They can put together the Kyrie, Barnes, Dirk, Cousins roster for one last Dirk run and then build around Kyrie + Cousins moving forward. I think we can part with the Memphis pick and Morris in this scenario as well. Give them a legit bench player in Morris and a potential lottery pick with that Memphis pick.

I think Kyrie + Morris + 2019 MEM for DSJ + #5 + Matthews is a good deal for both sides. Dallas gets the best player in the deal but one that comes with injury concerns and potential concerns of signing elsewhere. Boston gets two lottery players and a bad contract. We also retain the 2019 Sacramento pick where well hopefully add another lottery player. Free agents will want to play with Tatum/Brown and for Stevens. Great flexibility...

That said, Id only want to do this if we determine Kyries health isnt great moving forward or we determine that hes probably not going to sign with us in FA. Normally horses for ponies doesnt work out well for the team getting ponies...
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 06-09-2018 at 04:15 PM.

The #5 pick rumor was just smoke to see how badly teams wanted to move up, similar to what we did with the pick last year.

As you said, they're HUGE on DSJ. Probably would have taken him at 6/7 too last year. What sense does it make trading him for Kyrie?

I don't understand why we're treating Cousins to Dallas as a sure thing. Dallas would be incredibly stupid to trade the #5 pick and DSJ for Kyrie without any gurantee of another max FA coming, which can't happen until July. This would be the equivalent of us trading Rondo plus #5 for Ray Allen in 2007. Is DMC really gonna take less money to be lured by Kyrie + barnes over AD + Jrue? Is Dallas really gonna throw 2 maxes on guys with season ending knee injuries?

On top of that, to your last point of only doing this if Kyrie's health isn't great, do you seriously think dallas would not take all precautions with medicals, especially after last year's fiasco?

The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Golden State has everyone shook in here.

We do not need to trade anyone...Let's put an end to this myth that Golden State is this superteam that was put together. Golden State is a team that has utilized the draft the best in the last two decades. This idea that you have to pair up superstars together is bull.
    Hardly. The Pistons is the only team lately that won without a major star. No team gets by just with picks or just with FA's.

San Antonio won multiple titles and stayed competitive on a high level for nearly two decades with three drafted players Ginobilli, Parker, Duncan. They have stayed competitive with another draftee Kawhi.
    They got Duncan because the Franchise was hurt and they got a nice bounce. No Duncan means no Pop legend and a lot less titles.

The Los Los Angeles Lakers built a dynasty yes with Shaq but with draftees Kobe, Fisher. They did it again in the 80's with draftees Magic, Worthy, yes they had KAJ but it was a mostly homegrown team.
    Fisher? The 80's was a different era with different rules. Fisher? They had a certain ugly big too...

This great Miami heat team that was supposed to win not one title, not two titles, not three titles, not four titles, ..... won two titles but lost to a Dallas team lead by draftee Dirk and to as I talked about before, San Antonio and was close to only having one title if not for a miracle Ray Allen shot.
    Because jazzed up guys over claimed what they could do you totally gloss by the fact that they had 3 stars, like the '08 C's.

When LeBron won in CLE, it was two CLE draftees himself and Kyrie that won the title.
    What about Love? Smith?

Golden State gets so much hate but their three of this big four was draft picks.
    Yeah, the best one.

I think I made my point that super teams are not built but made.
    Not so much.

We don't need to make any trades. I'm excited to see Brown and Tatum in their 3rd and 2nd year respectfully. I'm excited to see Kyrie being the face of the franchise as he has always wanted, and I'm excited to see a full year of Gordon Hayward playing with his mentor Brad Stevens, a bond that took him out of a great situation in Utah and is why even considering trading him is not only doing us a disfavor on the court but is a dirty move.
    Dirty move? Oh please. Nobody getting paid that sort of money has any claim on that term. Seminary calling?

Everyone needs to not panic and worry about matching fire power with GS, but rather think about building our own dynasty.
    Right, and to limit DA to religiously or "morally" decent or correct moves according to you, may limit building our own team.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 06-09-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post

1. Extend Irving
    2. Resign Smart
    4. Resign Baynes.
    Resigning Smart is ahead of moving up into the top 10? Don't agree.

Resign Baynes? How about resigning someone as good or better than Baynes?

Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast