Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Ugh. I hate this offseason already.

That Sign and Trade doesnít work under the new CBA which made it much harder to create this scenario. Essentially Base Year Comp rules come into effect because both teams are over the cap. If LBJís first year salary is $35M it counts as full for the acquiring team but only half for the sending team. Essentially it canít be done. The Celtics would need to send out at minimum $28M but the Cavs can only take back $17.5M.

The only way a trade could be completed is if Bron opts in and CLE then trades him. Which LeBron isnít going to do because he wouldnít be able to sit down and meet with teams.

So letís just end this conversation now. LeBron isnít coming here
    Didnít know that new CBA rule. Reading up on BYC now and it sounds like you have to get a 20% raise for it to apply. LeBron at $35mil is not getting a 20% raise in that case, so would it still apply? From what Iím reading, it doesnít.

Regardless, lighten up man. I said it wasnít going to happen at the end of my post. Itís just something weird to think about, thatís all.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 06-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.

If we salary dump Hayward, Yabu and Morris we can make Lebron a max offer. Need to renounce Smart and Baynes as well.

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown
    Tatum / Semi
    Lebron
    Horford / Theis

Plus weíd have the room exception to add one more solid piece (thatís what we signed Baynes with this year for example).

If heíll come here thatís an absolute no brainer. Iím sure some team that wants to be good (Dallas for example) would take Hayward for free. Morris and Yabu at about $8M combined of expiring money (unless a team picks up Yabu option but thatís their choice) would be easy to move with picks attached.

I doubt it comes to fruition but it doesnít exactly take all the convoluted scenarios people pretend it does. Just a Couple reasonable salary dump deals.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If the Celtics traded Kyrie to a team with cap space like the Lakers for a pick then off of that above scenario they could sign Lebron to a max and still keep the cap holds for Smart and Baynes. So itíd be:

Lebron / Rozier
    Brown / Smart
    Tatum / Semi
    Horford
    Baynes / Theis

Then we have the room exception again.

If these opportunities present themselves the. We should pounce. I donít want to hear about a 10 year window. Injuries, players growing egos and so many other things can shut that down. All of these Lebron scenarios make us better short term and a great shot at a title. In that first scenario I posted your basically running back this years playoff roster but replacing Smart, Morris and Baynes with Kyrie, Lebron and Theis. In the second itís replacing Morris with Lebron and adding a 9th and possibly 10th guy to lower workload. Thatís a no brainer call if Lebron will sign with us.

I just donít see it though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If we salary dump Hayward, Yabu and Morris we can make Lebron a max offer. Need to renounce Smart and Baynes as well.

Kyrie / Rozier
    Brown
    Tatum / Semi
    Lebron
    Horford / Theis

Plus weíd have the room exception to add one more solid piece (thatís what we signed Baynes with this year for example).

If heíll come here thatís an absolute no brainer. Iím sure some team that wants to be good (Dallas for example) would take Hayward for free. Morris and Yabu at about $8M combined of expiring money (unless a team picks up Yabu option but thatís their choice) would be easy to move with picks attached.

I doubt it comes to fruition but it doesnít exactly take all the convoluted scenarios people pretend it does. Just a Couple reasonable salary dump deals.
    In a dream scenario I would have this

Heywayd (SF/SG)
    Lebron (SF/PF)
    Kyrie (PG/SG)
    Tatum (SF)
    Horford (PF/C)
    Smart (PG/SG)
    Roizer (G)
    Baynes (C)
    Semi (F)

But alas this is just that a dream scenario

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9ue4wm4

Spurs get: Hawyard, Jaylen, Yab & #27 pick.

Bos gets: Leonard, Pau & #18 pick

Spurs get a disgruntled player gone for youth, talent & still a 1st rnd pick.

C's get a top 5-10 player, a vet big & move up in the draft 9 spots.

Both Leonard and Hayward are coming off of injury.

Leonard > Hayward
    Brown & Yab > Pau
    #18 > #27

Irving/Rozier
    Leonard/Smart
    Tatum/Morris
    Horford/Theis
    Pau/Bynes/#18(C-PF)

If smart gets better offer, how about A. Bradley coming back? Or go after Tyreke Evans or Wil Burton.
    Last edited by esb; 06-07-2018 at 07:26 AM.

LBJ is into movies and TV, and is already setting up for his post NBA career. Boston can't help, Philly not much better besides being close to NY.

LAL is the play for him.

BTW, esb, who is the disgruntled Celt in your trade to SAS? Or did you mean the Celts get a disgruntled player?

#18 isn't that useful unless it's get packaged and moved up to #10 or better.

The critical thing is how long is Pau's deal run? Two years for a 38 and 39 year old that is a back-up for $16M per - that's a negative.

It also forces the C's to try and hang on to Smart because #2 is now very thin after KL.

We need to get more, toss Rozier and Theis into the deal and get a 3 way going where we come up with the #8-10 pick this year, and cough up #27.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Why some of you Celtics fans and especially the ones on Facebook are so obsessed with wanting the Celtics to trade Hayward so badly? Do you guys not care if no good free agents signs with Boston again if they trade Hayward? We have yet to see what he can do for this team in a full season alongside with Kyrie, I don't understand why you guys want him out of Boston so badly. If it's about salary dump then that's a stupid reason, they just got him last summer and instead of seeing what he can do next season yall are proposing dumb trades to get rid of him? Smh... Just stop it already I'm not going into the season with a lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford and who ever is at C/PF if they trade Hayward. If anything trade Brown to move up and get Mo Bamba or KAT.

Quote Originally Posted by randyisgoinsolo View Post
    Why some of you Celtics fans and especially the ones on Facebook are so obsessed with wanting the Celtics to trade Hayward so badly? Do you guys not care if no good free agents signs with Boston again if they trade Hayward? We have yet to see what he can do for this team in a full season alongside with Kyrie, I don't understand why you guys want him out of Boston so badly. If it's about salary dump then that's a stupid reason, they just got him last summer and instead of seeing what he can do next season yall are proposing dumb trades to get rid of him? Smh... Just stop it already I'm not going into the season with a lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford and who ever is at C/PF if they trade Hayward. If anything trade Brown to move up and get Mo Bamba or KAT.
    Itís not just salary dumping him. If you can clear space to sign LeBron and only give up one key piece, you do it.

No one WANTS to get rid of Hayward... the reason Hayward is included in hypothetical trades in order to acquire Lebron is because he's got the highest salary on the team, so in order to match salaries for Lebron, its got to be Hayward + a few other salaries (i.e. Morris, Rozier, Yabusele all are $3M+)

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Itís not just salary dumping him. If you can clear space to sign LeBron and only give up one key piece, you do it.
    Or just take your ECF game 7 team and add 2 top 20 players to it. That'll work for me.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    LBJ is into movies and TV, and is already setting up for his post NBA career. Boston can't help, Philly not much better besides being close to NY.

LAL is the play for him.
    Does LeBron really need LAL to setup his post-NBA career? My answer is no on this one. Heíd go to LAL since he likes the location and already has a $23mil house there. Regardless of where he goes, he would be able to do TV and movies just fine after his career ends.

I keep coming back to the Rockets. Heís been buddies with CP3 for a long time and Houston would have a pretty good shot at winning if they add LeBron and stay healthy.

I think Boston, GSW, and MIA are pretty much out of the running with LAL and Philly being possible destinations. The Colangelo release might be enticing for LeBron (more power)...

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    No one WANTS to get rid of Hayward... the reason Hayward is included in hypothetical trades in order to acquire Lebron is because he's got the highest salary on the team, so in order to match salaries for Lebron, its got to be Hayward + a few other salaries (i.e. Morris, Rozier, Yabusele all are $3M+)
    I'm talking about before the whole LeBron to Boston thing. On Facebook during the ECF most of those Celtics fans were commenting saying trade Hayward and Kyrie since they have Brown and Rozier. Even someone on here said trade Hayward for Leonard. I like the roster the way it is with the condition of adding a big/rim protector, Brown is good but I rather keep Tatum and trade brown for KAT or move up to draft Mo Bamba.

I'm talking about before the whole LeBron to Boston thing. On Facebook during the ECF most of those Celtics fans were commenting saying trade Hayward and Kyrie since they have Brown and Rozier. Even someone on here said trade Hayward for Leonard. I like the roster the way it is with the condition of adding a big/rim protector, Brown is good but I rather keep Tatum and trade brown for KAT or move up to draft Mo Bamba.
    well trading Kyrie and keeping Rozier makes some sense if you are turning Kyrie into a big man like KAT, AD or Porzingis, as you have to lose some to get some in one way or another, plus he's a lot more expensive.

Same goes for Hayward. He's a great wing for us but we also have two young stud wings that are each one fifth of the cost. Hard to complain too much about trading him if he were to net us AD, KAT, Porzingis or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    well trading Kyrie and keeping Rozier makes some sense if you are turning Kyrie into a big man like KAT, AD or Porzingis, as you have to lose some to get some in one way or another, plus he's a lot more expensive.

Same goes for Hayward. He's a great wing for us but we also have two young stud wings that are each one fifth of the cost. Hard to complain too much about trading him if he were to net us AD, KAT, Porzingis or Lebron.
    So you're ok with trading Hayward with the risk of not being able to sign other good free agents in Boston? Because that's what's going to happen if you trade him. Trading Jalen Brown makes the most sense especially if you want to move up in the draft or if KAT is available. AD or Porzingis is going to cost you at least Tatum to continue talks, I wouldn't trade a year rental of Kawhi for Hayward unless he signs an extension which I hardly doubt that since he would rather play for the Lakers.
    Last edited by randyisgoinsolo; 06-07-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Or just take your ECF game 7 team and add 2 top 20 players to it. That'll work for me.
    Iím fine with staying put. I was just saying that Hayward wouldnít simply be a salary dump for no reason.

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast