Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Its almost time to pull the plug on A-Gon

Dude's OPS is now .643.

Look I know the team is 12-2 but you can't keep this dude at 1st if he isn't hitting, regardless of his defense.

But he hit a GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also time because Nimmo can actually hit and needs a place in the everyday lineup.

Am down for moving Bruce to first specially with his foot injury.

Only because Nimmo needs a place to play, and I frankly wouldn't mind getting Bruce out of right field. He's been shaky there.

Yep its time to get Nimmo as many ABs as possible.

Bruce to 1st seems more like a when rather than an if right now.

Don't worry. He's got this.

A-Gon has honestly looked fine. Right now he has a 15% BB rate, 15% K rate, and a 30% LD rate. The results haven't been great but it's a small sample size. The key is that he's having good AB's and making solid contact.

That said, I have no problem benching him a bit to get Nimmo more at bats. But DFAing A-Gon makes no sense. At the very least he can be a pinch hitter for our bench or be a part time player. It's way to early to talk about pulling the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    A-Gon has honestly looked fine. Right now he has a 15% BB rate, 15% K rate, and a 30% LD rate. The results haven't been great but it's a small sample size. The key is that he's having good AB's and making solid contact.

That said, I have no problem benching him a bit to get Nimmo more at bats. But DFAing A-Gon makes no sense. At the very least he can be a pinch hitter for our bench or be a part time player. It's way to early to talk about pulling the plug.
    Hed be a great Pinch hitter.

Not many right handed pinch hitters in the game that would be better.

Hes got a very long history of getting it done with runners on base.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post

Fully agree with your assessment, but I do want to see more of Nimmo.

Bruce's plantar fasciitis must be worse that he's letting on. I have it and it can be excrutiating painful to bear sometimes. Consistent stretching exercises in combination with Asian massages around the ankle, calf muscles and bottom of foot are great. Many of these exercises can be found on You Tube.
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Fully agree with your assessment, but I do want to see more of Nimmo.

Bruce's plantar fasciitis must be worse that he's letting on. I have it and it can be excrutiating painful to bear sometimes. Consistent stretching exercises in combination with Asian massages around the ankle, calf muscles and bottom of foot are great. Many of these exercises can be found on You Tube.
    Not only do I want to see more of Nimmo, but Flores too.

So while I think A-Gon has looked fine, I'd have no problem with him riding the pine for one of these two.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

A-Gon is just not good. He's not good on offense. He's not good defensively anymore. He just not good.

Send him to the bench and slide Bruce over to 1st already. One of the best offensive players on the team is riding the pine needlessly and this has to stop.

And yes I want to see more of Flores as well - but he should be splitting some reps with Bruce at 1st until Bruce is completely healthy.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    A-Gon is just not good. He's not good on offense. He's not good defensively anymore. He just not good.

Send him to the bench and slide Bruce over to 1st already. One of the best offensive players on the team is riding the pine needlessly and this has to stop.

And yes I want to see more of Flores as well - but he should be splitting some reps with Bruce at 1st until Bruce is completely healthy.
    I never liked the deal to begin with. I understand they wanted a veteran presence with a solid glove but with the OF struggling, you cant carry Gonzalez, the catcher spot, and the pitcher spot with no offense (as Rosario continues to develop).

If this offense keeps struggling, I expect Dominic Smith to be the first part of any shakeup to the roster. Alonso can't come here soon enough btw. He's killing it so far in AA, .373 average with an OPS of 1.157.

The Yankees might DFA Lind again as well with Austin hitting. I still want to the Mets to bring him in if he gets released.

Alonso > Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Now he is starting to really fall apart in the plate so I agree with ya

He looks lost at the plate. Its that time.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast