Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cardinals (9-7) at Cubs (7-7) April 17-18 (April 16 game postponed)

9-7 ||...Cardinals...||...at...||...Cubs...|| 7-7

Cardinals Matchups MLB.com

Tuesday, April 17, 7:05 PM CT

TV: FSN

----
    ........Adam Wainwrightvs. Tyler Chatwood

10.2.......IP.......11.0
    0-2.......W-L.......0-2
    5.06......ERA.....4.91
    7.........K's.........11
    4........BB's........7
    6........ER........6
    1.50........WHIP........1.82

Wainwright rebounded from a rough debut to throw seven strong innings against the Brewers last time out. His next outing will be the 36-year-old's 35th career start against the rival Cubs.

Chatwood was roughed up by the Bucs in his Wrigley debut, giving up 5 runs over 5 innings. He said he pitched well but couldn't get the weak contact he wanted. He was scheduled to go Sunday vs. Atlanta, then Monday, but both games were postponed.
    Wednesday, April 18, 1:20 PM CT

TV: FSN, MLBN (out-of-network only)

----
    ........Luke Weavervs. Jon Lester

17.1.......IP.......14.1
    2-0.......W-L.......1-0
    2.08......ERA.....4.40
    17.........K's.........11
    5........BB's........7
    4........ER........7
    0.98........WHIP........1.67

The Cardinals' most consistent starter in the early going, Weaver roared out of the gate after a strong spring. Now the righty (2-0, 2.08) eyes his first career win against the rival Cubs.

Lester did not get a decision last time out, giving up four earned runs on seven hits in five innings. He was most bothered by three walks and said he needs to "clean that up." Lester was 2-1 with a 2.93 in five starts vs. St. Louis last year.

Player Updated Status Due Back Injury Notes
    Cecil, Brett 4/10 10-Day DL TBD Left shoulder strain; right foot tendinitis Placed on 10-day DL on March 31; not expected to return for at least another few weeks as of April 10 update.
    Reyes, Alex 3/31 60-day DL Possibly late May Recovering from February 2017 Tommy John surgery Has been throwing to hitters every four days for nearly three weeks as of March 15 update; transferred to 60-day DL on March 31.
    Sheriff, Ryan 4/08 10-day DL TBD Fractured right toe Placed on 10-day DL on April 8, retroactive to April 6.
    Tuivailala, Sam 4/12 10-day DL TBD Left Kee Strain Placed on 10-day DL on April 12, retroactive to April 10.
    Last edited by redbird89; 04-16-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

it's partly sunny and 35 degrees today, perfect for a night game later at Wrigley. But since the day game forecast for Wednesday is 90% chance of rain or snow, they'll be lucky to get 1 game of this series in. Both teams do have off says Thursday I see. Frankly I'd be fine with skipping the Lester start, he's tough on the Cards with a career ERA against them of just over 2 I think.

I'm tired of this winter weather crap. Good thing the season started a week early so all the delays across baseball can be rescheduled easier

yay global warming
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'm tired of this winter weather crap. Good thing the season started a week early so all the delays across baseball can be rescheduled easier
    Haha, I know.

I agree.

To be honest, this is unusual April weather.

I actually wish the season started in late March, and went 28 week into early October, and let teams get 196 days to play 162 games. With more off days in April and Sept/October scheduled due to weather and lack off expected attendance. Give teams more flexibility.

With the weather the way it is they should think about moving games to like Milwaukee, Houston, etc, etc for cold weather teams when it comes to snow. I'm not a fan of moving them indoors but if it could work then it would be an idea. Let's hope we get both of these games here.

DeJong or DeKong with yet another whiff

First 2 reach then 3 Ks = no good

2 hard hit balls there’s just not a night for it. Fortunate

Our #3 hitter is trying to bunt with 2 on nobody out then just misses a homer.

#confusedatplate

Gotta throw strikes Wainwright. Jesus.

Got out of it.

Both sides tonight is either walk or strikeout it seems like

Wainwright getting by on some luck so far. Bad throw there maybe eat that one

Self inflicted wounds.

Asking for trouble

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast