Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lounge

Lounge

Post your thoughts/comments/whatever you want here.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-17-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Hiiiiiiiii

Rules seem fine with me, except I'm wondering how will FA work? first come first serve? will we have cap?

"You canít circumvent the rules by starting a guy and yanking him after 5 minutes to subvert the rule. Starters from 60-79 must start at least 24 minutes."

Are we allowed to split the minutes to 2-3 different positions? Ie Unseld plays 15 mins at PF and 15 mins at C. The rule last draft was that they had to play 24 mins in the same position, which is unrealistic considering no one plays 1 position anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    "You canít circumvent the rules by starting a guy and yanking him after 5 minutes to subvert the rule. Starters from 60-79 must start at least 24 minutes."

Are we allowed to split the minutes to 2-3 different positions? Ie Unseld plays 15 mins at PF and 15 mins at C. The rule last draft was that they had to play 24 mins in the same position, which is unrealistic considering no one plays 1 position anymore.
    I looked at that year's game and I think it was more of a problem because of how restrictive the rules were (you needed 2 old starters and if a person played a single game in the next decade they counted as that decade) so it was a bigger problem.

Only having to start 1 player from the 60-70's should eliminate that problem since there are more than 25 starters from those eras that regularly start in these (I went back and counted).

But I will change the rule to say "One starter from 60-79 must start at least 24 minutes" so if you want to start two from that era and have one play 16 and 16 they can.

just a suggestion, but I think these things have long needed a total time skipped so that a singular person can't make everyone wait 12+ hours of game time not including the time lost when the timer isn't running. Just something like 9 hours so that if they miss the first two rounds then they are then on auto skip for the rest of the game. Also, your first 30 minutes that you get to pick wouldn't count towards the

Also, how about instead of Prime years determining what era someone is qualified for, what about they have to have spent 75% of their playing career in that perspective time era. For instance using your criteria then Marques Johnson https://www.basketball-reference.com...johnsma01.html counts as a 70's guy. Obviously he doesn't matter, but just one example of a player who could easily count as a 70's guy despite mostly playing in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    just a suggestion, but I think these things have long needed a total time skipped so that a singular person can't make everyone wait 12+ hours of game time not including the time lost when the timer isn't running. Just something like 9 hours so that if they miss the first two rounds then they are then on auto skip for the rest of the game. Also, your first 30 minutes that you get to pick wouldn't count towards the

Also, how about instead of Prime years determining what era someone is qualified for, what about they have to have spent 75% of their playing career in that perspective time era. For instance using your criteria then Marques Johnson https://www.basketball-reference.com...johnsma01.html counts as a 70's guy. Obviously he doesn't matter, but just one example of a player who could easily count as a 70's guy despite mostly playing in the 80's.
    To address your first point, I thought long and hard about that but didn't know how to craft a rule. I didn't even think about a total elapsed time, I think that's a great idea. I'll try to add that in the rules.

To your second point, I also thought about that, I'll look that over and make sure there are no outliers that could be effected.

I like that idea, but someone like Shaq played more than 5% of his prime years in the 90s, but most of his career games were in the 00s

Also, how about we institute actual rules.

I.e. this game will have the following officiating

Hand check is allowed
    Zone defense is allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post

Hand check is allowed
    Zone defense is allowed
    I'd be open to that idea, but I'm not sure which era of rules people would want to play with or if they'd all agree on a set of rules that is best.

My idea in past redrafts was that the higher seeded team gets to determine which eras rules we play by (we could designate which eras rules you can pick from), but nobody seemed to like that idea lol

With the pace and space and crazy 3 point rates, hand checking will offset it a bit and give more value to defenders of yesteryear

Hand check is allowed
    Zone defense is allowed
    Please. And no defensive 3 seconds in the key.

That will finally make write ups meaningful and not just 3-4 people posting essays with numbers on them

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Please. And no defensive 3 seconds in the key.

That will finally make write ups meaningful and not just 3-4 people posting essays with numbers on them
    No def 3 sec is crazy.

No def 3 sec is crazy.
    the 60s and the 70s were crazy times

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I looked at that year's game and I think it was more of a problem because of how restrictive the rules were (you needed 2 old starters and if a person played a single game in the next decade they counted as that decade) so it was a bigger problem.

Only having to start 1 player from the 60-70's should eliminate that problem since there are more than 25 starters from those eras that regularly start in these (I went back and counted).

But I will change the rule to say "One starter from 60-79 must start at least 24 minutes" so if you want to start two from that era and have one play 16 and 16 they can.
    The biggest problem I had was that Ebbs said you needed to play your starter at least 24 minutes in that 1 position. The concern (a fair one) was that someone might start a guy for 1 minute at SF then "hide" him for 23 minutes as backup SG but that rule was only clarified AFTER the draft started.

Wasn't thrilled given that I drafted Melo and wanted to play a good chuck of his minutes as PF even though he was my starting SF (pretty sure Melo has probably played 50% of his minutes at PF and 50% SF in most of these games).

I suggest a guy has to play 28 minutes but he needs to play a certain % of his minutes at the position he starts in. Ie he needs to play 28 minutes and but a minimum of 18 mins at the position he starts in.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast