Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    You all are confusing. Just because Kendricks was extended doesn't mean Barr is gone.
    True, it is possible but it seems unlikely imo. Waynes and Diggs are more important and CB can be hard to find replacements. I feel losing Barr would be less impactful, I mean hell he has played at average to below average the last several years and our team defense has still performed. Hunter could be interesting given the sack numbers were not there this year as we all expected.

Kendricks cap hit is very reasonable the next few years. Unless somebody really wants to hit the open market we should have the money to bring back everybody.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

You all are confusing. Just because Kendricks was extended doesn't mean Barr is gone.
    I canít see us paying 2 linebackers 10+ million annually but you never know. I just donít think Barr is worth anywhere near that kind if money. If we could use Barr and a pick or 2 to move up for McGlinchey or one of the top offensive lineman in this draft Iíd do it in a second. We could easily find a linebacker in the middle rounds to replace what Barr does on defense, cus it isnít that much.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Kendricks cap hit is very reasonable the next few years. Unless somebody really wants to hit the open market we should have the money to bring back everybody.
    I haven't seen the cap numbers yet. Can you post what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    True, it is possible but it seems unlikely imo. Waynes and Diggs are more important and CB can be hard to find replacements. I feel losing Barr would be less impactful, I mean hell he has played at average to below average the last several years and our team defense has still performed. Hunter could be interesting given the sack numbers were not there this year as we all expected.
    I understand where you're coming from. I think Waynes can be replaced though. Since the Vikings seem very interested in Price, I could see them using their 2nd round on him. Leaving pick 30 for a guy like Josh Jackson. I don't know. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rob Brzez whatever is a genius. He will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I canít see us paying 2 linebackers 10+ million annually but you never know. I just donít think Barr is worth anywhere near that kind if money. If we could use Barr and a pick or 2 to move up for McGlinchey or one of the top offensive lineman in this draft Iíd do it in a second. We could easily find a linebacker in the middle rounds to replace what Barr does on defense, cus it isnít that much.
    That's crazy imo to use Barr as trade bait. They better be going up to at least 5 for Nelson. I love McGlinchey and I would love to land him, but Trading Barr and picks for him is pure nonsense.
    Take your pants off

I understand where you're coming from. I think Waynes can be replaced though. Since the Vikings seem very interested in Price, I could see them using their 2nd round on him. Leaving pick 30 for a guy like Josh Jackson. I don't know. Just a thought.

Rob Brzez whatever is a genius. He will figure it out.

That's crazy imo to use Barr as trade bait. They better be going up to at least 5 for Nelson. I love McGlinchey and I would love to land him, but Trading Barr and picks for him is pure nonsense.
    I think youíre overrating Barr. Heís not that good.

I think youíre overrating Barr. Heís not that good.
    When he shows up, he's great. The problem is that he disappears for large chunks of the season. Not sure if it's his fault or if he's not being used right. Seems like he would be better as a 3-4 OLB where he can focus on rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    When he shows up, he's great. The problem is that he disappears for large chunks of the season. Not sure if it's his fault or if he's not being used right. Seems like he would be better as a 3-4 OLB where he can focus on rushing.
    Heíd be a good 3-4 OLB if he had any pass rush moves, but he doesnít. He also would not be able to hold the edge at the point of attack and plug the run, which is essential for a 3-4 OLB. All of Barrís pressures/sacks (which arenít many at all) are created by Zimmerís double A gap scheme. He gets to the QB untouched. I think heíd flame out HARD as an every down OLB.

He has great speed and some cover ability. Thatís about it IMO.

Heíd be a good 3-4 OLB if he had any pass rush moves, but he doesnít. He also would not be able to hold the edge at the point of attack and plug the run, which is essential for a 3-4 OLB. All of Barrís pressures/sacks (which arenít many at all) are created by Zimmerís double A gap scheme. He gets to the QB untouched. I think heíd flame out HARD as an every down OLB.

He has great speed and some cover ability. Thatís about it IMO.
    Yeah I guess he doesn't have a ton of pass rushing moves, but then again, he's only played defense for a few years. He does have the size and speed for the position though.

Yeah I guess he doesn't have a ton of pass rushing moves, but then again, he's only played defense for a few years. He does have the size and speed for the position though.
    Nobody is questioning his size and speed. He looks the part. But at this point in his career he should have shown WAY more. I see a lot of people saying we use Barr the wrong way, and I couldnít disagree more. I think weíre using him the only way we can without exposing him. Zimmer is one of the brightest defensive minds this game has ever seen, do you really think we would purposely not use him rushing off the edge if he was good at it? Heís a liabilty as a 3-4 OLB because he canít beat tackles 1 on 1 and he would get washed out in the run game. He is not strong or physical enough to hold his ground in the trenches.

Barr is not good at taking on defenders, shedding them, and making a play on the ball. Heís much better in open space. So what we do with him is we have him cover running backs. Sometimes heíll try to cover a tight end but gets beat a lot when we ask him to do that. And when we want to rush him we try to confuse the o-line with that double A gap pressure look and blitz him up the middle, hoping the line screws up a protection. When that happens, he has great closing speed and impacts the play for sure. He has some value for us, but not nearly worth the amount we just gave Kendricks (who is a shoe-in for 100 tackles per year with a bunch of pass breakups and an INT or 2). Iíd like to see us try to trade him, especially if it can land us a dominant offensive lineman in the draft.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 04-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Nobody is questioning his size and speed. He looks the part. But at this point in his career he should have shown WAY more. I see a lot of people saying we use Barr the wrong way, and I couldnít disagree more. I think weíre using him the only way we can without exposing him. Zimmer is one of the brightest defensive minds this game has ever seen, do you really think we would purposely not use him rushing off the edge if he was good at it? Heís a liabilty as a 3-4 OLB because he canít beat tackles 1 on 1 and he would get washed out in the run game. He is not strong or physical enough to hold his ground in the trenches.

Barr is not good at taking on defenders, shedding them, and making a play on the ball. Heís much better in open space. So what we do with him is we have him cover running backs. Sometimes heíll try to cover a tight end but gets beat a lot when we ask him to do that. And when we want to rush him we try to confuse the o-line with that double A gap pressure look and blitz him up the middle, hoping the line screws up a protection. When that happens, he has great closing speed and impacts the play for sure. He has some value for us, but not nearly worth the amount we just gave Kendricks (who is a shoe-in for 100 tackles per year with a bunch of pass breakups and an INT or 2). Iíd like to see us try to trade him, especially if it can land us a dominant offensive lineman in the draft.
    I definitely don't think he's worth Kendricks money, but I think you might be underselling him a bit. He's shown that he can be good at the position. The problem is he disappears for long stretches of time.

I definitely don't think he's worth Kendricks money, but I think you might be underselling him a bit. He's shown that he can be good at the position. The problem is he disappears for long stretches of time.
    I don't think he really disappears from games. Hes always in coverage, snuffing out RBs and TEs so he doesn't get the ball thrown his way a lot. I feel like most people are undervaluing him because he had a really bad last game this past year. But on the whole, Kendricks and Barr work really well together setting up the Defense for success.

I could see him getting a contract of about 7 mil a year from us, since there are only like 15 LBs in the whole league getting 10+ mil.

In order of importance for resigning players though, I think it should go like this:

1. Diggs
    2. Hunter
    3. Barr
    4. Waynes
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

At this point Barr is who he is and to me that is an average to above average player who plays great at time but also plays very poor. I got no problem keeping Barr as long as it is at a lower price than Kendricks. I mean if we talk $6 - $7 million then I say go for it otherwise you have to move on. If that means exploring what we could possibly get in a trade then you explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    At this point Barr is who he is and to me that is an average to above average player who plays great at time but also plays very poor. I got no problem keeping Barr as long as it is at a lower price than Kendricks. I mean if we talk $6 - $7 million then I say go for it otherwise you have to move on. If that means exploring what we could possibly get in a trade then you explore that.
    This is nice. I feel like people are much more cordial when discussing which LB they like, as opposed to which QB they want starting haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I don't think he really disappears from games. Hes always in coverage, snuffing out RBs and TEs so he doesn't get the ball thrown his way a lot. I feel like most people are undervaluing him because he had a really bad last game this past year. But on the whole, Kendricks and Barr work really well together setting up the Defense for success.

I could see him getting a contract of about 7 mil a year from us, since there are only like 15 LBs in the whole league getting 10+ mil.

In order of importance for resigning players though, I think it should go like this:

1. Diggs
    2. Hunter
    3. Barr
    4. Waynes

That's a tough list for me, not really sure how I feel. I think I'd go:

1. Hunter - Absolute beast and his price will go up the longer we wait. Also, Robison will be retiring soon and Everson turns 31 this season.

2. Diggs - Great receiver but missed some time with injuries. Will be super expensive, so I think this may be the one that doesn't happen.

3. Waynes - I'm not a huge fan but he's gotten better and Zimmer takes a few years to develop CBs, so we'd be starting from square one with a replacement.

4. Barr - I think we get something done with Barr but he's not worth 10/year, so we'll see if he's willing to take less than Kendricks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast