Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How could we get into the top 5 of this draft?

I think we have the pieces. I personally think it would be extremely smart to at least explore. I'd ever go out on a limb and say if over pay to do it.

Thoughts?

Package ideas?

Is there still a slight chance for the lakers pick to land 2/3 in the lotto?

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Is there still a slight chance for the lakers pick to land 2/3 in the lotto?
    2.something %

4% chance to land in the top 3 but obviously we donít want the 1.1% chance of landing #1.

I donít think any teams in the top 5 would be interested to be honest. Most would want either Tatum or Brown (not going to happen). Rozier + picks or players likely doesnít get it done either. Most of those teams will take their shot at landing a transcendent player in the top 5 rather than trading for Rozier (nice player but not someone you build around) and hoping other picks pan out.

I wonder if Rozier plus a littlw would get us into the top 7 so we could grab one of those bigs.

Rozier
    Our 2018 pick
    SAC pick

Woukd that be an over pay??

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    I wonder if Rozier plus a littlw would get us into the top 7 so we could grab one of those bigs.

Rozier
    Our 2018 pick
    SAC pick

Woukd that be an over pay??
    I highly doubt it's enough. The only team I could see considering it would be SAC because they're already stacked with young guys and getting their pick back may be enticing.

City of Champions

Rozier's value has jumped lately (right now looks like the 5th best player in the '15 draft). If we could sign him to a reasonable long term deal he'd be worth more in a deal.

If we assume SAC is a target, Rozier would look good on that roster.

Rozier, SAC choice of one our 1sts, '19 Celt #1 (bottom 15 protected), and we take back a meh contract to make deal work. Don't forget, Rozier is unlikely to be here long. I'd deal something else to do this one - but not our two best picks.

Brown is another guy that could get us into the good picks, and cost less draft capital.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Rozier's value has jumped lately (right now looks like the 5th best player in the '15 draft). If we could sign him to a reasonable long term deal he'd be worth more in a deal.

Rozier, SAC choice of one our 1sts, '19 Celt #1 (bottom 15 protected), and we take back a meh contract to make deal work. Don't forget, Rozier is unlikely to be here long. I'd deal something else to do this one - but not our two best picks.

Brown is another guy that could get us into the good picks, and cost less draft capital.
    I think Rozier has to be a keeper... Kyrie is most likely opting out after next season... The Kyrie, Horford and Hayward tour ends after 18'/19' when Kyrie opts out... IMO, Horford stays because of that 30mil payday at the ripe age of 32...

I can't find a PG past the 16th spot that I'd rather have in the mix than Rozier... I went back a few years and the 09' draft had a good group of PG's with Holiday, Teague and Collison... I think I said last season would be Rozier's breakout season, but it's obviously this season... IMO, he's still got plenty of room to grow... Either S&T Smart or let him walk... The back-up PG position is filled with Terry...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I think Rozier has to be a keeper... Kyrie is most likely opting out after next season... The Kyrie, Horford and Hayward tour ends after 18'/19' when Kyrie opts out... IMO, Horford stays because of that 30mil payday at the ripe age of 32...

I can't find a PG past the 16th spot that I'd rather have in the mix than Rozier... I went back a few years and the 09' draft had a good group of PG's with Holiday, Teague and Collison... I think I said last season would be Rozier's breakout season, but it's obviously this season... IMO, he's still got plenty of room to grow... Either S&T Smart or let him walk... The back-up PG position is filled with Terry...
    I donít think the Celtics wouldíve traded the Brooklyn pick if they werenít planning on keeping Kyrie here long term. The only way I see him leaving is if they know the knee is a serious issue moving forward. Otherwise, Kyrie is going to opt out and get a new max deal in 2019 with the Celtics. Iím more than okay with this, as Kyrie is a true superstar in this league.

Iím not the best with cap rules, but would the Celtics retain Kyrieís Bird Rights even if he opts out of his player option? If thatís the case, it becomes even easier to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    I donít think the Celtics wouldíve traded the Brooklyn pick if they werenít planning on keeping Kyrie here long term. The only way I see him leaving is if they know the knee is a serious issue moving forward. Otherwise, Kyrie is going to opt out and get a new max deal in 2019 with the Celtics. Iím more than okay with this, as Kyrie is a true superstar in this league.

Iím not the best with cap rules, but would the Celtics retain Kyrieís Bird Rights even if he opts out of his player option? If thatís the case, it becomes even easier to resign him.
    That's where I was coming from... IMO, I think the BK pick was more intriguing for the Cavs rather than the C's because prior to Hayward going down, the C's chances of making the finals was sky high with the C's new Big 3...

If the BK pick lands out of the top 5, who cares if Kyrie was a two year rental...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

i like the idea allot. But ive said this on another site. Before i trade Roziey if im Danny. I offer Kyrie a contract THIS summer. If he takes it then great and Razier can be shoppeed if he doesnt. Id trade kyrie first.

Rozier shouldn't be that hard to keep long term. He's an RFA. He's not a Super Star and never will be. Nobody is going to offer him that $18-25M an elite player would get. He's likely in the $11-15M neck of the woods. With the cap predicted to jump $7-8M in his Free Agency year...We can likely pay him.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Rozier shouldn't be that hard to keep long term. He's an RFA. He's not a Super Star and never will be. Nobody is going to offer him that $18-25M an elite player would get. He's likely in the $11-15M neck of the woods. With the cap predicted to jump $7-8M in his Free Agency year...We can likely pay him.
    Being buried behind 26 y/o Irving (6th/7th man on the C's) at 11M is unlikely IMO. I imagine he'll want ~30 MPG at about 15-18M ... as crazy as the latter sounds.

Lesser franchises chasing super teams and overpaying mid-tier players is driving the economics of the NBA. Plus, teams looking to acquire/sign that potential star early is another trend in the league.

Unless they scale back Irving's minutes, I just don't see how staying here makes career sense. Naturally, when you get a taste of a bigger role it's difficult to go backwards -- especially at 23.

I predict...:

1)The C's plan on taking a PG in either the 18' draft (options may not be good)or 19' draft (good chance at finding a top PG with the Sac pick)...
    2) Kyrie opts out after next season. The C's know he plans on opting out and they will not offer him a max deal...
    3) Rozier gets a very good deal from the C's...
    4) Rozier gets to be the C's starting PG, while the rookie lies in wait for his opportunity like Rozier did...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I predict...:

1)The C's plan on taking a PG in either the 18' draft (options may not be good)or 19' draft (good chance at finding a top PG with the Sac pick)...
    2) Kyrie opts out after next season. The C's know he plans on opting out and they will not offer him a max deal...
    3) Rozier gets a very good deal from the C's...
    4) Rozier gets to be the C's starting PG, while the rookie lies in wait for his opportunity like Rozier did...
    I don't see DA letting Irving walk for nothing. And signing Rozier now is complex because the cap, in all likelihood, may decrease next season.

Like 2017, all of the short play-off series may require the NBA to send money back to the networks. Which tightens things up for teams like the C's, but not necessarily the bottom feeders with money to spend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast