Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My BOLD prediction for this year (try an argue)

Calling it now...

Lions vs Patriots in the Super Bowl... for several reasons:

1) A black door deal is struck & the Lions will lose our traditional thanksgiving game in exchange for Super Bowl/s.
    2) Patricia vs his mentor
    3) Iím predicting this will be Bradys last year and will announce so mid year.
    4) Lions will face the patriots on our final thanksgiving day and barely lose on a fluke call/play with the whole nation agreeing we got robbed, thus setting up a somewhat revenge game in the Super Bowl. OR we dominate the game with the game announcers consistently saying the Stafford is Brady2.0 and playing at an MVP level. Patricia out coaches his mentor thus both passing the proverbial batons to the lions.
    5) Blount has a pro bowl year and becomes the first player in NFL History to win back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls, winning against the team that let him go two years prior. Blount scores the game winning touchdown on a 2 yard screen passs from Stafford.

Am I the only one seeing this?!?!
    Jump in and swim in the kool aid!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

NFL's not gonna send off Brady in a game vs the Lions.

If Brady's gonna go out with another ring, its gonna be in an epic fashion against an undefeated LA Rams team or something like that.

The only people that actually want to watch the Lions on TV are Lions fans. No one else cares.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post

If Brady's gonna go out with another ring, its gonna be in an epic fashion against an undefeated LA Rams team or something like that.

The only people that actually want to watch the Lions on TV are Lions fans. No one else cares.
    completely false

I disagree, I think all the years of the lions being screwed on national tv has finally caught up with the NFL and its fan base. People want to see us win, people want a blue collar, every mans team wins it. Itís built up an ďultimate underdogĒ story. Think about it... everyone is SICK of the patriots winning (except pats fans). What better way to end the pats dynasty than by losing back to back super bowls AND losing to the Lions no less. THATíS the final nail in the pats coffin. When the pats won and started their dynasty they clearly were THEE underdog going against what seemed to be an unstoppable greatest show on turf. Now the pats have b come the machine and its up to us to end them.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

I think its way more likely that LA wins. 2 new teams there. LA likes winners. Think of the Gretzky deal. It was all about expansion. Gretzky moves to LA and they suddenly became relevant. The NHL's popularity in America exploded.

If the Rams won, they'd do it with a whole cast of marketable characters. Huge audience. So much to gain if they won.

If the Lions won, we have no one that advertisers are interested in. People are dumb enough to still go to Lions games, so its not like the Fords need a huge attendance boost, and we aren't in a new market either.

America likes to ignore reality. Thinking about shiny LA and they're new team is way more enjoyable than thinking about decades of losers in crappy Detroit. (I love Detroit, but the way...but the public perception is that it is a depressing pile of crime and failure).

I think its way more likely that LA wins. 2 new teams there. LA likes winners. Think of the Gretzky deal. It was all about expansion. Gretzky moves to LA and they suddenly became relevant. The NHL's popularity in America exploded.

If the Rams won, they'd do it with a whole cast of marketable characters. Huge audience. So much to gain if they won.

If the Lions won, we have no one that advertisers are interested in. People are dumb enough to still go to Lions games, so its not like the Fords need a huge attendance boost, and we aren't in a new market either.

America likes to ignore reality. Thinking about shiny LA and they're new team is way more enjoyable than thinking about decades of losers in crappy Detroit. (I love Detroit, but the way...but the public perception is that it is a depressing pile of crime and failure).
    I disagree. I think people would rather see Cleveland or Detroit win a SB then LA. People will want to see the Rams fail this year like when Philadelphia got all the stars and called themselves the dream team. No body wanted to see Philly win that year. A lot of people hate Suh and won't want him to win a SB. People get annoyed with Peters and Talib as well. Also your signature is incorrect Stafford is quite marketable. People talk about him every time Kershaw pitches in a baseball game. Name another QB that gets mentioned during baseball games?
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

exactly. the team i'd most like to see win the Superbowl is the Browns (other than the Lions)

Most fans know Detroit has never won a Superbowl, always root for the underdog

I don't think Whooligun understands that the city of Detroit might burn down if we win a Superbowl

Please pass the drugs.

You guys are ****ed.

*deleted*

(misread quote)
    Last edited by GuySir; 04-16-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Speaking of ****ed...where the hell is he?

The Detroit Lions are loveable losers... We're like the Cubs of the NFL. A team that used to be good when your grandpa watched sports.

Definitely a feel good story if we magically lucked up and actually won a Superbowl.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Speaking of ****ed...where the hell is he?
    vacation with RB20

vacation with RB20
    Chillin with faded Mario
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

Read the comments and tell me again how excited people would be to watch the Lions in the Super Bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ight-football/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast