Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Philly’s first real winning was this year and this year is Simmons “Rookie” year. Season started with Embiid first winning season and he lead them to the 7-9 spot. Barely in or out. When Embiid went down Simmons took them beyond a “trust the process” team.

    Simmons will fill the stat sheet in round 1. Miami has no answer for him.
    Nah, Simmons was stinking up the joint in the games/minutes Embiid wasn't out there for the first part of the season. Like i already mentioned, one carried them early, the other late and throughout it all, embiid remains the superior talent, difference maker and producer. Ben is good too tho

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,391
    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Ben Simmons was this good at LSU, he is just stronger / older now, still plays the same as I have stated on here about players and also said this when they had in other threads who had the best young core and I said Simmons / Embiid and its not close because they are young superstars of the game right now but couldn't put it on display due to injuries, health was the only thing from it coming to full fruition

    so all that talk you just spoke of could have been said rather shortly, 'Ben Simmons has been this good since NCAA, and based on past players of his mold they usually are that good / dominant coming out of college and some HS', not accomplished players like Laettner and Tebows of the world, but those players you watch over and over and try to find something to nitpick over but you are left with saying that player just sticks out like other legends prior
    Ben Simmons disagrees with you. How often does that have to happen for you to change your stance on this ridiculous theory of yours.

    Ben says he would've whooped his year younger version of himself in every facetof the game

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    No just the ridiculous statements you fans have made but Simmons is a stud. Likely the next guard to average a triple double. Now if he gets a jump shot that will be nuts
    See right there this is exactly what I’m talking about (nothing against your post tpBaby just making a point here)

    See, for instance the hype/narrative etc of Westbrook averaging a triple double. “ oh my god, never in my lifetime, and now Westbrook has done it TWICE!! Just there are no words” etc etc

    Ok. Westbrook is a nice player. Although obviously averaging a triple double is way easier now, in that any pass in the backcourt, even a lateral pass 28 feet from the basket, can be an “assist” because of all the threes (see also: Lonzo Ball assist stats). On a side note here, assists should maybe only be counted as assists now if the pass is to a situation where there is greater than 75% chance of scoring ( and would count as assist regardless of fouling)

    Because for instance if our guards and wings are shooting 35% from three, but I pass it to them outside the arc 30 times, ok then they make ten 3s and now I got 11 assists and a triple double. The 3 dynamic also opens up the midrange quite a lot too. Whoever handles the ball will get assists, especially if they hold/pound the ball then frequently dish off at the end

    But again the point. Bam. Ben Simmons made the Sixers top contenders from last place overnight, as a rookie, yeah and Embiid seems to make no difference really, there I will say it.

    So again there is a huge differnce between averaging 10/10/10 or being the most respected etc etc and what we see from Simmons, which is TRANSFORM his team and the layout of the league as a rookie, without even totally pressing the accelerator yet I might add, that is the definition of transformative. Shaq transformed the league put Orlando in the finals. Lebron transformed the league put cleveland in the finals. Ooops Ben Simmons rookie comes along, now Philly is the favorite to win the Eastern playoffs. What is that? That is the sign. That is the mark of the next mount rushmore illuminaughty NBA chosen one. there is levels to this people

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,190
    Yeah, he’ll probably never lose in the NBA playoffs lmao

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    93,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Philly’s first real winning was this year and this year is Simmons “Rookie” year. Season started with Embiid first winning season and he lead them to the 7-9 spot. Barely in or out. When Embiid went down Simmons took them beyond a “trust the process” team.

    Simmons will fill the stat sheet in round 1. Miami has no answer for him.
    until the last 10 games without embiid the record without embiid was putrid... We played the toughest sch in basketball with embiid when embiid carried... when embiid went down we have a cake walk... just stop. Simmons has insane talent but embiid has no weaknesses in his game unlike simmons.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,190
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    until the last 10 games without embiid the record without embiid was putrid... We played the toughest sch in basketball with embiid when embiid carried... when embiid went down we have a cake walk... just stop. Simmons has insane talent but embiid has no weaknesses in his game unlike simmons.
    Your boy sssmush says Embid makes no difference either. Are these people for real?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    93,239
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Your boy sssmush says Embid makes no difference either. Are these people for real?
    lol

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Ben Simmons just got the Smush curse. It's over for him.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Kobe would have never treated Simmons as he did Smush, Simmons has plenty of game that Kobe would have respected and would have spoken to him numerous times during games / practices / off days, he wouldn't even give Smush the convo respect, not saying its right or wrong but its disrespectful to Smush that your peer view you not even worth a convo, Simmons this season alone trumps Smush entire career pretty much

    wait, if you are talking about someone on here name Smush then nevermind my reply
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 04-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    See right there this is exactly what I’m talking about (nothing against your post tpBaby just making a point here)

    See, for instance the hype/narrative etc of Westbrook averaging a triple double. “ oh my god, never in my lifetime, and now Westbrook has done it TWICE!! Just there are no words” etc etc

    Ok. Westbrook is a nice player. Although obviously averaging a triple double is way easier now, in that any pass in the backcourt, even a lateral pass 28 feet from the basket, can be an “assist” because of all the threes (see also: Lonzo Ball assist stats). On a side note here, assists should maybe only be counted as assists now if the pass is to a situation where there is greater than 75% chance of scoring ( and would count as assist regardless of fouling)

    Because for instance if our guards and wings are shooting 35% from three, but I pass it to them outside the arc 30 times, ok then they make ten 3s and now I got 11 assists and a triple double. The 3 dynamic also opens up the midrange quite a lot too. Whoever handles the ball will get assists, especially if they hold/pound the ball then frequently dish off at the end

    But again the point. Bam. Ben Simmons made the Sixers top contenders from last place overnight, as a rookie, yeah and Embiid seems to make no difference really, there I will say it.

    So again there is a huge differnce between averaging 10/10/10 or being the most respected etc etc and what we see from Simmons, which is TRANSFORM his team and the layout of the league as a rookie, without even totally pressing the accelerator yet I might add, that is the definition of transformative. Shaq transformed the league put Orlando in the finals. Lebron transformed the league put cleveland in the finals. Ooops Ben Simmons rookie comes along, now Philly is the favorite to win the Eastern playoffs. What is that? That is the sign. That is the mark of the next mount rushmore illuminaughty NBA chosen one. there is levels to this people
    Don't forget AI transformed the league(still stands right now) and had Philly in the Finals as well by year 5, not as fast as Bron / Shaq but that's pretty impressive seeing the support cast from each player

    Simmons is legit, young superstar, no different than others in the past or right now like Davis / Cousins etc., who are just more proven young superstars but were once in Simmons position, that's easy to see, but for others on here its a mystery, put down the metrics and watch some games so it can hit you right in the face like a ton of bricks, the alphabet gang needs to rest for a while and let the games decide who is who and what is what

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    55,101
    Ben Simmon was always the real thing. He's taken such a big step though. Didn't think he would be at this level until like his 2nd year in the league (though I guess this is technically his 2nd season under NBA contract).

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,893
    You think he’s impressive now? Just imagine how good he’d be if he wasn’t a bust for not getting LSU to the NCAA tournament. Or if he wasn’t drafted into the Sixers’ shameful irreversible losing culture.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    588
    Respect respect, but don't say Embid isn't a difference maker, Embid and Simmons sre both transcending talents. I'm just glad they are both on my team, and then you add in Fultz and it's like wow

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    35,912
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Ben Simmons just got the Smush curse. It's over for him.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


    I was like Smuuuussshh hahaha

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Don't forget AI transformed the league(still stands right now) and had Philly in the Finals as well by year 5, not as fast as Bron / Shaq but that's pretty impressive seeing the support cast from each player

    Simmons is legit, young superstar, no different than others in the past or right now like Davis / Cousins etc., who are just more proven young superstars but were once in Simmons position, that's easy to see, but for others on here its a mystery, put down the metrics and watch some games so it can hit you right in the face like a ton of bricks, the alphabet gang needs to rest for a while and let the games decide who is who and what is what
    well I agree with a lot of what you say, however again I am specifically making the point that Ben Simmons is on a totally different level than all these flavor of the month "transformative superstars" or "best [whatever] in the league" or "best [whatever]" or "[whatever] that we have been waiting for".

    So yeah SPECIFICALLY I am saying he is not an AD, not a KAT, not a Cousins, not a Wiggins, also not a Harden, not a CP3, not a Westbrook, not a Paul George, not an Oladipo, not an Aldridge, not a Lillard, not a Kevin Love, not a Carmelo, not a Durant, etc etc etc

    Although those guys are great, and hf Durant is a legit hall of famer, but again here is Simmons the guy who lands on the worst team in the league as a rookie and now has them on course for the NBA Finals and who knows maybe a rookie championship MVP especially if they face the Rockets

    So I am specifically saying that is the one undeniable thing you almost never see, the guy who is so truly transformative that the the hype or the "narrative" lags behind and doesn't even know how to frame it. Like LoL people are scurrying around at ESPN right now like "what is the narrative? what is the narrative?" He's so quiet he's like a giant shark swimming around and he never talks and his game is so advanced it is virtually opaque even the announcers are just like "oh yes, there he made a nice pass did you see that?" But trust me as this moves along through the playoffs and especially if Lebron gets stuck playing against this guy it will become more and more obvious

    basically let's see Boston or Toronto go out there and try to beat this guy in the playoffs Embiid or no Embiid and then you'll see what I'm talking about this is no joke

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,075
    LoL just think about it, CP3 how is breathlessly mentioned as the greatest point guard etc etc has never been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ok then *oops* if Simmons goes to the Finals or wins a championship, I mean he is already in a different "room" or discussion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •