Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ben Simmons = the Real Thing

Ok, leaving the previous discussion aside, Ben Simmons bears the single unifying hallmark of being a truly great truly transformational player. Ben Simmons has the unmistakable sign of a player that is TRULY a once-in-a-whatever real deal true NBA super-duper-star

And I mean since Shaq we've had Lebron, and Kobe who was always kind of a 1A type guy in a certain way... I mean that's another discussion but as transcendent as Kobe was and flawless competitor and perfect career for the most part, there were maybe enough holes in Kobe's game (inconsistent shooting sometimes, shot selection from outside sometimes, etc) and also the Shaq-Phil-Pau thing to where you could maybe say Kobe was not a mount Rushmore player but more like a 1A -- better than a Larry Bird, better than a Hakeem, but not a Jordan or a Magic let's say

So outside of Lebron then the past few years we have this plethora of "superstars" : the Chris Pauls and Westbrooks and Hardens etc of the world, the Durants, the Kawahis, etc, and of course there is a new crew of KATs and ADs coming along, each one more superlative than the last and the writers just run out of adjectives to describe how great these guys are. But in reality all those guys are like potential 1Bs for the most part -- hall of famers if they keep it together and keep their game tight. The one exception to that is Steph Curry who has at the height of his career defied all expectations and revolutionized the game, winning two MVPs and two championships along the way and still going strong, so who knows he's not done

However, like I was saying, BEN SIMMONS bears the one single unmistakeable no bull**** true characteristic of the real 1++ Mount Rushmore guy, which is that he comes in as a rookie and brings his team from worst in the league to not just the playoffs but a high seed and threatening to win a championship. Like for every ten or twenty Carmelo Anthonys there is one guy like a Ben Simmons, like a Lebron, who wherever he lands on the worst team in the league that team instantly becomes a real (top) contender his rookie season

Keep in mind that Ben Simmons still has never lost in the NBA playoffs before. For all we know, Ben Simmons may just be that guy who NEVER loses in the NBA playoffs. He may be the guy who wins the championship every season from here on out and wins more rings than anyone. We don't know. We don't know how deep that well goes, we don't know what will happen when another team tries to BEAT Ben Simmons in the NBA playoffs. Maybe for all we know Ben Simmons just gets better and better and finds another and another super power and just beats everybody from here on out. We don't know

Ben Simmons just might be that guy who, say in game 7 of the NBA Finals against Golden State, they are missing Embiid and Saric and so they start Simmons at center and he scores 42 points along with 25 rebounds and they win the NBA championship. Who knows. All I know is that there is a lot of talk about who is this and who is that, who got these shoes or those shoes, or who is sprite or mountain dew or whatever. But when is the last time a player came along and just transforms a nothing team into a serious contender his rookie year, and you are only talking about Lebron, Shaq, Magic etc. In other words the real thing

we could have a prime lebron and prime dream : )

And here is a great way to get people to hate someone... Is this Lamar Simmons writing this?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    And here is a great way to get people to hate someone... Is this Lamar Simmons writing this?
    you already hate us and him... just witness and enjoy and accept the greatness and move on : )

tl,dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He’s a lock to be elite, he maybe already kinda is

That philly hate gonna come quick as hell. We got at least one postseason run of love out here in GS

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you already hate us and him... just witness and enjoy and accept the greatness and move on : )
    No just the ridiculous statements you fans have made but Simmons is a stud. Likely the next guard to average a triple double. Now if he gets a jump shot that will be nuts

Wow this guy is a terrible poster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He's looked great so far this season, but still think his game is extremely dependent on him developing a jump shot.

I don't say that to take away from what he's done this season, as even without much of one, this is one of the best rookie seasons I've ever seen. If he does develop range from mid and 3 point area, I don't know how the league will stop Philly (unless injuries) because teams can still play off him a bit when he's at the point until he starts to drive (like they do with Giannis).

And we've seen how the Bucks haven't really been able to take that extra step since Giannis is pretty bad from past 10 feet out. This season, Giannis shot 33% on shots farther than 10 feet away from the rim. In fact, he's still a pretty bad shooter from 3-10 feet out (35%). He's reliant on getting to the rim, and the team offense sometimes stagnates due to it (as he's not good, not great playmaker). Now Simmons is better at passing the ball, so it's unlikely he'll hold the offense up as much (also helps that Embiid is a teammate and Simmons will probably be a second option), but if he can get that shot going, Philly's gonna own the conference for years to come.

Imagine Embiid pushing people on the inside, and be able to kick it out to Fultz, Simmons, Saric, or Covington on the outside (with all of them able to hit open mid-range or 3s) ...
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Simmons is already Prime Time. He’s the reason “trust the process” even worked. All the other high draft picks are gone. No Embiid and Fultz a non factor. Simmons took that team to the #3 seed and put up a great playoff debut.

Simmons needs Embiid to take the east of course.

Covington is the guy who will be guarding the other teams best player. Covington has been a great weapon for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Simmons is already Prime Time. He’s the reason “trust the process” even worked. All the other high draft picks are gone. No Embiid and Fultz a non factor. Simmons took that team to the #3 seed and put up a great playoff debut.

Simmons needs Embiid to take the east of course.

Covington is the guy who will be guarding the other teams best player. Covington has been a great weapon for Simmons.
    Nah. Embiid carried them early, Simmons caught fire late. Process works, don't forget Dario in that. They developed some nice role players in the interim between losing. They better give hinkie a ring

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nah. Embiid carried them early, Simmons caught fire late. Process works, don't forget Dario in that. They developed some nice role players in the interim between losing. They better give hinkie a ring
    Dario, RoCo....even the bench with TJ and Holmes. All part of that. It's really a whole they are all part of the process.

PROCESSING

Philly’s first real winning was this year and this year is Simmons “Rookie” year. Season started with Embiid first winning season and he lead them to the 7-9 spot. Barely in or out. When Embiid went down Simmons took them beyond a “trust the process” team.

Simmons will fill the stat sheet in round 1. Miami has no answer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Ok, leaving the previous discussion aside, Ben Simmons bears the single unifying hallmark of being a truly great truly transformational player. Ben Simmons has the unmistakable sign of a player that is TRULY a once-in-a-whatever real deal true NBA super-duper-star

And I mean since Shaq we've had Lebron, and Kobe who was always kind of a 1A type guy in a certain way... I mean that's another discussion but as transcendent as Kobe was and flawless competitor and perfect career for the most part, there were maybe enough holes in Kobe's game (inconsistent shooting sometimes, shot selection from outside sometimes, etc) and also the Shaq-Phil-Pau thing to where you could maybe say Kobe was not a mount Rushmore player but more like a 1A -- better than a Larry Bird, better than a Hakeem, but not a Jordan or a Magic let's say

So outside of Lebron then the past few years we have this plethora of "superstars" : the Chris Pauls and Westbrooks and Hardens etc of the world, the Durants, the Kawahis, etc, and of course there is a new crew of KATs and ADs coming along, each one more superlative than the last and the writers just run out of adjectives to describe how great these guys are. But in reality all those guys are like potential 1Bs for the most part -- hall of famers if they keep it together and keep their game tight. The one exception to that is Steph Curry who has at the height of his career defied all expectations and revolutionized the game, winning two MVPs and two championships along the way and still going strong, so who knows he's not done

However, like I was saying, BEN SIMMONS bears the one single unmistakeable no bull**** true characteristic of the real 1++ Mount Rushmore guy, which is that he comes in as a rookie and brings his team from worst in the league to not just the playoffs but a high seed and threatening to win a championship. Like for every ten or twenty Carmelo Anthonys there is one guy like a Ben Simmons, like a Lebron, who wherever he lands on the worst team in the league that team instantly becomes a real (top) contender his rookie season

Keep in mind that Ben Simmons still has never lost in the NBA playoffs before. For all we know, Ben Simmons may just be that guy who NEVER loses in the NBA playoffs. He may be the guy who wins the championship every season from here on out and wins more rings than anyone. We don't know. We don't know how deep that well goes, we don't know what will happen when another team tries to BEAT Ben Simmons in the NBA playoffs. Maybe for all we know Ben Simmons just gets better and better and finds another and another super power and just beats everybody from here on out. We don't know

Ben Simmons just might be that guy who, say in game 7 of the NBA Finals against Golden State, they are missing Embiid and Saric and so they start Simmons at center and he scores 42 points along with 25 rebounds and they win the NBA championship. Who knows. All I know is that there is a lot of talk about who is this and who is that, who got these shoes or those shoes, or who is sprite or mountain dew or whatever. But when is the last time a player came along and just transforms a nothing team into a serious contender his rookie year, and you are only talking about Lebron, Shaq, Magic etc. In other words the real thing
    Ben Simmons was this good at LSU, he is just stronger / older now, still plays the same as I have stated on here about players and also said this when they had in other threads who had the best young core and I said Simmons / Embiid and its not close because they are young superstars of the game right now but couldn't put it on display due to injuries, health was the only thing from it coming to full fruition

so all that talk you just spoke of could have been said rather shortly, 'Ben Simmons has been this good since NCAA, and based on past players of his mold they usually are that good / dominant coming out of college and some HS', not accomplished players like Laettner and Tebows of the world, but those players you watch over and over and try to find something to nitpick over but you are left with saying that player just sticks out like other legends prior

Ben Simmons just got the Smush curse. It's over for him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast