Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tons. Of. Hot. Sluts. For. Jeter. In. Montreal.

I understand the hate. But the new ownership hasn't had six months to do anything. Give them some time.

Florida teams are 7-23

I don't understand what they were doing with the team to be honest....

MLB needs to only allow the sale of those teams to owners with a **** ton of cash money, relative the the billions world.

It seems they like they sold it to the ownership group that scrounged up just enough money to purchase a team... but thats all they had.

I can't believe it is 2018 and there are owners who think they will ever make money with a piece of **** loser on the field.

The Nationals weren't always a big draw in DC, but now they have a good team for a bit and they have no problem pulling crowds.... funny how that works
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    MLB needs to only allow the sale of those teams to owners with a **** ton of cash money, relative the the billions world.

It seems they like they sold it to the ownership group that scrounged up just enough money to purchase a team... but thats all they had.

I can't believe it is 2018 and there are owners who think they will ever make money with a piece of **** loser on the field.

The Nationals weren't always a big draw in DC, but now they have a good team for a bit and they have no problem pulling crowds.... funny how that works
    They sucked and didnít spend any money till they overpaid for Werth and drafted successive consensus #1 picks. Not everyone gets to draft a generational talent.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Tons. Of. Hot. Sluts. For. Jeter. In. Montreal.
    More than in Miami? No ****ing way dude.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    They sucked and didnít spend any money till they overpaid for Werth and drafted successive consensus #1 picks. Not everyone gets to draft a generational talent.
    Exactly they got Strasbourg and Harper in back to back drafts. You may as well add Rendon in there because I believe he was around that time too. Thatís 3 core pieces in consecutive drafts.

A tear down to build up is probably the best way to field a good team eventually. Marlins screwed up a bit on not getting good returns for the year down though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I understand the hate. But the new ownership hasn't had six months to do anything. Give them some time.
    I never understand hate. But that's just me (apparently I'm one of a kind these days). This team will do what they think is best and will take (at least) a few years to see results.

Jeter being the face of the new Marlins will draw hatred just because of who he is. The previous owner was a POS that didn't even deserve a team. That these new guys are looking to strip down and start over is a good thing IMO. The talent they traded away weren't exactly winning anything anyway.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Trust the process

The only real issue I see is having Jeter oversee the tear down/build up. He needs some experienced help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    My guess is that Jeter has business partners that want to turn a profit.

This. Most fans don't understand that turning a profit is first and foremost. Winning is secondary.

In the ideal situation, you turn a profit and win. But turning a profit is the most important thing when owning a business. And baseball is a business.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The only real issue I see is having Jeter oversee the tear down/build up. He needs some experienced help.
    Do people think that Jeter does something?

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    More than in Miami? No ****ing way dude.
    Well fack, how many does he need?

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Exactly they got Strasbourg and Harper in back to back drafts. You may as well add Rendon in there because I believe he was around that time too. Thatís 3 core pieces in consecutive drafts.

A tear down to build up is probably the best way to field a good team eventually. Marlins screwed up a bit on not getting good returns for the year down though.

Yeah plus that wasn't even my point.

The Nationals Spend a lot on Sherzer and Werth and resigning others.... They put a good product on the field and now make money / draw fans.

I mean the Florida teams and As can try and play the victim car but you put a consistently good product on the field people will come.

But if you aren't going to spend on your own team to get better, why would fans spend anything on that product?
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast