Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    2,051
    The Marlins "Disaster" will continue for some time. And then it won't. Ah, baseball.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,763
    Jeter was generally protected by the press as a player. Heís learning what itís like to get asked questions he doesnít want to answer.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40,150
    But until then. The Disaster is strong!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,822
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I don't understand what they were doing with the team to be honest....
    I am a Marlins fan kyubi and I have often said the same thing: They go out one year and sign Buehrle, Reyes, and other top guys and then by the trade deadline, want to try and move all of them out of Miami.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Jeter was generally protected by the press as a player. Heís learning what itís like to get asked questions he doesnít want to answer.


    No more butt kissing from the media.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,742
    Lol, whatís more fascinating than seeing Marlins Man now turning up to games and making sure he turns his back to the camera to reveal he has ďJeter 2Ē on the back of his top?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,735
    Iím a fan of the Marlins rebuild. Tear it down to nothing and rebuild from scratch. Itís easy to see theyíre shooting for top draft picks in the draft to improve their farm. Bad teams try to win by assembling a roster through FA. Good teams develop their own home grown players. Rebuilds take time, but they usually are worth it if you have good scouts in place and make the right picks. Fans underestimate the value of the Draft. Itís as vital as NBA, NFL, etc.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I am a Marlins fan kyubi and I have often said the same thing: They go out one year and sign Buehrle, Reyes, and other top guys and then by the trade deadline, want to try and move all of them out of Miami.
    That was to seal the deal on that public money for the park and for Loria to prove he was willing to invest in a winner as well. . Thatís why that happened if I remember correctly. Then loria did what he does, and went back to stuffing pennies in the bill part of his wallet that was already crammed to the hilt with million dollar bills

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Iím a fan of the Marlins rebuild. Tear it down to nothing and rebuild from scratch. Itís easy to see theyíre shooting for top draft picks in the draft to improve their farm. Bad teams try to win by assembling a roster through FA. Good teams develop their own home grown players. Rebuilds take time, but they usually are worth it if you have good scouts in place and make the right picks. Fans underestimate the value of the Draft. Itís as vital as NBA, NFL, etc.
    It seems like they've been tearing down and rebuilding every year since winning the WS in 1997.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    2,051
    They also won it in 2003.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    They also won it in 2003.
    Yes, they defeated the Yankees.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    They also won it in 2003.
    And then dismantled it again.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    And then dismantled it again.
    And havenít won since.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,570
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    And havenít won since.
    They went shopping in 2012 (Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Heath Bell, etc.) when they moved into their new ballpark and quickly dismantled that too.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,037
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    They went shopping in 2012 (Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Heath Bell, etc.) when they moved into their new ballpark and quickly dismantled that too.
    I remember being on vacation in Fort Lauderdale, and going to see the new team. It was a week before the fire sale occurred and they were playing the Nationals on a Monday night. The stadium wasn't even half full for a new season. The signs were already there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •