Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs. Wolves

It begins tomorrow! I'm actually heading for a trip to Greece and Germany early in the morning, and I'll be gone for the next week, so I won't catch much of this round if I catch any at all. That being said, hopefully it's fairly uneventful, and the Rocket make quick of Minnesota in 4 or 5 games.

This will probably be my only post in this thread for a while, but I'll be back here in in a little over a week, hopefully to celebrate our victory and to discuss Round 2!

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Assuming the Rockets beat the TWolves who presents the better matchup in the 2nd round for them? Thunder or Jazz? I am interested in hearing anyone's opinion.

I think the Thunder can beat any team or lose to any team. I have no idea what they'd do. I imagine that the Rockets would beat the Jazz in 5 or 6.

Interesting. My ideal 4-5 matchup to decide our second round opponent was Blazers-Pelicans. I agree with Saddletramp. I would never trust the Thunder if I needed, but If Westbrook and George both get hot at the same time, they're very hard to beat. The Jazz defense led by Gobert scares me a bit, but I'm watching their game right now (also watched the Jazz-Blazers game Wednesday), and they really don't have that go-to guy, and Mitchell has been really streaky. They also don't have a lot of postseason experience. I just think the gap between their defense and the Rockets offense is smaller than the gap between their offense and our defense.

But we still need to get past the Wolves first. Let's GO!!!!

Ryan Anderson is out tonight.

Chris Paul WTF? Awful, awful game. He was a negative all night long.

Ryno and Luc being out really hurt. Ariza is in one of those slumps when he can't even hit FTs. And both Gordon and PJ couldn't buy a bucket tonight.

I'm glad we have the MVP and he was on fire, but that should've been much easier, especially with both Towns and Butler not playing well. Harden plays anything less than that, and we drop game 1 at home to 8th seed.

And what the hell was that non-call after the Harden missed FT? Towns caught the ball, walked around for 9 steps and it led to an easy fastbreak bucket. Embarrassing mistake by the refs in a Playoff game.

Yeah, that was an ugly game. Thank god Harden showed up. And Capella in the first half.

And MBT, I'll be in North Carolina visiting friends next week so I feel ya. Always seems like I'm away during the playoffs or Finals for a week.

T-wolves should be worried. Game 1 was the Rockets bad shooting game. I don't expect that to happen again.

Game 2. Here we go!!

Ryno out again. We really need guys to step up and hit some shots tonight.

Chris Paul OH MY GOD

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Game 2. Here we go!!

Ryno out again. We really need guys to step up and hit some shots tonight.
    Save him for the road games, when he actually hit shots lol

Yeah, but it helps that guys stepped up.

It looks like it's going to be Warriors and Pelicans on the other side. The way the Pels are playing, they might make GS work for it.

If the Rockets dont step up, they might not get to the Warriors. e how long i can

This site is so buggy. Not sur
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 04-21-2018 at 11:32 PM.

I must admit, I was starting to get a little worried after two quarters last night. Then the Rockets dropped 50 points in the third quarter. In only 12 minutes of basketball. The second highest postseason scoring quarter ever. Highest since 1962. They scored on 20 of 25 possessions in the third, including 9 threes. They outscored the Wolves 73-33 in just 21 game minutes. They went 34 minutes between the 1st and the 4th quarters without a single turnover. Had only 6 the entire game. Harden with a franchise-high 22 points in a single quarter in the Playoffs. CP3 being CP3, as well. Unbelievable.

Looking forward to the Gentleman's Sweep tomorrow night at home. And it looks like we're going to revive some Jazz-Rockets rivalry in the second round.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

I missed the game because I was brewery hopping in Asheville. Sounds like it was pretty sweet, too.

Tell us (or at least me) about your trip, MBT.

Holy shnikes, will last nights game be forever remembered as the game that started the Rockets championship run.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2008 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast