Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.
    The best part of last night was Winslow taking a charge on Simmons and calling him a B*itch As* haha

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.
    The best part of last night was Winslow taking a charge on Simmons and calling him a B*itch As* haha

He also called him a ***** *** n word after getting a stop lol

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Seeing Winslow and JJ up their games has definitely been the most pleasant development past 1-2 months of the season. Their energy and effort was great.
    BRUH

Seems like Embiid is most likely out for this game as well. I read that if he takes a hard hit to the face, even with the mask, it could permanently damage or affect his vision. And that there's the possibility of bone fragments creating double vision and affecting his left eye's vision. That's some serious stuff. Anyway.

Any game at home is a must win for us, especially with Embiid still out. Ideally he sits out, we win. He comes back game 4, but he's rusty and we win again. Then we just need to find a way to take one of the last 3 games. The Sixers with a healthy Embiid had the best +/- margin in the entire league... better than HOU and GSW.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...r-people-think
    BRUH

Winslow looking nice in 1st qtr.

Great game by Winslow. He may have earned himself another year. Not sure why Spo pulled out Dragic when he was hot. I believe that to be the turning point. Whiteside is a gonner this offseason. Trade him for a bag of ladies Doritos.

Spo lost us the game, period. Also Embiid was rusty and got lucky that the refs gave him 15 ft's I'm not going to cry about the outcome of the game but Embiid was baby'ed the whole game. Lot of physical play but somehow you couldn't breathe on him. Then he commited some obvious fouls that weren't called obviously. But I understand the NBA wanting to create the hype for that Philly team and the star, they need the next big thing and nobody wants to see "a bunch of role players with a washed up HOF".
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

Officiating has stunk the whole series. They did everything could to keep Philly in the game. Add that for whatever reason we didnít play any where near the intensity on defense like we did the other night didnít help. People will say that the Heat was called for 29 and Philly had 26 so it was even, but when u call a team for fouls on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd and 4th qtrs and the other team is shooting fts for like the last 7-8 mins is too much of a advantage.
    [/CENTER]

Just have to figure this out defensively.
    Cant let them have so many 3s.
    The pace of the game has to be much slower for us to stand a chace...
    Score has to be in the 90s to low 100s if the Heat want to win.
    Hassan is completely out of it mentally I would be shocked if hes here next season.

I donít really understand why we r having so much of a issue getting him involved. This is where things fall on Spo. Heís got to make a adjustment. I understood the 1st 2 games with Whiteside, but this game I canít blame him for being pissed.
    [/CENTER]

I'm confused by the confidence in Whiteside at this point. The way he's played he deserves to be benched.

His energy level is garbage. He always looks like he's gasping for air. He's constantly been a step late on rotations, even in the paint.

At $24M he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt or a "leash" to make mistakes and figure things out. He's not a young player lacking experience. At $24M he's paid simply to dominate. He's the 20th highest paid player in the NBA.

He doesn't make the team better at all.

I hear you. Iím just having issues with how he played well against Philly a couple of times during the season, but e totally taken out this series so easily during the playoffs. Now I know coaches make adjustments and everything, but to be absolutely useless is just crazy to me. Itís more than just Whiteside and coaching adjustments. This is the issue that I have always had with Spo is he doesnít make in game adjustments to get certain players going during the game. Itís up to him to get Whiteside the ball more. Not run the whole offense through him, just help him get a few baskets so that he can get in the flow of the game.
    [/CENTER]

He's had these issues dating back to the regular season though, can't say I'm surprised as to what's going on with him. Really just can't expect any different in the postseason from him at this point. Clearly it got to him enough to where he made the dumb comments to the media, and that was the beginning of the end for his time in Miami. Pat's the last person you want to burn bridges with as a player
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 04-20-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    I hear you. Iím just having issues with how he played well against Philly a couple of times during the season, but e totally taken out this series so easily during the playoffs. Now I know coaches make adjustments and everything, but to be absolutely useless is just crazy to me. Itís more than just Whiteside and coaching adjustments. This is the issue that I have always had with Spo is he doesnít make in game adjustments to get certain players going during the game. Itís up to him to get Whiteside the ball more. Not run the whole offense through him, just help him get a few baskets so that he can get in the flow of the game.
    I watch the after game analysis, and they show all the plays they run for Whiteside and he lays an egg every time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me multiple times, then I'm just a damn fool. They don't run plays for Bam, yet he seems to be doing just fine.

Just look at Winslow, as much as we've gotten on him before, he never gets too down on himself when he's having a bad game and continues to look for ways to help. Whiteside is the total opposite. He misses his first few shots, his mind immediately goes to getting traded in the offseason or something like that because his body language is horrible. He's always pouting around like a toddler.

I don't care what Whiteside has done in the regular season. The only thing that matters in the NBA is your playoff performance(s). This is why I don't take Paul George or Carmelo Anthony seriously. Winslow has performed in these playoffs, so he gets a pass for another season from me, despite knowing he will frustrate at times in the regular season. Was Spo the one getting dunked on in the paint? No. Valanciunas made Whiteside a little ***ch in the playoffs and now Embiid. I've had enough.

Whiteside is absolutely gone during this offseason. But I also felt Embiid got the benefit of all the calls far too often which really hurt Hassan because he had too many fouls and would get frustrated. Embiid was rolling to the rim and constantly elbowing KO and Whiteside in the chin and neck with his off arm and initiating contact on clear offensive fouls but he'd end up on the charity stripe. They're the better team, no doubt, but sucks to go out because of refs and effin' Bellineli. GTFO... guy is having the series of his life. Them signing Ilyasova and Belinelli a month ago saved their season. Damn.
    BRUH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast