Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Mt. Rushmore of Pro Wrestling

Have we ever done this before?

If you were to make a Mount Rushmore for pro wrestling, what four people would be on it?

Man you can go alot of ways with this. But for me ill go this. Hogan,Andre,rock,Austin

It's really hard to just put 4 on there. There are really more than four that are deserving. If people would like, they could also break this up by era, company, or territory.

For example, for the Attitude Era, I'd go with Vince, Austin, Rock and probably Triple H.
    Last edited by Driven; 04-13-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Like others have said. This can go in so many directions.

Hulk Hogan - Stone Cold Steve Austin - The Undertaker - John Cena

Triple H and The Rock just miss out. But, again, you have Andre, Savage, Michaels, Hart and so many more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Undertaker, Rock, Hogan, and Bruno.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

its so hard to do 4, because whats the category?

wrestling is so broad, is it territory? is it wwe? is it the impact on the business? is it the era?

if i break it down to impact you have to start at 2 names

Hogan and Vince JR both started the wrestling BOOM

Then you have Dusty and Flair who were both big durring taht time especially for territories

you have the greatest attraction in Andre

You have the man who sold out MSG the most and held the title the most in Bruno

You have the highest draw in Austin

The Rock transcends the business, and Cena is on his way to doing the same.

Taker has been a pillar and a main stay

HBK people say is the GOAT in ring preformer

under rated name Jim Johnston and Jimmy Hart for coming up with so many popular iconic theme songs

Paul heyman for gloifing the hardcore aspect of wrestling

Ted Turner because of the success he took WCW to

People are going to hate on this name but HHH actually has a path to get on this list. His in ring work, along with what he is doing with NXT, depending on how big NXT gets, plus the stars hes bringing in, plus the performance center, if he gets control after Vince, his impact cannot be denied, regardless of how he got there

hes a big reason why WWE is starting to move towards the wrestler and not the character

Like its insane

with that being said let me go

Hogan, Vince Jr, Bruno, Dusty Rhodes with the chance that HHH can get in and probably remove Bruno because the other 3 (hogan, vince, dusty) had the dual impact as a performer and behind the scenes

check this out, Austin is the name internet fans will never let the wrestling industry forget, but in the grand scheme of things Austin seems so small maybe because the time he was on top was so small
    Last edited by Rivera; 04-13-2018 at 04:10 PM.

First Sim League Title!

Hogan, Flair, Sting, Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    its so hard to do 4, because whats the category?

wrestling is so broad, is it territory? is it wwe? is it the impact on the business? is it the era?

if i break it down to impact you have to start at 2 names

Hogan and Vince JR both started the wrestling BOOM

Then you have Dusty and Flair who were both big durring taht time especially for territories

you have the greatest attraction in Andre

You have the man who sold out MSG the most and held the title the most in Bruno

You have the highest draw in Austin

The Rock transcends the business, and Cena is on his way to doing the same.

Taker has been a pillar and a main stay

HBK people say is the GOAT in ring preformer

under rated name Jim Johnston and Jimmy Hart for coming up with so many popular iconic theme songs

Paul heyman for gloifing the hardcore aspect of wrestling

Ted Turner because of the success he took WCW to

People are going to hate on this name but HHH actually has a path to get on this list. His in ring work, along with what he is doing with NXT, depending on how big NXT gets, plus the stars hes bringing in, plus the performance center, if he gets control after Vince, his impact cannot be denied, regardless of how he got there

hes a big reason why WWE is starting to move towards the wrestler and not the character

Like its insane

with that being said let me go

Hogan, Vince Jr, Bruno, Dusty Rhodes with the chance that HHH can get in

check this out, Austin is the name internet fans will never let the wrestling industry forget, but in the grand scheme of things Austin seems so small maybe because the time he was on top was so small
    I have respectfully disagree with you Riv...If Austin fails than wrestling is not what is right now. So that automatically gets him on any Mt.Rushmore. Add to it that VKM vs ScSa may be the GREATEST rivalry of all-time.... So there's #1 in Austin

Hogan and VKM I agree with also as they both put wrestling on the map int he 80s and where the main causes of wrestling becoming so damn big. So that's 3 ScSa-Hulk-Vkm

Now the last 1 is going to be really hard for me to choose... Bruno - Andre - Dusty you can all argue but you could argue right place at the right time. Would Bruno be what he was back than today or in the 90s? No... I think if you swapped Andre and Big Show you would have very similar careers. I love Taker but no he should not be on Mt.Rushmore just for being here for 20 years. He is an all-time great but he has never been "The Guy" he has always been behind Hbk-ScSa-Rock-Cena etc in his eras.

For me it comes down to 3 for the final spot... Flair , Rock and Cena...

Flair was one of the all-time greats , face of WCW and wrestled for over 200 years . His promos where some of the iconic wrestling promos of all-time. But seems like he got overshadowed by Hogan at his peak ( I could be wrong). So with Hogan already on Mt.Rushmore I will pass on Flair as hard as it is.

Next up is The Rock... First this is the WRESTLING Mt.Rushmore. So take away how his Hollywood career. Like Flair Rock's promos are iconic and his catch phrase will be remembered forever. But this is the main breaker for me.... How long was The Rock "THE GUY" 98 to 03? So 5 years? Maybe less? He is an all-time great and transcends wrestling. When someone mentions the Rock do you think biggest action star in Hollywood or WWE/F at this point? I think Hollywood. He has been a Hollywood start longer than he was a WWE/F star at this point.

And here comes the HEAT and HATE. But I think it has to be Cena. He has been "The Guy" for almost 15 years now. When someone says WWE he probably is the first name that comes to a ton of peoples minds. I get it "He can't wrestle" and "Cena sucks". but name 1 person whos had the longevity of Cena as being "The Guy".

So I'll go with

Hulk - VKM - SCSA - CENA
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    I have respectfully disagree with you Riv...If Austin fails than wrestling is not what is right now. So that automatically gets him on any Mt.Rushmore. Add to it that VKM vs ScSa may be the GREATEST rivalry of all-time.... So there's #1 in Austin

Hogan and VKM I agree with also as they both put wrestling on the map int he 80s and where the main causes of wrestling becoming so damn big. So that's 3 ScSa-Hulk-Vkm

Now the last 1 is going to be really hard for me to choose... Bruno - Andre - Dusty you can all argue but you could argue right place at the right time. Would Bruno be what he was back than today or in the 90s? No... I think if you swapped Andre and Big Show you would have very similar careers. I love Taker but no he should not be on Mt.Rushmore just for being here for 20 years. He is an all-time great but he has never been "The Guy" he has always been behind Hbk-ScSa-Rock-Cena etc in his eras.

For me it comes down to 3 for the final spot... Flair , Rock and Cena...

Flair was one of the all-time greats , face of WCW and wrestled for over 200 years . His promos where some of the iconic wrestling promos of all-time. But seems like he got overshadowed by Hogan at his peak ( I could be wrong). So with Hogan already on Mt.Rushmore I will pass on Flair as hard as it is.

Next up is The Rock... First this is the WRESTLING Mt.Rushmore. So take away how his Hollywood career. Like Flair Rock's promos are iconic and his catch phrase will be remembered forever. But this is the main breaker for me.... How long was The Rock "THE GUY" 98 to 03? So 5 years? Maybe less? He is an all-time great and transcends wrestling. When someone mentions the Rock do you think biggest action star in Hollywood or WWE/F at this point? I think Hollywood. He has been a Hollywood start longer than he was a WWE/F star at this point.

And here comes the HEAT and HATE. But I think it has to be Cena. He has been "The Guy" for almost 15 years now. When someone says WWE he probably is the first name that comes to a ton of peoples minds. I get it "He can't wrestle" and "Cena sucks". but name 1 person whos had the longevity of Cena as being "The Guy".

So I'll go with

Hulk - VKM - SCSA - CENA
    nice post cant really argue anything you said

the reason I didnt include Austin is because wrestling already boomed, yes, austin was at the height of ratings during a "war", but if austin doesnt happen, wrestling still would have survived it would look slightly different (and with the way most wrestling fans **** i guess to them it wouldnt have been a bad thing). WCW didnt survive because they had bad management giving out creative clauses and guaranteed $$ (which in the long term turned out great) which helped cause the demise during that time frame. They didnt control costs well on top of a lack of direction when they peaked, they were just happy they peaked

the highest rated segment of all time is Rock/Mankind nothing with Austin, and Austins window is soooo short for his peak compared to others, I cant put him on mine, plus Vince helped make austin (not vince the creative, vince the character). I can see why people do though its like you really have to define your list as to what your mount rushmore is

i would take your mount rushmore as biggest draws vs mine that was biggest impact

First Sim League Title!

Hogan, Stone Cold, Rock, and Flair. Undertaker, Cena, Savage, Sting, Bruno are definitely in the mix as well but wrestling doesn't hit its peak without those first 4 guys.

All the **** Hogan gets (deserved), he had two incarnations where he was the most popular wrestler in the world. One during his peak in the late 80s and his time in the NWO from 96-97.

Austin is the top dog imo though. There was a time in the 90s where you didnt go two blocks without seeing an Austin 3:16 shirt somewhere.

Vince Mcmahon Steve Austin HBK Rock Sting

Andre Macho Hogan Untertaker Bruno

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Vince Sting Flair Hogan

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

There could be a book written about rock vs Austin in terms of their careers. There has been absolutely no one like the Rock. The problem is that he run was so short, but his comeback a few years ago helps his case and also his wrestling roots.

Austin is probably the choice over him due to his significance of his feud with McMahon. He had a longer career than rock, but I donít know if his time on top is really that much more than rocks was.

The rock was the guy that really drew a lot of people to wrestling in 1999 and 2000, myself included. He was just so cool and edgy. No one has quite had the charisma and just the natural ability on the mic. But austin is a wrestlers wrestler. He had the real significant feuds and matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donít think anyone has mentioned the names of Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart yet either.

I might create a series of polls. I think it would be fun to do a Mount Rushmore by country/continent. Like Canada, US, Mexico, Japan, Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Vince - I love this idea by Driven. If you want to count him, there's no explanation needed.

2. Hogan - Biggest star ever and made the business mainstream, plus biggest babyface ever

3. Austin - spearheaded the most popular era ever

4. Flair - Biggest heel ever and 16x champion is the most well known record in the business

Snub1, Cena: greatest run ever, but the popularity of the business just wasnt what it was when the guys above were leading the company. plus he's not as beloved as the guys above either.

Snub2, The Rock: my favourite wrestler ever, and is the biggest star ever outside of the business, but his run was just too short. Being #2 behind Austin also is a slight mark against him. If he had 3-4 more years at the top after Austin retired, I'd have him above Flair.

Snub3, Undertaker: Also a great run, but was never "The Guy".

Snub4, HBK: 2 great runs, but business was at its worst when he was on top with Bret

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast