Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    It's not an argument, but God still resides in the details. Saying we don't want players who don't fit the triangle is not the same as saying we drafted a player chiefly for that reason. It's a fine difference I admit. But kudos to you for keeping the quasi argument going

Also, just for ***** and giggles, do find me the quote or video or anything that shows Phil saying he only wants players that fit the triangle. Hint, don't waste your time, it was never said. There was talk of system basketball, always left vague. You guys don't seem to grasp what clear as day means, you want to paraphrase and act like you're quoting. You want your opinions to sound like facts.

On the second bold, everything Dolan said just sounded stupid and like an excuse to me. Also sounds like he said he makes hiring firing decisions based on the "market" opinion. He is the absolute worst, I refuse to forget who this guy is ever. His team so whatever, but he is the worst
    Haha well said man, 100% on the money

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    So they needed better patience and coaching but Frank doesn’t. Got it. Keep talking yourself in circles it’s entertaining
    soo do you intentionally ignore my previous posts? I've always advocated for Frank to play major minutes next season barring a trade for a star. No talking in circles, it just requires more brain work from you to remember my previous posts

It's not an argument, but God still resides in the details. Saying we don't want players who don't fit the triangle is not the same as saying we drafted a player chiefly for that reason. It's a fine difference I admit. But kudos to you for keeping the quasi argument going

Also, just for ***** and giggles, do find me the quote or video or anything that shows Phil saying he only wants players that fit the triangle. Hint, don't waste your time, it was never said. There was talk of system basketball, always left vague. You guys don't seem to grasp what clear as day means, you want to paraphrase and act like you're quoting. You want your opinions to sound like facts.

On the second bold, everything Dolan said just sounded stupid and like an excuse to me. Also sounds like he said he makes hiring firing decisions based on the "market" opinion. He is the absolute worst, I refuse to forget who this guy is ever. His team so whatever, but he is the worst

Why would I say something that is not true?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...t-in-new-york/

When Phil Jackson met with the media Friday, he did more than talk about Urban Dictionary. Jackson said that despite the game having evolved to a place far beyond where it was when Jackson's beloved system was successful, Jackson is committed more than ever to the Triangle offense.

Jackson dedicated to the triangle: Jackson made it clear that he’s committed to running his triangle offense -- and he will recruit players based on their ability to fit the system.“I don’t think the offensive system has to take a back seat to anything we do,” Jackson said.

Later, he added: “Players who are resistant to it shouldn’t be here.”

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    soo do you intentionally ignore my previous posts? I've always advocated for Frank to play major minutes next season barring a trade for a star. No talking in circles, it just requires more brain work from you to remember my previous posts
    I mean okay you sort of talk out of both sides of your mouth on him but whatever. We're both Knicks fans, we both want the same thing... I understand some of the frustration with him, he's frustrated me at times as well.

But he is a rookie, just like Oladipo was, and just like all the guys you mentioned before were. So yes it may take patience, and a coach better than Jeff, who I just personally didn't have much faith in by the end.

Will be interesting to see who our next coach is, hopefully we choose the right guy for the job. And hopefully Perry knows what he's doing. Perry is still a ? to me at this point. I'm not ready to give him my full faith just like any other GM until he shows us what he can do as the boss.

I mean okay you sort of talk out of both sides of your mouth on him but whatever. We're both Knicks fans, we both want the same thing... I understand some of the frustration with him, he's frustrated me at times as well.

But he is a rookie, just like Oladipo was, and just like all the guys you mentioned before were. So yes it may take patience, and a coach better than Jeff, who I just personally didn't have much faith in by the end.

Will be interesting to see who our next coach is, hopefully we choose the right guy for the job. And hopefully Perry knows what he's doing. Perry is still a ? to me at this point. I'm not ready to give him my full faith just like any other GM until he shows us what he can do as the boss.
    Do clarify? I certainly would like the opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings. My implication was that Perry would not have chosen Frank. I'm not a fan of Frank. But have said on multiple occasions that I would not trade him unless it net us back a star like a Kawhi, and am all for him showing improvement this coming season.

How??? Don't you think every subpar team is planning the same thing, we never win this game.

Ugh. That's your big contribution, don't resign Kanter and trade Lee. Quick someone get Perry on the line with that hot take.

Have you seen how the lottery odds work next year? They flatten out

Team 1 14.0%
    Team 2 14.0%
    Team 3 14.0%
    Team 4 12.5%
    Team 5 10.5%
    Team 6 9.0%
    Team 7 7.5%
    Team 8 6.0%

You can suck your *** off and still not get a top three pick relatively easily. You could be the third worst seed with 14% chance and be jumped by 12.5 and 10% teams.

And we have one shot to do this. KP comes back after that. What if it doesn't work? What if we get the 6th pick and end up with a rotation player at best. What if we get a top three pick and he's a bust? Easy enough to say what you're saying from the couch.

And who on God's green earth are you developing with KP out. Frank and Mikal/Miles? That sounds weak AF
    Because we do not play to win this game. Philly played to win the game and stuck with it. We seem to always think we are going to compete for something and then realize what everybody else knows about us that we ain't winning **** by then it is too late. Plus we had the misfortune of not having are picks each year. Do u have Perry's number I will call or better yet have him call Hinikie

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Do clarify? I certainly would like the opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings. My implication was that Perry would not have chosen Frank. I'm not a fan of Frank. But have said on multiple occasions that I would not trade him unless it net us back a star like a Kawhi, and am all for him showing improvement this coming season.
    Fair enough man. Yesterday was a tough work day without psd, as much as we argue, talking knicks with you guys brings me a lot of joy - cheers fellas 🍻

Fair enough man. Yesterday was a tough work day without psd, as much as we argue, talking knicks with you guys brings me a lot of joy - cheers fellas 🍻
    Yea wtf happened haha? Did the site get attacked or something? I suspect trueknicksfan
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Why would I say something that is not true?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...t-in-new-york/
    Pretty close haha

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Because we do not play to win this game. Philly played to win the game and stuck with it. We seem to always think we are going to compete for something and then realize what everybody else knows about us that we ain't winning **** by then it is too late. Plus we had the misfortune of not having are picks each year. Do u have Perry's number I will call or better yet have him call Hinikie
    yea yea I agree it sucks what happened but what about now? The odds change next year, doing it Philly style doesn't necessarily make as much sense, can you at least agree with that?

Pretty close haha
    Yes and there are others as well. No way would he have chosen a PnR PG especially after the experiment with Rose.

This part is just a guess, but based on the triangle the only guards Phil probably even considered were Frank, Monk, and Mitchell. Even respected reporters like David Aldridge were saying that Frank was the likely choice because of the triangle and his size. Knowing the system, you can almost automatically eliminate certain types of PGs. It’s the one position that is affected the most.

It’s not different than narrowing the coaching search the way that they did.

Yea wtf happened haha? Did the site get attacked or something? I suspect trueknicksfan
    Haha this got me laughin

it was me, i needed a break from Biv

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112