ECQF: Toronto Raptors [1] vs. Washington Wizards [8] | Raptors win 4-2

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 in Toronto: Saturday, April 14, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 2 in Toronto: Tuesday, April 17, 7 p.m. ET, NBA TV

Game 3 in Washington: Friday, April 20, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN 2

Game 4 in Washington: Sunday, April 22, 6 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Toronto: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in Washington: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Toronto: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Marcin Gortat
    PF: Markieff Morris
    SF: Otto Porter
    SG: Bradley Beal
    PG: John Wall

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Jonas Valanciunas
    PF: Serge Ibaka
    SF: Ogugua Anunoby
    SG: DeMar Derozan
    PG: Kyle Lowry

Capital One Arena, Washington DC

Air Canada Centre, Toronto

Last edited by kdspurman; 04-16-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    The Baker is coming.

I can see an upset. Raps don't have that one guy that is too athletic and or crafty dominant type of guy that can take over a series. It should be close. This could be a Virginia type nba team, where they kill the regular season and disappoint in the playoffs annually.

Coin flip series.

But I will say, just about a week ago, the Wizards were being accused of being too selfish. They have not played well and have had a very up and down season. Wall has been out for most of the year and you can't really say they have an identity to their offense. They look like a team that lacks cohesion.
    Last edited by aman_13; 04-12-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Raps in 7

Raptors in 5 or 6.

Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors!

I got Raps in 6 (assuming full health, because FVV is an important part of their team). I don't think the Raptors are the world beaters that they've been for most of the season, but I do think they're a different team. They've played a different style of basketball all year and I think it'll show in the playoffs.

The spark of evidence of this new Raps team will be the Raps FINALLY winning a game 1 in a gazillion years. That's right, Raps are taking game 1!

Also, the Wizards look a bit discombobulated themselves. Wall hasn't comfortably settled in since his return from injury.

It will not be easy... don't think the Raps will be wrecking teams in the playoffs like they did in the regular season, but they're better.
    The Baker is coming.

Raptors winning game 1? Don't make me laugh vee 😂
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors!

I got Raps in 6 (assuming full health, because FVV is an important part of their team). I don't think the Raptors are the world beaters that they've been for most of the season, but I do think they're a different team. They've played a different style of basketball all year and I think it'll show in the playoffs.

The spark of evidence of this new Raps team will be the Raps FINALLY winning a game 1 in a gazillion years. That's right, Raps are taking game 1!

Also, the Wizards look a bit discombobulated themselves. Wall hasn't comfortably settled in since his return from injury.

It will not be easy... don't think the Raps will be wrecking teams in the playoffs like they did in the regular season, but they're better.
    Honestly, it would be a huge catalyst for the team. Lowry needs to show up this year too or the next 2 years of his contract will be painful.

See, this is exactly the bull**** I was talking about yesterday about why they were going for a win in an irrelevant game. We already clinched the 1 seed and 60 wins means absolute **** if we lost anybody big to our core with injury. Ibaka and Miles got banged up, and now VanVleet (You know, the guy who we have in case Lowry's game falters), needing x-rays on his shoulder. I'm hoping that it's not too severe, because this stupid *** quest for 60 wins might have completely screwed their chances at coming out the east.

That rant being said, I would expect Toronto win win this in 5 or (more likely)6 games. Washington has looked terrible over the past couple weeks, and even Wall coming back hasn't really seemed to buck the trend. Hopefully they win game 1 this time, cause I'm gonna be terrified if they don't
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I can see an upset. Raps don't have that one guy that is too athletic and or crafty dominant type of guy that can take over a series. It should be close. This could be a Virginia type nba team, where they kill the regular season and disappoint in the playoffs annually.
    But they donít disappoint annually. They had one early exit, the first time they made the playoffs. Then they lost to the Cavs every other time. Thatís not disappointing when itís expected and anticipated.

I'm shocked that people believe this will be a series honestly. Toronto is going to sweep this series. Washington is a trash team, the other players don't even want John Wall on the team. Meanwhile, the Raptors played their best season by far and DeRozen really took a big step this year.

Toronto is a super hungry team who has faced playoff heartbreak many times now, and the Wizards don't even like each other (and lost in Orlando (whose trying to lose!) to end the regular season!). Wizards are a joke and are cooked. Raptors 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But they donít disappoint annually. They had one early exit, the first time they made the playoffs. Then they lost to the Cavs every other time. Thatís not disappointing when itís expected and anticipated.
    Maybe I should re-frame and say they get exposed in the post-season. DD and Lowry look legit in the regular season, but unravel when the game tightens and the whistle is different. Lowry more-so. DD, who at least gets better in the playoffs as he gains more experience. I still don't think neither have that crafty game that can easily break down a defense. Even Older Wade showed what craftiness can do when the Heat almost upset the Raps a few years back. Unless your Bron with world class unmatchable athleticism, skill/craftiness and mental toughness under pressure are what comes out in the playoffs. The best players have a combo of athleticism/craftiness/mental toughness in the playoffs. Bron's superior athleticism mitigates his need for craftiness.

The Raps did change their style of play, maybe it'll help. Put me in the skeptical side until they prove it can translate when it matters. No matter what style of play you need big time players that live up to the big time moments in the playoffs (especially the deeper you get).

While I fully expect playoff Lowry and/or Derozan to show up at some point, Toronto is just so much better than Washington that it shouldn't matter. Raptors in 5, perhaps even 4.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Well, I'm on the Raptors bandwagon to make it all the way to the NBA Finals. For the last 5 years now, they kinda been given a pass for making it to the playoffs....or overachieving with a few playoff series wins.

With Kyrie out....Cleveland not looking good...they have the #1 seed to the Finals. I have a serious problem with getting behind a team(That's not my team) and they let me down. I will never pick them for anything ever again.

Lowry, Derozan, Serge....its their time....If Casey can't get them to the Finals this year, I don't think he ever will.
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 04-13-2018 at 12:36 PM.

You know who's really dissapointment annually (other than the series Paul Pierce won for them against the raptors)... The wizards. In the post season and regular season.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast