Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Grant was hellbent, and damn sure if back checks out/cross all Ts and dot all Is, Porter will be a King
    I still think Doncic is the pick. Will think that until our pick is announced to be honest. I just can't see Vlade passing on the top Euro prospect in years, especially when it fits what we need. Seriously, who is our starting SF right now? We need one even more than we need a PF... not that need is top priority though.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

What would be your ideal summer for the Kings (within reason)? If you were GM, who would you draft, what trades would you make, who would you sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I still think Doncic is the pick. Will think that until our pick is announced to be honest. I just can't see Vlade passing on the top Euro prospect in years, especially when it fits what we need. Seriously, who is our starting SF right now? We need one even more than we need a PF... not that need is top priority though.
    Last year, MPJ was #1 prospect in this years draft.
    If back injury checks out then I still see him as #1 prospect now.
    Barring that examination, he has the tools/motor for the NBA similar to Doncic.
    Both can guard 2-4, create/move with the ball, and score, but Porter checks out better there.

I donít know who I want tbh, but to pick either isnít a bad pick, BUT, Porter has to check out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    What would be your ideal summer for the Kings (within reason)? If you were GM, who would you draft, what trades would you make, who would you sign?
    Ive been weary of the Aaron Gordon rumors, but heís the FA that makes sense.
    Up tempo stretch 3-4 who can shoot the rock, and has NBA experience. Heís also our Ďnewí Ryan Anderson in the sense that he grew up rooting for the Sac Kings in San Jose meaning he would accept our offer compared to other players who see Sacramento and bolt

Offer to take Kenneth Faried for the 14th overall pick. Don't spend a dime locking up anyone in this year's free agent class. Save all my money for next year to try to get 2 max player and a very strong young core.
    Draft: Kevin Knox (moster head) with that pick.

Hope everything checks out with MPJ. trade back with Justin Jackson and 2nd overall pick for the 4th pick and the Gizz's 1st round pick next year.
    Last edited by sneak; 06-13-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    A heathly Porter i also believe is the best prospect in thia draft, but man, if you draft him @2 you must have no brains or balls of steel.
    It's not just about being healthy now. But moreso of expected future health. If you think he's good to go, draft him at 2. If you think he's not, draft someone else. Don't trade down. Trading down just waters down the talent.

Buyout/Retire: Zach Randolph

Sign: Jabari Parker
    Glen Robinson III
    Gary Payton II

Trade:
    Kings get Cristiano Felicio and 7th Overall
    Bulls get Cauley-Stein, Justin Jackson, Garret Temple, and 2019 2nd rounder.

Draft: Doncic (#2 overall)
    Bamba (#7 overall)
    Hutchinson (#37)

PG: Fox, Mason III, Payton II
    SG: Bogdanovic, Hield, Shumpert
    SF: Doncic, Robinson III, Hutchinson
    PF: Parker, Giles, Labissiere
    C: Bamba, Koufas, Felicio

Two-Way Contracts:
    JaKar Sampson
    Chris Chiozza

Last edited by iMac; 06-13-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    It's not just about being healthy now. But moreso of expected future health. If you think he's good to go, draft him at 2. If you think he's not, draft someone else. Don't trade down. Trading down just waters down the talent.
    On a side note, I was watching The Jump... or whatever show Rachel Nichols is on with T-Mac. He said that he had a similar back issue and was able to play. It was a lot of pain management... I would take a prime Tracy McGrady.

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    On a side note, I was watching The Jump... or whatever show Rachel Nichols is on with T-Mac. He said that he had a similar back issue and was able to play. It was a lot of pain management... I would take a prime Tracy McGrady.
    TMac struggled with his back damn near his whole career, if not, definitely in his later years. Although he played 15 years, he retired at 33 due to knee and back issues. I wouldn't draft Porter Jr. unless the Kings medical staff are allowed to do a full evaluation or if the Bulls medical evaluation is sufficient in their professional opinions.

I feel that if acquiring a second lottery pick, the teams most likely would be the Cavs at 8 by taking on a contract like Thompson, the Mavs for assets due to their wanting to shoot for the playoffs, and the Magic.

Free Agents I would target:
    Rodney Hood and Noel- Both may be able to be had at bargain prices
    Parker, Gordon, Capela- offer more money than the team would be willing to match
    KCP

Another approach is teams that need to clear up cap for F/A or resigning players...
    -Klay Thompson trade with a commitment to resign for the second pick (not likely, but Warriors can be more financially flexible in keeping their dynasty together, but his age does not fit our window)
    -With all signs pointing to Lebron going to the Lakers at this point, Take Dengs contract with Ingram
    - Faried contract for pick

-In reality I like the idea of acquiring another pick in the lottery. Parker would be my main target in FA with offers to KCP and possibly Noel and Hood.

I really feel FA can impact what other teams may be willing to move to free cap space.

A lot of options... just have to make the right call... good luck Vlade

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    TMac struggled with his back damn near his whole career, if not, definitely in his later years. Although he played 15 years, he retired at 33 due to knee and back issues. I wouldn't draft Porter Jr. unless the Kings medical staff are allowed to do a full evaluation or if the Bulls medical evaluation is sufficient in their professional opinions.
    I'm guessing medical advances since then make it tough to compare similar injuries. What Tmac went thru then is not indicative of what he'd go thru today...

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I feel that if acquiring a second lottery pick, the teams most likely would be the Cavs at 8 by taking on a contract like Thompson, the Mavs for assets due to their wanting to shoot for the playoffs, and the Magic.

Free Agents I would target:
    Rodney Hood and Noel- Both may be able to be had at bargain prices
    Parker, Gordon, Capela- offer more money than the team would be willing to match
    KCP

Another approach is teams that need to clear up cap for F/A or resigning players...
    -Klay Thompson trade with a commitment to resign for the second pick (not likely, but Warriors can be more financially flexible in keeping their dynasty together, but his age does not fit our window)
    -With all signs pointing to Lebron going to the Lakers at this point, Take Dengs contract with Ingram
    - Faried contract for pick

-In reality I like the idea of acquiring another pick in the lottery. Parker would be my main target in FA with offers to KCP and possibly Noel and Hood.

I really feel FA can impact what other teams may be willing to move to free cap space.

A lot of options... just have to make the right call... good luck Vlade
    WCS, #37 for Tristan Thompson and #8 would be awesome.

WCS, #37 for Tristan Thompson and #8 would be awesome.
    I would like to counter that with
    TT and the 8th for the 37th and KK.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Last year, MPJ was #1 prospect in this years draft.
    If back injury checks out then I still see him as #1 prospect now.
    Barring that examination, he has the tools/motor for the NBA similar to Doncic.
    Both can guard 2-4, create/move with the ball, and score, but Porter checks out better there.

I donít know who I want tbh, but to pick either isnít a bad pick, BUT, Porter has to check out!!
    Last year... before Porter had injuries and before Doncic won MVP of the Euroleague. Things have changed considerably for both players. And it wasn't unanimous for Porter either. There was plenty of hype surrounding Doncic, Ayton, and Bagley too. All three of those guys had huge years while Porter has back and hip issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Last year... before Porter had injuries and before Doncic won MVP of the Euroleague. Things have changed considerably for both players. And it wasn't unanimous for Porter either. There was plenty of hype surrounding Doncic, Ayton, and Bagley too. All three of those guys had huge years while Porter has back and hip issues.
    I still no matter what think MPJ has the highest ceiling. There are just no player that could really play SF that are that big execpt who we consider the best players in the world. JBL, KD, even Lenard is an above average size. If you had first pick in a draft (not fantasy) for a one year period, the first two picks would be LBJ and KD, Lenard would not be far behind.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast