Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    TBH I would rather draft Bamba over trading for Whiteside I think Bamba will be better then Whiteside he has more range and has more offensive skill set with the same defensive potential and there is no way they give us a pick they would want a pick or picks from us to get him, plus he would be cheaper then Whiteside, its nice thought but I don't see it happening just draft BPA and build around your players

Not sure if the Heat would part with their 2019 pick to get rid of Whiteside, but I'd be down with it if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    TBH I would rather draft Bamba over trading for Whiteside I think Bamba will be better then Whiteside he has more range and has more offensive skill set with the same defensive potential and there is no way they give us a pick they would want a pick or picks from us to get him, plus he would be cheaper then Whiteside, its nice thought but I don't see it happening just draft BPA and build around your players
    I am not sure that they wouldn't throw in a pick. He is due 25.5 million in 2018 - 19 and 27 million on a player option the next season after. He lost his time to a Rookie, and Miami can pull free agents in, so there Cap space is very valuable.

The only reason I don't think they will because teams will want him and they will ask for young players and picks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    The only reason I don't think they will because teams will want him and they will ask for young players and picks
    No team will want him for say a second round pick, basically free, (with that salary.) The team who signed him to that crazy deal doesn't even think he is the best big on his own team, which is saying a lot. The Heat are really not that good. I completely disagree.

I agree. He has a skillset that does not fit the Heat. We have shooters and need interior def. Plus the cap space to take it on means we may ve able to double up this draft with a def big and wing. Plus get a pick for the next year.

I just read an article about Whiteside possibly getting traded. They thought the Heat would try to package him with Winslow or Richardson. The article did make it seem like the Heat would expect something in return - like a mid to late first.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I just read an article about Whiteside possibly getting traded. They thought the Heat would try to package him with Winslow or Richardson. The article did make it seem like the Heat would expect something in return - like a mid to late first.
    Richardson had a hell of a year and Winslow still has "potential", i can see what they are trying to do. I do wonder about the contract for Richardson on a trade like that though. I don't think we should or would be in the running for that package. We have too many wings as it is, and no way we are giving up our pick.

Just for fun, what would it take to get Kawhi in a trade? Is it even worth trying considering the risk of him leaving?

I assume it starts with our 1st rounder. Does a 1st, Skal, and ZBo get it done? I don't think I'd offer both the 1st and Bogdan. It's too much with the risk of Kawhi leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Just for fun, what would it take to get Kawhi in a trade? Is it even worth trying considering the risk of him leaving?

I assume it starts with our 1st rounder. Does a 1st, Skal, and ZBo get it done? I don't think I'd offer both the 1st and Bogdan. It's too much with the risk of Kawhi leaving.
    If we got lucky and got the top pick, I'd offer up Buddy or Bogi plus WCS and Jackson for Kawhi.

Fox
    Buddy or Bogi
    Kawhi
    Skal/Giles
    Ayton

I think that squad would make the playoffs.

I think Whiteside is a possibility due to the salary he is owed.

I was also wondering if Hood should be a target for us. He is better than what he is showing with the Cavs. Some people just can't play with Lebron.

I like Hood he is a very good 3&D and could be as good as Porter but I wouldn't offer the max and I would take him if they don't draft a SF in the draft

Hood screwed himself by not going into the game the other night. It could literally cost him millions.

Hood is one of Joerger's favorite players.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-better-worse
    Last edited by sacgiants1213; 05-09-2018 at 03:18 AM.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post

I've been saying the same thing for a while now... we should trade for kawhi, but only if we do not get a top 3 pick. Lets say we end up with the 7th pick. The 7th, WCS and buddy seems like a little too much. Hopefully we could throw in a second round pick and get their first back as well.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 05-09-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast