Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Vegas 3-0 series lead. Best story in hockey keeps getting better.

ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Crazy. Fleury is in the zone and Vegasí speed and tenacity is too much for LA.

If anybody can make a series out of being down 3-0, itís a team like LA though. Vegas needs to go for the kill so they can get some rest. They are gonna be banged up.

Another strong start by Colorado letís see if they learned from their mistakes

Nice to see the Avs come out like this. I love watching MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog.

Rinne yanked. Wow.

If there is any team to lose this lead itís probably this defensive group. Game 2/3 pairings.

Zadorov-scratched multiple times this year for rather bad play.
    Barrie-worst plus/minus last year

Nemeth-waived by Dallas to start the year
    Barberio-waived by the Canadians last year

Warsofsky- 55 games in 7 seasons.
    Siemens- hasnít played more than 4 games in the league since being drafted the same year as Landeskog.

How sad is that?

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Vegas 1-0

Good start to this cup run
    Their in the weakest section of the playoff bracket, there is a good chance they make it to the Western Conference Finals.

But I like LA in 7, either team would beat the winner of Ana/SJ

Still got LA in 7? Lol

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Still got LA in 7? Lol
    Not likely but it wasnít that long ago that LA erased 3-0 deficit on their way to winning a Cup. I wouldnít be chirpin just yet.

Itís not like Vegas has been spanking them. Iím not counting the Kings out. Theyíve been there. If they win tonight, pressure will be on Vegas to win Game 5 at home because I highly doubt LA will lose game 6 at home. Then Game 7, anything can happen and LA will have all the momentum. Momentum in playoff hockey is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I agree with your sentiment on starting Holtby.

You sure seemed to imply theyíd be easy by saying either of LA or Vegas will beat either Anaheim/San Jose. I donít necessarily disagree but it wouldnít surprise me one bit if SJ or Anaheim beat either one of LA or Vegas.

Why are those 2 the teams to beat, cuz they had the most points? Nashville sure. Winnipeg hasnít proved crap yet and if anybody has the easiest 1st rd matchup, itís them playing Minny without Suter. I will go for Winnipeg in rd 2 but I think Nashville will beat them.
    I'm a little surprised at how well Evander Kane has played for San Jose, he was actually benched on the team with the least amount of goals this season.(disciplinary)
    He's too inconsistent, seems unmotivated at times.

Not likely but it wasnít that long ago that LA erased 3-0 deficit on their way to winning a Cup. I wouldnít be chirpin just yet.

Itís not like Vegas has been spanking them. Iím not counting the Kings out. Theyíve been there. If they win tonight, pressure will be on Vegas to win Game 5 at home because I highly doubt LA will lose game 6 at home. Then Game 7, anything can happen and LA will have all the momentum. Momentum in playoff hockey is huge.
    I don't get to watch a lot of the West coast games live because they start @ 10-10:30PM to me

Seems like Quick could have been a little better in the 3rd period of game 3, fell apart when they needed him

Still got LA in 7? Lol
    Vegas lol

I've watched this sport my whole life, been to one single Stanley Cup parade.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I don't get to watch a lot of the West coast games live because they start @ 10-10:30PM to me

Seems like Quick could have been a little better in the 3rd period of game 3, fell apart when they needed him
    No excuses, Iíve watched a lot of this series and Iím in the same time zone as you !

Admittedly I have dozed off quite a few times though.

Yeah Quick has been ok but Fleury is in one of his zones right now. If Quick gets hot though, he can do the same. LA needs to somehow win this game and I think theyíll get a little swagger back.

Los Angeles lacks depth up front. Kopitar had 30 points over the next forward. Carter is back but when you're best wingers are Toffoli and Brown, you might be in trouble. Add that with Muzzin out, Doughty suspended, and Fleury being on, this should be no surprise.

Doughty, Muzzin, Phanuef, Martinez is a good top four.

Kempe and Pearson are pretty good but yeah overall, they lack depth and speed compared to Vegas up front.

Doughty was only suspended 1 game and Muzzin is back. Derek Forbort being out hurts more than people think.

Kempe and Pearson are pretty good but yeah overall, they lack depth and speed compared to Vegas up front.

Doughty was only suspended 1 game and Muzzin is back. Derek Forbort being out hurts more than people think.
    Vegas had 6 40 point forwards. 4 guys over 60. Beyond that you have a 20 goal scorer in Tatar and Tuch who was nearly .50 PPG as a rookie. Depth up front is being tested with these goalies. Vegas' fourth line has been incredible

Without a doubt. They are deep. Fleury outplayed Quick and Iím not sure Gallant gets enough credit. He out-coached Stevens big time. He has everyone buying in and they play a perfectly structured game with a lead.

With that said, thatís as even a series can get with it being a sweep.

Vegas was impressive. Interested to see them play another fast team like the Sharks.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast