Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

NHL Playoffs

A place to talk about the NHL playoff games.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators

NHL Playoffs

Vegas 1-0

Good start to this cup run

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

That was a really really good game. I’d be blown away if they didn’t go 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Vegas 1-0

Good start to this cup run
    Their in the weakest section of the playoff bracket, there is a good chance they make it to the Western Conference Finals.

But I like LA in 7, either team would beat the winner of Ana/SJ
    Last edited by kevin13697; 04-12-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Their in the weakest section of the playoff bracket, there is a good chance they make it to the Western Conference Finals.

But I like LA in 7, either team would beat the winner of Ana/SJ
    Give me some of what you’re smoking.

doughty and muzzin out for game 2 la could be in trouble.

if washington does not bounce back in a big way for game 2 they are in trouble.

toronto is done with the talent boston has and if the refs allow boston to play that type of game. I am not saying that boston is really doing major things its the little clutching and grabbing the subtle small things that get called by some let go by other refs. no i am not a leafs fan, to further clarify i am talking about the stuff that boston fans call good plays, that leafs fans will freak out and say should be a penalty and a neutral fan sees it both ways could be called or could be let go.

NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post

toronto is done with the talent boston has and if the refs allow boston to play that type of game. I am not saying that boston is really doing major things its the little clutching and grabbing the subtle small things that get called by some let go by other refs. no i am not a leafs fan, to further clarify i am talking about the stuff that boston fans call good plays, that leafs fans will freak out and say should be a penalty and a neutral fan sees it both ways could be called or could be let go.
    I really have no idea what you saw tbh. I’m a Boston fan so maybe I’m biased, but if anything I think they let A LOT go for Toronto... they tried way too hard to get under the bruins skin and it backfired...

Also **** Nazem Kadri... that should be 3 games at least... I thought the first board was dirty, the second one was an egregious intent to injure

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I didn't see much of that from the B's. I saw Toronto grabbing a lot of stick and 2-3 times they knock sticks out of players hands and there were no call....well until Boston did it. That's a Babcock team though, they are masters of holding sticks when in close.

I do think that TOR got screwed on the first Wingles hit though. It looks bad, but IMO he hit him from the side and it was just unfortunate where they were when the hit happened. The second targeted hit by Kadri though was disgusting and there is no place in hockey for that.

To follow that (btw this last paragraph isn't really directed at you lol)

Now before someone goes with the old and worn out, "you can't talk because you have Brad Marchand" STOP!! I don't condone Marchand's dirty hits and I thought he should have been suspended for a lot longer for his last incident. In fact all "real" Bruins fans feel that way and those that defend his action are either a child or a troll.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I didn't see much of that from the B's. I saw Toronto grabbing a lot of stick and 2-3 times they knock sticks out of players hands and there were no call....well until Boston did it. That's a Babcock team though, they are masters of holding sticks when in close.

I do think that TOR got screwed on the first Wingles hit though. It looks bad, but IMO he hit him from the side and it was just unfortunate where they were when the hit happened. The second targeted hit by Kadri though was disgusting and there is no place in hockey for that.

To follow that (btw this last paragraph isn't really directed at you lol)

Now before someone goes with the old and worn out, "you can't talk because you have Brad Marchand" STOP!! I don't condone Marchand's dirty hits and I thought he should have been suspended for a lot longer for his last incident. In fact all "real" Bruins fans feel that way and those that defend his action are either a child or a troll.
    Well said, though I disagree on the first Kadri hit. He still hit him in a defenseless state. Wingels has no chance of seeing him coming the way it happened.

I also think Toronto got away with a few lazy calls by the refs... the goal that wasn’t by Schaller (game was over already, but that shouldn’t have been blown dead...), and the “icing” that led to their goal 40 seconds later that was waved off AFTER McQuaid had touched the puck... I really didn’t see a hole lot that the bruins “got away” with last night. I do think the first goal is off sides, but Toronto easily could’ve challenged that.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Well said, though I disagree on the first Kadri hit. He still hit him in a defenseless state. Wingels has no chance of seeing him coming the way it happened.

I also think Toronto got away with a few lazy calls by the refs... the goal that wasn’t by Schaller (game was over already, but that shouldn’t have been blown dead...), and the “icing” that led to their goal 40 seconds later that was waved off AFTER McQuaid had touched the puck... I really didn’t see a hole lot that the bruins “got away” with last night. I do think the first goal is off sides, but Toronto easily could’ve challenged that.

I could see both sides of the first Wingels hit. Like I said, if it wasn't near the boards then I don't think its an issue. The way he went down and smashed his face off the boards was the deciding factor in it.

The Schaller non-goal sucked, but from the refs vantage point he couldn't see it anymore. Was it kind of a quick whistle? ya, but like you said the game was over at that point.

The icing things I agree on. The plays happened within minutes of each other and looked very similar, yet one was icing and one wasn't.
    "The Next Generation"

what your talking about with toronto is the kind of thing i saw with boston. its all debatable from both sides

both the hits were bad the second one by kadri was absolutely a 5 gamer but will probably be less do to playoffs (not that its right to do that because of playoffs).

as for the marchand is a dirty player crap he is pos who should not be in the game and just because he does it doesnt make it right for other to do it to bostons players either. Marchand is not the only player that should be booted from the game either he is a repeated offender though, who doesnt seem to learn from past mistakes.

what your talking about with toronto is the kind of thing i saw with boston. its all debatable from both sides

both the hits were bad the second one by kadri was absolutely a 5 gamer but will probably be less do to playoffs (not that its right to do that because of playoffs).

as for the marchand is a dirty player crap he is pos who should not be in the game and just because he does it doesnt make it right for other to do it to bostons players either. Marchand is not the only player that should be booted from the game either he is a repeated offender though, who doesnt seem to learn from past mistakes.
    He's similar to Kadri in that he's good to pop his top and cross the line once a year. Guy is a elite talent, but just can't seem to go a full season without an incident.
    "The Next Generation"

Kadri is a stupid hockey player. Based on his interviews, he seems like a stupid moron in general.

Doughty being out (bs suspension by the way) to go along with Muzzin and Forbort really hurts. But I can see LA pulling it out. 69 hits last game. They are going to wear Vegas out.

As for the perennial playoff choking Capitals, I think they are in trouble anyway. I think Columbus is better.

Look for a big response by the Flyers tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Kadri is a stupid hockey player. Based on his interviews, he seems like a stupid moron in general.

Doughty being out (bs suspension by the way) to go along with Muzzin and Forbort really hurts. But I can see LA pulling it out. 69 hits last game. They are going to wear Vegas out.

As for the perennial playoff choking Capitals, I think they are in trouble anyway. I think Columbus is better.

Look for a big response by the Flyers tonight as well.
    Your the one smoking something, Washington has a better team than Columbus

Holtby should be starting rather than Grubauer
    Last edited by kevin13697; 04-14-2018 at 09:16 AM.

ya horrible reffing and cheap shot on letang. jesus he doesnt need help getting hurt

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast