2 66.67%
  • Split 2-2

0 0%
  • Series loss 1-3

0 0%
  • Swept 0-4

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    That was a terrible performance in San Diego. The only game they won, was the one I was at.

Now I get to go to Dbacks Giants and watch a vastly superior team run circles around the giants. At least it's a free ticket and I get to see Cueto.

The lineup is stale and stagnant. No life to it. Something's sapping the energy. Maybe Bochy has outlived his usefulness. The players have tuned him out, and underachieving. He's sticking to a geriatric analog lineup in which the game isn't that anymore. Management will play the patience game, while hot bats in Sac cool down (Mac & Slater).

At least the minor league affiliates are all winning this year, unlike last.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Dyson didn't suck last year. He got hit early, and late, but in between he was dominant.

He needs to be shelfed, but I still think we should keep him. Feels like the relievers go through waves where they are dominant, and then crappy. Guerrin just did that.
    He was not dominant. The results were good for about 20 innings. But his peripherals were still terrible.

He was not worth 4.5 mil though to a cash strapped team against the tax.

Speaking of a total waste for a cash strapped team, what the hell is up with Melancon? Wasn't he going to be out for a week or two in the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Speaking of a total waste for a cash strapped team, what the hell is up with Melancon? Wasn't he going to be out for a week or two in the beginning of the season.
    I believe I read that he's going to start throwing this week or next.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    He was not dominant. The results were good for about 20 innings. But his peripherals were still terrible.

I think Dyson was so bad with Texas the Giants figured he couldn't get much worse. Was an opportunistic move to add some BP help more than anything else.

And I agree he sucked. Gave up HR's at times, pitched meh at other times. No loss if he got traded.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I think Dyson was so bad with Texas the Giants figured he couldn't get much worse. Was an opportunistic move to add some BP help more than anything else.

And I agree he sucked. Gave up HR's at times, pitched meh at other times. No loss if he got traded.
    Dyson was picked up because Melancon was hurt, Law was struggling and Strickland did poorly in save opportunities; as did Kontos.

We probably don't have much of a need for him anymore. But I don't think Giants will let him go given they are paying him 4.5 million or whatever it is. I can see them using him in non-pressured/big innings and go from there. He maybe one of those slow starters type dudes that figures it out in may/june. Or he's just done. Either way, i think he has a relatively long leash given his salary/ past experience to close in case Strickland struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post

From June 13 to Sept 23... granted its a 3 month window but ignores his first appearances we he got hit, and the last two of the year where he got hit...

Dyson was 3-2 with 14 saves, 1 blown save, 1 hold. His ERA was 2.45, he had a WHIP of 1.01. 25 K's in 36 2/3 IP.

I'll take that. That includes a game in early sept where he pitched 1/3 IP and gave up 5, which I'm guessing bochy just let him suffer through it.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789