Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have my concerns bc playoffs basketball 'slows down' and teams will make adjustment. Not having Embiid for Game 1 worries me and Spoelstra is a good coach with plenty of playoffs experienced. Having said all this I like the Sixers in 6 Games. Let's Go!!

Markelle Fultz's per 36 after his return (10 games):

16.3 pts, 9.9 ast, 7.3 reb, 2.2 stl

Also, Sixers +63 in 167 minutes with him on the court

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    I guess I'm not really that worried about this series. Miami has been average since mid January when they were 26-18. Actually a little below average.They don't really have anyone on that team that scares me in a close game. They have a couple of bad losses lately to NYK and Brooklyn. Their offense is the worst among playoff teams. And they don't have a matchup advantage unless at center if Embiid isn't playing. I wasn't really nervous about any of our potential playoff matchups but this is the one I was least nervous about.
    Wade doesn’t scare you in a close game? That’s pretty confident. He scares me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok so I've been thinking about the matchups here:
    Simmons on Dragic
    Redick on TJohnson
    Cov on Richardson
    Saric on JJohnson
    Embiid/Johnson on Whiteside

I would work my rotation so Covington is also in there when Wayne Ellington is in there. Put Cov on Ellington to limit him. I would use Fultz on Wade. Fultz, IMO is one of the few guys we have that's well equipped to work Wade hard on the defensive end. Let Belli take Winslow if he plays. I would go small ball when Bam is in, but not when Olynyk is in. When Olynyk is in, we need Johnson (When Embiid is playing) because Johnson can really bang with him and make Olynyk work. Other than that, sprinkle in some Illy, but that's how short of a bench I would go with. Anderson, TJ, Holmes....only use if absolutely needed.
    Wade is soooo savvy. He’ll have Markelle in foul trouble in two minutes. Cov on Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    im with you on all of this except the we need Amir to bang with KO. We need someone to defend him on the perimeter.
    Ersan can bang pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Wade doesn’t scare you in a close game? That’s pretty confident. He scares me to death.
    Not really. Outside of that one game when he went off like that what else did he do. His first game against us (the comeback game w/out Embiid) he missed two shots at the end of that game that would have given Miami the lead and win. So no Wade doesn't scare me. This isn't 2011. And even if he finds the fountain of youth in this series, depending on Wade in a 7 game series is a recipe for disaster.

you cant judge a single game like that, not with Wade. hes a HOFer and we need to make sure he doesnt take over bucz that gets the whole team up and when hes on hes on with the best.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

you cant judge a single game like that, not with Wade. hes a HOFer and we need to make sure he doesnt take over bucz that gets the whole team up and when hes on hes on with the best.
    Didn't judge him on a single game. I said 'Outside of that one game when he went off like that what else did he do'. That's not judging him on a single game. I mentioned the game against us as an example that he didn't get it done. Would you like other examples from other games because I can bring those up as well.

And who cares if he's a HOF. He's not the player he once was and if you are relying on him to carry you for a 7 game series you are in serious trouble.

you can bring up all the examples you want but youre still wrong. Wade is the only player on that team with takeover ability. we all know hes not the same Wade he was even 5 years ago but stop acting like we dont have to worry about him, we do.

Good luck fellas, sorry we're going to have to take you all to the W club but it's nothing personal!

As for the Wade discussion do your research from his playoffs with the Heat just 2 years ago. Was the clutchest player in the league offensively and defensively through the 1st 2 rounds. GOATs do GOAT things.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

you can bring up all the examples you want but youre still wrong. Wade is the only player on that team with takeover ability. we all know hes not the same Wade he was even 5 years ago but stop acting like we dont have to worry about him, we do.
    Lol at this guy telling me I'm wrong. R-e-l-a-x. It's my opinion and some facts. What other games did Wade take over since he's been back in Miami or had a big impact besides that one game? Wade is not a concern to me. He obviously is to you so you worry about him. I won't. Now move on.
    Last edited by bootsy; 04-13-2018 at 12:00 PM.

ok continue to be ignorant and think regular season Wade is the same as playoffs. i think Miami wins 2 games and at least 1 one them will be him carrying them.
    R-e-l-a-x

ok continue to be ignorant and think regular season Wade is the same as playoffs. i think Miami wins 2 games and at least 1 one them will be him carrying them.

Define “carrying them.” Hitting some clutch baskets in the 4th quarter in a close game? Ok. Definitely possible. But carrying them as a primary weapon for a full game? I don’t know man. He seems barely capable of scoring more than 20 points in a game to be honest. And besides a decent scoring night every once in a while, he seems pretty non existent in how he impacts the rest of the game. Unless he’s really just been purposely not trying in the regular season at all so he can explode in the playoffs lol. But that seems unlikely.

Analyzing the match up, there are a lot of other more important factors for Miami’s success than what Wade is going to do against us. How they strategically guard Ben Simmons and how Ben adjusts is the biggest factor to me. Or how the shifts with Richardson/Winslow/Johnson rotating do on us. Which Whiteside is going to show up. Etc. My fear of Wade is low on the list of priorities.

yes carry them as in hit all the big shots to keep them in it and even win a game, like he is the main reason throughout the game. i think he prob has 1 one those in him, not much more. Limit turnvoers and make free throws are gonna be are deciding factor i think.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast