Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team will win the NBA Finals?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston

2 14.29%
  • Toronto

0 0%
  • Golden State

7 50.00%
  • Boston

0 0%
  • Portland

0 0%
  • Philadelphia

3 21.43%
  • Oklahoma City

0 0%
  • Cleveland

0 0%
  • Utah

0 0%
  • Indiana

0 0%
  • New Orleans

0 0%
  • Miami

2 14.29%
  • San Antonio

0 0%
  • Milwaukee

0 0%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • Washington

0 0%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No need to feed the troll.
    Yeah.......when is this guy leaving for that other website again? He's like the drunk at the end of the bar that says he's quitting the sauce every once in awhile but he's back within' days.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 04-15-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah.......when is this guy leaving for that other website again? He's like the drunk at the end of the bar that says he's quitting the sauce every once in awhile but he's back within' days.
    Crazy new internet invention where they're letting you visit multiple sites... Sometimes even at once! The future man. Cute how shook you get though.

@Scoots, just because you're part of the congregate that gets mocked, does not make it a troll. Feel free to point out what facet of my posts you think is trolling though. All ears buddy.
    Last edited by tredigs; 04-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Predictions:

Raptors over Wizards in 6
    Boston over Milwaukee in 7
    Heat over 6ers in 7
    Pacers over Cavs in 6

Rockets over T'wolves in 7
    Warriors over Spurs in 5
    Thunder over Jazz in 5
    Blazers over Pelicans in 7

2nd Round:

Raptors over Pacers in 7
    Heat over Celtics in 7

Rockets over Thunder in 7
    Warriors over Portland in 5

Conference:

Raptors over Heat in 6
    Houston over Warriors in 7

Finals:

Houston over Toronto in 6

... So I can see after day 1, that most of my predictions are probably gonna be way off
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Predictions:

Raptors over Wizards in 6
    Boston over Milwaukee in 7
    Heat over 6ers in 7
    Pacers over Cavs in 6

Rockets over T'wolves in 7
    Warriors over Spurs in 5
    Thunder over Jazz in 5
    Blazers over Pelicans in 7

2nd Round:

Raptors over Pacers in 7
    Heat over Celtics in 7

Rockets over Thunder in 7
    Warriors over Portland in 5

Conference:

Raptors over Heat in 6
    Houston over Warriors in 7

Finals:

Houston over Toronto in 6

... So I can see after day 1, that most of my predictions are probably gonna be way off
    Mine

Houston 4, Minny 0
    OKC 4, Utah 2
    Portland 4, New Orleans 2
    GS 4, SAS 1

Toronto 4, Washington 3
    Cleveland 4, IND 1
    Philly 4, Miami 1
    Boston 4, Milwaukee 3

Houston 4, OKC 1
    GS 4, Porltand 0

Cleveland 4, Toronto 2
    Philly 4, Boston 1

GS 4, Houston 3
    Cleveland 4, Philly 2

GS 4, Cleveland 2

So...Same boat.

I'm doing a scoring system with some buddies, who all turned in brackets.

You get 3 points for a first round accurate prediction, and you get 2 additional points for predicting the right number of games, and 1 point if you were one game off.

So for example, if you said Houston over Minnesota in 5 games, and the Rockets win in 4, you get 4 points. If they win in 5, you get 5 points, if they win in 6, you get 4 points, if they win in 7, you get 3 points.

The scoring doubles in round 2, you get 6 points for getting the team right. Goes to 10 points if you get round 3 right, and you get 15 points for predicting the Finals winner.

Meanwhile, the number of games continues to give you bonus points.

As of now:

I have Houston right. I need OKC to win their round and only lose once more.
    I need Portland to sweep their way to victory
    I need SAS to win game 4 and lose game 5
    Washington can win 2 more games, but Toronto needs to win out
    I need Cleveland to sweep the Pacers from this point forward
    Philly to win their next 2
    And I need Boston and Milwaukee to go 7

I'm in real trouble if the Pacers beat the Cavs, because I have them in the Finals. But damn, I was probably way wrong on them now that I'm seeing how they are playing. Bron is in trouble against good teams. He could still will his way there, but I think it's pretty unlikely at this point.

I'm starting to think Houston might be the team to beat overall.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 04-21-2018 at 01:19 PM.

The East has no sweeps and the West has 3 potential sweeps. That fits the narrative that the West is top heavy, except the lower seed is ahead in one of the West series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The East has no sweeps and the West has 3 potential sweeps. That fits the narrative that the West is top heavy, except the lower seed is ahead in one of the West series.
    The east also has one lower seed ahead.

But I think here would be the narrative I build (I know after yesterday things have changed some):
    The west has the better top, with one weak team mixed in. The bottom of the west may have a few overrated teams mixed in with it. We got one west team lower because of the absence of a player, while one of the top teams got there because of the absence of said player. Despite the west being talked about as so go, it's really still a 2 team race.

The east is a 'thicker' conference in the middle. The east is going to have it's doubters because of injuries effect, but the 2-8 seeds in the east are closer matched. Despite not being as 'quality' as the west, the east's playoffs have the potential to be more exciting because you got a larger number of teams that could make a run in the playoffs and get deep.

I really think the East v West thing tends to get overblown. The East isn't that bad, the West isn't that great. The true disparity right now lies in that the top of the West is better than the top of the East, but the 'core' of the East is better than the 'core' of the West. Granted there's still a lot of other issues with the East, that I won't deny. I've covered it a few times.

PROCESSING

TBH a team like Denver would challenge for a spot in the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The east also has one lower seed ahead.

But I think here would be the narrative I build (I know after yesterday things have changed some):
    The west has the better top, with one weak team mixed in. The bottom of the west may have a few overrated teams mixed in with it. We got one west team lower because of the absence of a player, while one of the top teams got there because of the absence of said player. Despite the west being talked about as so go, it's really still a 2 team race.

The east is a 'thicker' conference in the middle. The east is going to have it's doubters because of injuries effect, but the 2-8 seeds in the east are closer matched. Despite not being as 'quality' as the west, the east's playoffs have the potential to be more exciting because you got a larger number of teams that could make a run in the playoffs and get deep.

I really think the East v West thing tends to get overblown. The East isn't that bad, the West isn't that great. The true disparity right now lies in that the top of the West is better than the top of the East, but the 'core' of the East is better than the 'core' of the West. Granted there's still a lot of other issues with the East, that I won't deny. I've covered it a few times.
    What's "thicker" about the East? A team with PG and Westbrook and Adams is going to lose in the first round to this imposing Jazz squad, and the Pels have been playing like world beaters the past few months. Also consider that San Antonio is playing without a top 5 player in the league (I suppose we will see if and where he moves... But somehow I don't think it's East). The West has both significantly more talent, it has the best teams, and it has the best "pretenders" to make the Finals (Utah and New Orleans). Hell both those teams would probably come out of the East.

There should be a LOT of dudes eating crow about Anthony Davis right now, when I've been arguing for the past few years that he shouldn't be blamed for the Pelicans lack of playoff appearances and success.

But I doubt they say anything.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    There should be a LOT of dudes eating crow about Anthony Davis right now, when I've been arguing for the past few years that he shouldn't be blamed for the Pelicans lack of playoff appearances and success.

Yeah. I'm eating that crow. What I like most about AD is his composure and mental toughness. Very even keeled, doesn't get rattled.flustered good or bad. Guys like Kat and Jokic aren't really close in that department IMO.

I don't feel bad about thinking that it's harder for bigs to control a game offensively though. The chemistry and cohesiveness of the Pelicans right now is bringing out the best out of AD. With DMC's usage going to better play-makers the ball/team is in a better position for everyone. Difference between AD and DMC is AD is quick decision maker, he doesn't really stall an offense. I think the Pelicans offense is flowing better without DMC. I still think DMC is a usable and highly effective player in the right system/context though and could contribute to a elite team.

AD can be inconsistent, to be honest. He has been fantastic the past few months though, and his D is the best it's been. He also had huge injury concerns that he has shut the door on the past two seasons. That was by far his biggest issue. He's going to give the Warriors hell in round 2.

It's crazy, all he needs as a play maker like Rajon Rondo, and he's set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's crazy, all he needs as a play maker like Rajon Rondo, and he's set.
    He literally has that, so, championship?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He literally has that, so, championship?
    Unfortunately, there are also other great players and teams out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Unfortunately, there are also other great players and teams out there.
    Right, so he needs more than "all he needs". Roger.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast