Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    Completely outplayed tonight if not for Rask this one would be 6-2 , utter garbage
    LMFAO! Don't you mean if Rask they would have won?! Again, Rask can't come up with a big save when they need it most. Completely leaves the whole right side of the net open, plays too deep in his crease, and down his knees. Too many Rask homers here.

You guys love to point to goalie statistics, but they are totally reflective of the team you put in front of the goalie. Time and again Rask fails to make that 1 or 2 extra saves. Andersen, an average NHL goaltender, completely outplayed him tonight. Sometimes I wonder if this forum is watching the same goaltender everybody else is.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    LMFAO! Don't you mean if Rask they would have won?! Again, Rask can't come up with a big save when they need it most. Completely leaves the whole right side of the net open, plays too deep in his crease, and down his knees. Too many Rask homers here.

You guys love to point to goalie statistics, but they are totally reflective of the team you put in front of the goalie. Time and again Rask fails to make that 1 or 2 extra saves. Andersen, an average NHL goaltender, completely outplayed him tonight. Sometimes I wonder if this forum is watching the same goaltender everybody else is.
    Sometimes it’s better to just let everyone think you’re an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it

Rask was completely under fire all night , the d was totally outplayed in front of him and the offense couldn’t generate any sustained zone time to give him a break . If not for him the game was over midway through the second . Toronto could have easily had 2-3 more goals

Hopefully, we win the next two.

Home ice but now the Bruins have to answer can't let 'em even the series up or the first two wins lose the impact of how impressive they were.

You realize these two statements contradict each other right?

Basically what you're saying is that if I point out that Rask had 4GA last night (that's a stat), its a reflection of the team in front of him and not him, right?

NVM based on the quote in your sig I can tell you think very highly of yourself lol. Stick to baseball, because your lack of hockey knowledge showed immensely in this post. You're more than welcome to respond back, but odds are I'll read it, laugh at you and move along.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Lol, solid post. **FART NOISE**

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Rask is a frustrating goalie to say the least. some nights he looks elite, and some nights he looks blah. My pop is one that thinks he only does good because of the defense in front of him . . . I think Rask is still one of the 10 best goalies in the league. I don't think it was Rask that lost last night. It was a losing effort by the whole team. I said TOR was going to come out and play their best game in a while, and they did. The hard part is waiting until Thursday to play again, especially on the road. I hope Gryz comes back for game 4. They got beat, it happens. I'm not worried until TOR has a 3 in their win column . . . The B's are still the better team through and through.

Playoff Thread: Boston Bruins (50-20-12) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (49-26-7)

Rask has 1 goal where I give him a little responsibility on (the 2nd Marleau goal). Toronto played a nearly perfect hockey game last night... Anderson was unbelievable, if not for him the bruins win. Ffs its not on Rask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Rask is a frustrating goalie to say the least. some nights he looks elite, and some nights he looks blah. My pop is one that thinks he only does good because of the defense in front of him . . . I think Rask is still one of the 10 best goalies in the league. I don't think it was Rask that lost last night. It was a losing effort by the whole team. I said TOR was going to come out and play their best game in a while, and they did. The hard part is waiting until Thursday to play again, especially on the road. I hope Gryz comes back for game 4. They got beat, it happens. I'm not worried until TOR has a 3 in their win column . . . The B's are still the better team through and through.
    This is what I don't get about folks that complain about Rask. He's only as good as the defense in front of him, but when the team has a bad game its his fault. People can't have it both ways. If Rask is only as good as the defense in front of him then it was the defenses fault, right?

Just funny how the Anti-Rask crowd conveniently likes to say he's only as good as his defense, but then they want to pin every loss on him and ignore the defense
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Oh my, this was a bad post.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    This is what I don't get about folks that complain about Rask. He's only as good as the defense in front of him, but when the team has a bad game its his fault. People can't have it both ways. If Rask is only as good as the defense in front of him then it was the defenses fault, right?

Just funny how the Anti-Rask crowd conveniently likes to say he's only as good as his defense, but then they want to pin every loss on him and ignore the defense
    Stop trying to make sense... the anti-Rask bunch (ala Joe haggerty, aka worst reporter of all time) don’t take too well to “making sense”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Do fans who say Tuukka is only as good as the defense, realize our defense is pretty average? Of course we have Chara and McAvoy, but Chara is old and McAvoy is far from his prime. Krug is elite offensively but not good defensively. Then the rest of the guys are just average 3rd pairing defenders.

Lets not also forget, Tuukka faces the tougher opponents while khudobin ussually plays against poor teams to give tuukka rest.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Also for all the Tuukka haters, he is 2nd all time in save percentage to only Hasek.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

The only goal I didn't care for was the one against Marleau where it was a 2-on-1 and Rask just overplayed it and gave Marleau a lot of net to the right (if you're looking at it from PM's POV). Wait a minute..... 2-on-1..... huh.

Rask was not the issue last night. The defense wasn't very good. Lots of lackadaisical play. Also, way too many bad pinches and odd man rushes.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast