Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft 2018

Mock Draft 2018

With all the rumors of what the Patriots will do with their early plethora of picks, I thought this would be fun to kinda see what everybody thinks. Which direction do you think we go? List your mock drafts, and if you think we trade picks, include that also.

Okay I'll take a shot at looking foolish...
    23.Kolton Miller
    31.Josh Jackson (the ol' Ferentz connection)
    43.Lorenzo Carter
    63.Kyle Lauletta(if he is around,if not Duke Ejiofor)
    95.Dalton Schultz
    198.Marcel Frazier
    210.LaVon Coleman
    219,JaMarcus King

I'd like to see OT and LB addressed with our first two picks. I'd love Leighton Vander Esch at 23 but he may not be there. I see some talented CB's dropping in some mocks, which I'd be fine with as well. Kolton Miller would also be in play at 23 but would be nice at 31. I'd love to see Leighton Vander Esch at 23 and Kolton Miller at 31. Might not be possible though.

43 seems like a good spot to take a talent that might have slipped down. Maybe a guy like Mike Hughes, Rashaan Evans, Sam Hubbard.. Sometimes these talented players slip for one reason or another. 63 I'd take Luke Falk and hopes hes our next QB.

I agree with bangcock with Shultz at 95. A TE that can block right away and should offer some more catches then Allen with work. I'd use the last three on depth picks. And edge rusher project, Line depth, WR depth ect ect.

23. Rashaan Evans

31. Trade
    I think we could trade with Arizona, LAC, or Detroit. I think if we pass on Rudolph, I can see them trying to move in. I don’t think either of them will pay the steep price to move up to the NYG or Denver pick. I can also see Detroit passing on a RB with their first pick, and then moving up if Guice or Sony is still there. I’ll go with Arizona, 47 & 79 for 31.

43. Josh Jackson
    47. Jarmarco Jones or Orlando Brown
    (If Miller is gone)
    63. Kyle Lauletta
    (if he’s gone Hayden Hurst)
    95. Chad Thomas......But try to trade this pick for maybe a late 4th & 5th
    198. Deon Cain
    210. Kerryon Johnson / Mark Walton / Nyheim Hines
    219. Tony Adams

My off the wall mock draft that totally won't happen...But in the back of your mind it may not be so crazy...

1. Browns – Sam Darnold – QB
    2. Giants – Saquon Barkley – RB
    3. Jets – Josh Allen – QB
    4. (Trade) Bills (via CLE) – Josh Rosen – QB
    *Bills Trade #12, #56 and a 2019 first to CLE for #4
    5. Broncos – Denzel Ward – CB
    6. Colts – Bradley Chubb – DE
    7. Bucs – Derwin James – DB
    8. Bears - Quenton Nelson – G
    9. 49ers – Tremaine Edmunds – LB
    10. Raiders – Roquan Smith – LB
    11. Dolphins – Calvin Ridley – WR
    12. Browns (via BUF) – Mike McGlinchey – T
    13. Redskins – Vita Vea – DT
    14. (Trade) Patriots – Baker Mayfield - QB
    *Patriots trade #31, #43, #198, #210 and a 2019 3rd for #14, #133
    15. Cardinals – Minkah Fitzpatrick – DB
    16. Ravens – Courtland Sutton – WR
    17. Chargers – Mason Rudolph - QB
    18. Seahawks – Mike Hughes - CB
    19. Cowboys – Marcus Davenport – DE
    20. Lions – Harold Landry – DE
    21. Bengals – James Daniels – C
    22. Bills – Maurice Hurst – DT
    23. Patriots – Leighton Vander Esch – LB
    24. Panthers – Christian Kirk – WR
    25. Titans – Billy Price – C
    26. Falcons – Tavon Bryan – DT
    27. Saints – Hayden Hurst – TE
    28. Steelers – Rashaan Evans – LB
    29. Jaguars – D.J Moore – WR
    30. Vikings – Connor Williams – T
    31. Packers – Josh Jackson – CB
    32. Eagles – Tyrell Crosby – T

Trade – Rob Gronkowski to CLE for #33 and David Njoku
    #33 Kolton Miller - OT
    #63 Mike Gesicki - TE
    #95 Kerryon Johnson - RB
    #133 Braxton Berrios - WR
    #219 Daniel Carlson – K

Round 1
    Mayfield drops and BB pounces. Mayfield has "McDaniels guy" written all over him. BB loves production and guys who work hard. Mayfield checks all the boxes. He doesn't have the prototypical measurements of a franchise QB but this is no longer the way of the NFL. Mayfield fits the "New NFL" better than any QB in this draft class and he's produced more than any QB in this draft class. The price tag to move up to #14 is minimal comparative to what these other teams have been traded for top of the draft QB's in recent years. A QB of the future is needed, we have the draft capital, the 5th year option will be huge down the road (it's not going to make it out of the next CBA either) and he fits what McDaniels wants to do. If he falls...The Patriots will be watching.

Leighton Vander Esch. I think by now most on this board are sick of my drooling over Leighton so I won't go off on another tangent. LB is a huge need and LVE has huge upside. He can play any LB position. He's a steal at #23.

Round 2
    Say your goodbyes to Gronk. A tumultuous offseason and an offer BB can't refuse leads to Gronks departure. CLE flush with picks and a craving to make major moves this offseason pounces at the opportunity to land one of the NFL's biggest names. They give up a high pick but they've already picked twice up to this point and pick again at #35. They can afford the loss for the potential massive gain. Njoku is no longer needed with Gronk in place and BB gets a viable replacement and a very nice pick - which leads him to draft the best remaining OT on the board and a match made in heaven for the Patriots OL. Kolton Miller is an athletic LT who has upside and little downside. He's a safe pick that fills our top need.

At #63 BB doubles down and grabs another TE to help fill the black hole left by Gronk. Neither Njoku or Gesiki will ever be what Gronk was (nobody will) but they're capable receiving targets for Brady (and Mayfield looking forward)

Round 3 we snag a RB who can do it all, he can catch, run, hit the long run and run between the tackles.

Round 4 We add a WR to a deep group and a mighty promising slot WR to groom behind Jules and possibly replace Dola in the short term.

Lastly, goodbye Ghost. It's been a fun road. You've been great but you're no longer reliable in the big moment and we can't be paying you $5M a year.

If we hauled in something like this....I'd be very happy.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 04-11-2018 at 06:03 AM.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    My off the wall mock draft that totally won't happen...But in the back of your mind it may not be so crazy...

1. Browns – Sam Darnold – QB
    2. Giants – Saquon Barkley – RB
    3. Jets – Josh Allen – QB
    4. (Trade) Bills (via CLE) – Josh Rosen – QB
    *Bills Trade #12, #56 and a 2019 first to CLE for #4
    5. Broncos – Denzel Ward – CB
    6. Colts – Bradley Chubb – DE
    7. Bucs – Derwin James – DB
    8. Bears - Quenton Nelson – G
    9. 49ers – Tremaine Edmunds – LB
    10. Raiders – Roquan Smith – LB
    11. Dolphins – Calvin Ridley – WR
    12. Browns (via BUF) – Mike McGlinchey – T
    13. Redskins – Vita Vea – DT
    14. (Trade) Patriots – Baker Mayfield - QB
    *Patriots trade #31, #43, #198, #210 and a 2019 3rd for #14, #133
    15. Cardinals – Minkah Fitzpatrick – DB
    16. Ravens – Courtland Sutton – WR
    17. Chargers – Mason Rudolph - QB
    18. Seahawks – Mike Hughes - CB
    19. Cowboys – Marcus Davenport – DE
    20. Lions – Harold Landry – DE
    21. Bengals – James Daniels – C
    22. Bills – Maurice Hurst – DT
    23. Patriots – Leighton Vander Esch – LB
    24. Panthers – Christian Kirk – WR
    25. Titans – Billy Price – CVik
    26. Falcons – Tavon Bryan – DT
    27. Saints – Hayden Hurst – TE
    28. Steelers – Rashaan Evans – LB
    29. Jaguars – D.J Moore – WR
    30. Vikings – Connor Williams – T
    31. Packers – Josh Jackson – CB
    32. Eagles – Tyrell Crosby – T

Trade – Rob Gronkowski to CLE for #33 and David Njoku
    #33 Kolton Miller - OT
    #63 Mike Gesicki - TE
    #95 Kerryon Johnson - RB
    #133 Braxton Berrios - WR
    #219 Daniel Carlson – K

Round 1
    Mayfield drops and BB pounces. Mayfield has "McDaniels guy" written all over him. BB loves production and guys who work hard. Mayfield checks all the boxes. He doesn't have the prototypical measurements of a franchise QB but this is no longer the way of the NFL. Mayfield fits the "New NFL" better than any QB in this draft class and he's produced more than any QB in this draft class. The price tag to move up to #14 is minimal comparative to what these other teams have been traded for top of the draft QB's in recent years. A QB of the future is needed, we have the draft capital, the 5th year option will be huge down the road (it's not going to make it out of the next CBA either) and he fits what McDaniels wants to do. If he falls...The Patriots will be watching.

Leighton Vander Esch. I think by now most on this board are sick of my drooling over Leighton so I won't go off on another tangent. LB is a huge need and LVE has huge upside. He can play any LB position. He's a steal at #23.

Round 2
    Say your goodbyes to Gronk. A tumultuous offseason and an offer BB can't refuse leads to Gronks departure. CLE flush with picks and a craving to make major moves this offseason pounces at the opportunity to land one of the NFL's biggest names. They give up a high pick but they've already picked twice up to this point and pick again at #35. They can afford the loss for the potential massive gain. Njoku is no longer needed with Gronk in place and BB gets a viable replacement and a very nice pick - which leads him to draft the best remaining OT on the board and a match made in heaven for the Patriots OL. Kolton Miller is an athletic LT who has upside and little downside. He's a safe pick that fills our top need.

At #63 BB doubles down and grabs another TE to help fill the black hole left by Gronk. Neither Njoku or Gesiki will ever be what Gronk was (nobody will) but they're capable receiving targets for Brady (and Mayfield looking forward)

Round 3 we snag a RB who can do it all, he can catch, run, hit the long run and run between the tackles.

Round 4 We add a WR to a deep group and a mighty promising slot WR to groom behind Jules and possibly replace Dola in the short term.

Lastly, goodbye Ghost. It's been a run road. You've been great but you're no longer reliable in the big moment and we can't be paying you $5M a year.

If we hauled in something like this....I'd be very happy.
    I like it!

Trades are gonna happen but I can't predict them so here ya' go with the picks they currently have.

#23 LB Rashaan Evans. Hitter, nose for the ball, pass rush. Beat the Steelers to him.
    #31 OC/OG Billy Price. TOUGH AND NASTY. Thuney or Andrews takes a seat. Brady secretly yells “YAY!”
    #43 RB Sony Michel. Tough with good hands and intangibles. Pro Bowl talent.
    #63 DT Da’Shawn Hand. ‘Bama interior power player. Seymour didn’t have college sacks either
    #95 CB Duke Dawson. A physical and versatile football player added to the mix.
    #198 QB Kurt Benkert. Has an NFL arm and Belichick to teach him the rest
    #210 FS Armani Watts. NFL Body and athleticism with good value here...could go higher.
    #219 WR Justin Watson. Bigger faster combo of Hogan and Amendola.
    Last edited by TKO; 04-15-2018 at 07:25 PM.

I reserve the right to tweak my mock :-) I think Benkert will rise after Lauletta is off the board and I'd move up for him at that point. I think they have their left OT already with Garcia who just needs to add weight...reportedly he's back into the 290s right now and needs another 15-20 Lbs so I'm sticking with Billy Price. Croston is another player they already have that could be a surprise this year too.

I still like Billy Price to upgrade the interior of the O-line but he tore a pec at the Combine so they can probably get him on day two now.

We need to move up for a QB IMO. We aren't ever likely to be in such good position to go get one without sucking for a high pick.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    I still like Billy Price to upgrade the interior of the O-line but he tore a pec at the Combine so they can probably get him on day two now.
    I don't think Price is going to drop much at all,likely goes in the early second round.He is a very good interior prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We need to move up for a QB IMO. We aren't ever likely to be in such good position to go get one without sucking for a high pick.
    Yeah, it's not Marino/Eason/Elway/etc. but it might be the deepest haul of average or better NFL QB's in a 7-10 year period. Allen is the guy I'd most want, but, forget him since he's going top 3.

What we need is a slider or two. Hope BB has deals with several GM's at locations that could make that possible to pull the trigger on. Still, that would be sad because it would deplete the other picks this year (and beyond) if the price is high and I do like to see BB wheel and deal.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yeah, it's not Marino/Eason/Elway/etc. but it might be the deepest haul of average or better NFL QB's in a 7-10 year period. Allen is the guy I'd most want, but, forget him since he's going top 3.

What we need is a slider or two. Hope BB has deals with several GM's at locations that could make that possible to pull the trigger on. Still, that would be sad because it would deplete the other picks this year (and beyond) if the price is high and I do like to see BB wheel and deal.
    What are a couple QBs you’d like to see us get without dealing our picks to move up Bags? Who are some other guys (aside of QBs) that you like?

I think Lauletta will be the Qb choice and they'll take him higher than we think...maybe #43.

He was the Senior Bowl MVP and Jimmy G. played well when he was there so I think the Pats will have to move sooner rather than later.

They might draft with Brady's successor in mind by taking a player like Isaiah Wynn with #23 who projects to OG. He didn't lose a one-on-one battle during Senior Bowl practice from what I read, and the new Qb will need players like that in a couple of years. Mason is a FA in 2019 so it makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast