Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 486 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 7277

Thread: Bias in media

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To me it's not the media that bothers me, it's the people thinking that "their" media isn't biased.
    So? Like I said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,827
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Since it clearly hurts your feelings to hear anyone say anything bad about Trump, I suggest you go to 4chan or breitbart for the reinforcement you clearly need. Maybe check out Alex Jones while you're at it. Don't worry, those are safe spaces
    Yet if you say something bad about Obama on here you got posters all over you...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yet if you say something bad about Obama on here you got posters all over you...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on whether it’s true or not. That’s the key. Making something up is definitely going to illicit a response.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    LOL, here’s a video that makes your post look like the joke that it is.

    https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...311490561?s=20
    And here’s a video that makes your post look like the joke that it is.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJvYdX4GKM

    Please note the use of profanity from the liberal side, also the lack of dignity in not at least hoping for the best, congratulating the winner, wishing him luck, maybe having a let's wait and see attitude, offering any shred of support.

    No, there was no sense of decorum at all. Just whining, and crying from sore losers.

    Also note the condescending attitude that drips off the liberals. The only reason Trump won is because none of his voters knew what they were doing. We were all just too stupid to realize what we were doing.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And here’s a video that makes your post look like the joke that it is.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJvYdX4GKM

    Please note the use of profanity from the liberal side, also the lack of dignity in not at least hoping for the best, congratulating the winner, wishing him luck, maybe having a let's wait and see attitude, offering any shred of support.

    No, there was no sense of decorum at all. Just whining, and crying from sore losers.

    Also note the condescending attitude that drips off the liberals. The only reason Trump won is because none of his voters knew what they were doing. We were all just too stupid to realize what we were doing.
    Slaying strawmen with highlight videos and hyperbole. Everything a forum should be.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Slaying strawmen with highlight videos and hyperbole. Everything a forum should be.
    So someone lays videos on me and that's brilliant.

    I do the same and get your remarks.

    Seems like there's bias in this thread. What a surprise.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So someone lays videos on me and that's brilliant.

    I do the same and get your remarks.

    Seems like there's bias in this thread. What a surprise.
    Comment was for the both of you.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Comment was for the both of you.
    clarity |ˈklerədē|
    noun
    the quality of being clear, in particular:
    • the quality of coherence and intelligibility: for the sake of clarity, each of these strategies is dealt with separately.
    • the quality of being easy to see or hear; sharpness of image or sound: the clarity of the picture.
    • the quality of being certain or definite: it was clarity of purpose that he needed.

    ---Give it a shot

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,676
    The media has an establishment bias. Status quo is teh way to go!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    clarity |ˈklerədē|
    noun
    the quality of being clear, in particular:
    • the quality of coherence and intelligibility: for the sake of clarity, each of these strategies is dealt with separately.
    • the quality of being easy to see or hear; sharpness of image or sound: the clarity of the picture.
    • the quality of being certain or definite: it was clarity of purpose that he needed.

    ---Give it a shot
    Thought it was pretty clear considering you both posted clip videos. Thanks for the definition though, maybe apply it to your arguments. I would imagine that someone so concerned with the literacy and arithmetic abilities of our youth could make a fact based logical argument, perhaps a citation when making outlandish claims. Maybe you could provide the whom, what, where and when of your case. Clarity

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Thought it was pretty clear considering you both posted clip videos. Thanks for the definition though, maybe apply it to your arguments. I would imagine that someone so concerned with the literacy and arithmetic abilities of our youth could make a fact based logical argument, perhaps a citation when making outlandish claims. Maybe you could provide the whom, what, where and when of your case. Clarity
    Try this one

    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...t-math/281983/

    And in the interest of clarity…enlarge the chart and note that almost all of the countries at the top of the list have few immigrants. Also in the interest of clarity…I'n not saying they have no immigrants, I'm pointing out that they are countries that are not known for immigration.

    If you goole American Education compared to the rest of the world you will see many articles (eve3n one or two complimenting our system).

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And here’s a video that makes your post look like the joke that it is.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJvYdX4GKM

    Please note the use of profanity from the liberal side, also the lack of dignity in not at least hoping for the best, congratulating the winner, wishing him luck, maybe having a let's wait and see attitude, offering any shred of support.

    No, there was no sense of decorum at all. Just whining, and crying from sore losers.

    Also note the condescending attitude that drips off the liberals. The only reason Trump won is because none of his voters knew what they were doing. We were all just too stupid to realize what we were doing.
    ???

    Your post was about Fox News, which I called out. Nice deflection.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,442
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Depends on whether it’s true or not. That’s the key. Making something up is definitely going to illicit a response.
    but making up something about Trump is totally fine.
    nothing has been out of bounds by the media against Trump. I've gone over multiple different things the media has focused on in covering Trump.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Try this one

    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...t-math/281983/

    And in the interest of clarity…enlarge the chart and note that almost all of the countries at the top of the list have few immigrants. Also in the interest of clarity…I'n not saying they have no immigrants, I'm pointing out that they are countries that are not known for immigration.

    If you goole American Education compared to the rest of the world you will see many articles (eve3n one or two complimenting our system).
    Very nice, I appreciate the citation. I’m aware that we have lost ground vs our peers. Our testing has flatlined for 30-40 yrs, which makes it difficult to believe that finding students with basic arithmetic and reading skills are that much harder to find. They are as educated as you/we were.

    http://educationbythenumbers.org/con...tagnating_251/

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    ???

    Your post was about Fox News, which I called out. Nice deflection.
    The discussion started out about bias in media.

    A video was posted showing FOX was biased.

    I posted a video (a counter video???) showing other media was more biased in the other direction. Not top mention vulgar.

    Nice try.

Page 5 of 486 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •