Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 395 of 526 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 7880

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Clearly "my rights" are more important than saving thousands of people's lives.
    YOu haven't told me Mets. How would the US have saved THOUSAND OF PEOPLE'S LIVES? Be specific. Val told me that Trump not downplaying masks would have saved thousands of lives but that is bogus on its surface wince the great majority of folks wore and are wearing masks. Hell, I don't think masks reduce the spread almost at all but I wear the stupid thing because the idiot politician's will arrest or bother me if I don't. And some people get offended if you don't wear them and I don't want to offend sensitive people.

So, what was the solution to eliminating these folks dying since February? Maybe not trusting China not to engage in virus engaging warfare?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    remote schooling wonít educate them like the school you received?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some educational experts and teachers think remote learning has some problems, not to mention the isolation of sitting in front of a monitor by themselves for hours.

I am not for sending kids back to school during a pandemic. I think it highly foolish to gut it out and continue doing what we were doing before this pandemic. Some did and that is why we have 3, OOO death today with more coming.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-11-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Some educational experts and teachers think remote learning has some problems, not to mention the isolation of sitting in front of a monitor by themselves for hours.
    Yep. And the lack of social interaction with their schoolmates has lead to big increases in depression and suicides as well as poorer education. To me, this had lot to do with the unions and lot of their members wanting an easier job with even less accountability for poor teaching performance

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    300,000 people did not die from Covid. Period. Hospitals started putting Covid on the death certificates immediately after the government started paying them for Covid care at a significant profit to them. Truth is that we have no freeking idea have many US citizens have died from Covid. Certainly not hardly any young people and except for some brain dead and criminal jerks like Cuomo and Whitmer and some other stupid Dem mayors and governors killing off people in nursing homes and retirement areas the death count would be much less.
    I've heard that conspiracy theory enough. Yeah the truth is we don't because there was a time we weren't diagnosing or looking for COVID pre mortum and people were dying of it anyways. You can't have it both ways btw. Yes Cuomo putting Covid patients back in nursing homes was a mistake but what does that account for? Maybe 7 or 8% of the total Covid deaths in the US. What happened to the nearly 260,000 or more who died that weren't in NY nursing homes?

There is plenty of evidence that wearing masks reduces the rate of transmission. If you believe something is fake news, it really doesn't matter what that evidence suggests though. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think similarly to how you do and its costing peoples lives. The message had to be consistent from the people in charge in this country and it wasn't. If there was a more concerted effort to trace, test, wear the proper protection, less people would have died. That's evident by countries who handled this in a more diligent manner. They have significantly less deaths or cases per 1000 people.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-11-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: George W. Bush did not personally kill a single US Soldier, but his decision to put them in harms way is responsible for their death. Trump did not personally infect a single person with Covid, but his decision to put them in harms way is responsible for their death.

Second Bolded: If you take out all the deaths from New York... more Americans would still have died as a result of Trump's covid policy than any military engagement since Carter. There's no way around this where Trump's inaction isn't responsible for tens and hundreds of thousands of American lives.

Third Bolded: Yes, it was Sweden's initial strategy. And it was so bad that they literally quit the strategy and admitted it was a failure. Leaving exactly one world leader that still thinks it's a good idea: Trump.

We get it, the party of personal responsibility doesn't want to subject Trump to any personal responsibility for his handling of Covid.

It's a measure of how bad your argument is that the "America first" supporters are now talking about all the dead Iraqis as if they didn't spend the last 4 years going "who cares about Iraqis? It's America first".
    The virus had already reached our shores this time last year, and the policies at the state and local levels (yes including blue states and cities) had as much of an impact as anything Trump did or didn't do.
    NYC actively encouraged people to go out into the streets and to go to movies and festivals, most of the initial nationwide spread started in NYC and spread outward.

If we had Obama as president things likely would have gone the same way. The virus would have come from China, states like NY wouldn't have taken it seriously, then pushed terrible policy that caused a nation wide spread. There is no way to divorce NY from the rest of the country when so much of the initial spread began there and spread out to the rest of the nation.

I do think Trump's response was inadequate, but there really isn't much he could do if states and locals **** around which they did. Honestly we'd probably be over 200k deaths regardless of who are president is because of the way our system is set up.

That's why blaming him doesn't make sense. Unlike blaming Bush and Obama for their foreign policies which they were directly responsible for.

I've heard that conspiracy theory enough. Yeah the truth is we don't because there was a time we weren't diagnosing or looking for COVID pre mortum and people were dying of it anyways. You can't have it both ways btw. Yes Cuomo putting Covid patients back in nursing homes was a mistake but what does that account for? Maybe 7 or 8% of the total Covid deaths in the US. What happened to the nearly 260,000 or more who died that weren't in NY nursing homes?

There is plenty of evidence that wearing masks reduces the rate of transmission. If you believe something is fake news, it really doesn't matter what that evidence suggests though. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think similarly to how you do and its costing peoples lives. The message had to be consistent from the people in charge in this country and it wasn't. If there was a more concerted effort to trace, test, wear the proper protection, less people would have died. That's evident by countries who handled this in a more diligent manner. They have significantly less deaths or cases per 1000 people.
    It wasn't just Cuomo who did it, it happened in NY NY and Penn and also, at the begging Fauci told us not to wear masks. How is that Trumps fault. The early stages of this was a time when mask wearing would have been THE MOST beneficial and we were advised not to do it by Dr. Fauci.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    remote schooling wonít educate them like the school you received?

There is basically no scientific argument for shutting down schools especially elementary schools, and a lot of experts are pointing out the degree to which this is setting back children's educations.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There is basically no scientific argument for shutting down schools especially elementary schools, and a lot of experts are pointing out the degree to which this is setting back children's educations.
    Experts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

My brother says his 5 yr old has been regressing in some ways- remote learning since March so basically his only social interaction has been with his family.

In most schools, the number of kids earning failing grades has noticeably, sometimes drastically increased. Many teachers are now giving incompletes rather than failing kids so they get more time to bring those grades up.

No easy answers, this isn't helping parents either- most of them aren't teachers and most have their own work to do without overseeing their kids all day.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is a good.

All of a sudden, the jackboot crowd, who basically hate education, constantly belittle teachers and staff, and almost always refuse to fund anything related to good schooling across the board, are conveniently hauling it out for their venal purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    My brother says his 5 yr old has been regressing in some ways- remote learning since March so basically his only social interaction has been with his family.

In most schools, the number of kids earning failing grades has noticeably, sometimes drastically increased. Many teachers are now giving incompletes rather than failing kids so they get more time to bring those grades up.

No easy answers, this isn't helping parents either- most of them aren't teachers and most have their own work to do without overseeing their kids all day.
    Human beings do better when the interact with other human beings, We learn, from each other and grow. I think that is true with remote learning from home as well as working from home.

The classes I learned the most in all seemed to revolve around in-class discussion. The best employees I have had or worked with all seem to be able to take part in discussions, bull sessions, lunch room opinionating, drinks after work etc. The "loners" never seemed to do all that well. I don't think you can learn much about people by looking at video screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Human beings do better when the interact with other human beings, We learn, from each other and grow. I think that is true with remote learning from home as well as working from home.

The classes I learned the most in all seemed to revolve around in-class discussion. The best employees I have had or worked with all seem to be able to take part in discussions, bull sessions, lunch room opinionating, drinks after work etc. The "loners" never seemed to do all that well. I don't think you can learn much about people by looking at video screens.
    Pull your self up by your boot straps or actually read and figure out how to use something without someone who read something doing it for you. Itís probably good for these kids. They will learn a little independent problem solving. It seems some donít have anyone to model this for them

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

People like you are throwing around opinions that they equate with facts. You say, for example, that "if there was a more concerted effort to trace, test, wear the proper protection, less people would have died". How do you know that let alone prove it? California has had huge mandatory Covid protection actions going on ever since this attack plague was leveled at the world by China. And now this plague is worse than it ever has been. Why is that? And what exactly would you or Biden or Faucci, or Xi do to save all of these victims as you claim?

The truth is that this virus cannot be halted by anything other than a vaccine or medicine. Its just a super contagious illness. All this bluster by people about Trump not handling it properly is just politics and the media hating Trump.

Not true. What we have proven is that we canít follow the rules we set. Countries that do have had more success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    People like you are throwing around opinions that they equate with facts. You say, for example, that "if there was a more concerted effort to trace, test, wear the proper protection, less people would have died". How do you know that let alone prove it? California has had huge mandatory Covid protection actions going on ever since this attack plague was leveled at the world by China. And now this plague is worse than it ever has been. Why is that? And what exactly would you or Biden or Faucci, or Xi do to save all of these victims as you claim?

The truth is that this virus cannot be halted by anything other than a vaccine or medicine. Its just a super contagious illness. All this bluster by people about Trump not handling it properly is just politics and the media hating Trump.
    The bold is true. It's not like he didn't select world renowned epidemiologist Scott Atlas to run the task force while ignoring radiologist Anthony Fauci, right?