Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 382 of 389 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 5825

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    McVeigh wasn't a Christian terrorist....he was a terrorist who happened to have been raised in a Catholic household, but in his own words said "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." To be considered a Christian terrorist, his religious beliefs would need to be behind his terrorist act...and his motivation for the bombing was revenge against the government for Waco.
    That kinda feeds right into my point though

Thats what it should be for muslim violence but the progoganda/rhetoric is so bad, the government is so skewed against them, that they will fit anything they can to being muslim, the Quran, tie it to isis, and it's ridiculous to believe that ********. Its hard to even trust anything that comes out about different happenings.

They will NEVER link violence to someone being motivated by Christianity but that isn't the case for Islam.

Sure, there will be some things here and there that are motivated by a poor interpretation of Islam but people are kidding themselves if they think it isn't the same case for Christianity. It just won't come out.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-26-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

OK, that I can buy. And you're right, especially since 9/11 there has been the perception that Muslim = terrorist far far too often/easily.

they do link some violence, even in this country, to Christianity (i.e. abortion clinic bombings) but at nowhere close to the same level

And thanks for this 'taste' of what Muslims live with...just seeing "right wing Christian terrorists" just didn't feel right...but neither should it feel right when said about Muslims. There aren't many of them here in SD, but the ones I know are about as close to being terrorists as I am to running for national office.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Of course there are, ignorant fnk. There are radical christian groups around the world which have ties to radical christian groups enacting terrorism in America.

So according to your logic, we should be banning Christian's from.entering america.

Say it.

I wanna hear you say that ****...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    there is no group compared to radical Islamic terrorists that hate America.

if there was it would already be headline news.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Timothy McVeigh was a christian terrorist. People won't say it though.

Think its ********?

Then shut the **** up about muslim terrorists. Until people shut up about that, they're gonna keep on getting it right back and deserve it.

what Timothy McVeigh did had nothing to do with being Christian. he was against the government.

That kinda feeds right into my point though

Thats what it should be for muslim violence but the progoganda/rhetoric is so bad, the government is so skewed against them, that they will fit anything they can to being muslim, the Quran, tie it to isis, and it's ridiculous to believe that ********. Its hard to even trust anything that comes out about different happenings.

They will NEVER link violence to someone being motivated by Christianity but that isn't the case for Islam.

Sure, there will be some things here and there that are motivated by a poor interpretation of Islam but people are kidding themselves if they think it isn't the same case for Christianity. It just won't come out.
    I don't see a difference between what people think muslim terrorism is vs right wing terrorism when the terrorist happens to be Christian

They'll NEVER relate it to one being a Christian, and will always relate terrorism to one being a Muslim. They'll always do whatever they can to link it to Islam, the Quran , or ISIS.

Anti Islam propaganda and hatred is so deeply ingrained its scary.

Just didn't feel like explaining it a little more haha

they literally use and abuse the Islamic religion as their ideology, that is the point.

people who happen to be Christian (or Catholic) are not using that as the ideology as to why they do what they do. even white supremacists, their reason is race, not religion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there is no group compared to radical Islamic terrorists that hate America.
    Yes there is.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

if there was it would already be headline news.
    Well duh, it's the media. You know, the thing you complain about every day.

So.anyways, if this is your barometer, then since trump saying it inject lysol was a headline, it must be true...

lol, genius..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

there is no group compared to radical Islamic terrorists that hate America..
    What are you talking about? I know of plenty of groups that hate America, and evey one can be compared to radical Islamic terrorists. In fact, you can compare any two objects you want - even apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What are you talking about? I know of plenty of groups that hate America, and evey one can be compared to radical Islamic terrorists. In fact, you can compare any two objects you want - even apples and oranges.
    Fruits.

Fruits.

And orbs

Yes there is.

name a comparable group outside of America that uses a religion as the reason they do what they do, that has been a threat to America, that has wanted to impact America and kill people.

radical Islam uses Islam as their ideology, that is what they do. for example, white supremacists are not using a religion as why they do what they do, that would be race.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You did not include the term “religious” or “religion” in your statement, which is why it is dumb.

You did not include the term “religious” or “religion” in your statement, which is why it is dumb.
    I already mentioned it.

stop. right wing white supremacists are not the same as anyone radicalized either Catholic or Christian.

radical Islam abuses the Islamic religion as their ideology. white supremacists are not using a religion as their ideology. while there may be some examples, it's clearly not what is implied here.

even if this was accurate, it still doesn't fit what I was talking about. there are no other radicalized groups outside of America to be banned from entering America.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is not the post I responded to. Look it up.

That is not the post I responded to. Look it up.
    that has been part of the conversation and what has been talked about.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

name a comparable group outside of America that uses a religion as the reason they do what they do, that has been a threat to America, that has wanted to impact America and kill people.

radical Islam uses Islam as their ideology, that is what they do. for example, white supremacists are not using a religion as why they do what they do, that would be race.
    Yes they do use religion. They use a lot of.religius symbolism and reference the bible a lot.

If islamic terrorist use islam then white terrorist no.doubt use christianity.