Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 376 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 5636

Thread: Bias in media

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,924
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Jimmy Carter put his farm in a blind trust to remove the perception he was somehow going to make money off the office or use it to influence his business. A damn peanut farm! What was he going to do to help his business out that wasn't inside the Department of Agriculture. But here we are. One of the two is corrupt and sees the office as a way to make money and the other is Jimmy Carter.
    Peanut sales went way up after he was elected. But Trump is a special case no doubt.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know myself is this is accurate but I have seen people on social media saying that "Liberals" (Trump haters) were cheering/celebrating the fire at Trump Towers simply because it was his building. this wouldn't surprise me because this is how hateful people have become.

    this is also the headline from Washington Post..


    We all know how reliable social media news is.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Fox reports fairly on President Trump just as they reported fairly on President Obama.
    lol how ludicrous.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,080
    Obviously a majority of the media isn't going to support Trump, but it's easy to see why. Since he started running for President, Trump has been openly hostile of the media. It's one thing to want to control the narrative of the story or to even be critical of the media at times, but Trump has simply taken it to a whole new level, calling the media the enemy of the American people.

    On top of that, he lies far more than the average person, and is in a constant war with the truth. The main stream media has their faults, and in some cases toxic towards the discussion, so they are not blameless or perfect. But the President is far more detrimental to the discussion or politics as a whole and it's a baffling contrast between the two.

    "Media" outlets such as Fox and Breitbart only serve as propaganda for this President, and they will rationalize everything he has said or done because they are trying to appeal to that audience. Our politics are really ****ed up, and they were long before Donald Trump ever showed up. Trump is just a byproduct of how bad things have become. Sure he's made everything exponentially worse, but it's not his fault that politics are in a bad place. Politicians, lobbyists, the media and the voters themselves are all to blame for our politics being where they are. Hopefully after Trump we as a society will do better. I have hope!
    Last edited by TylerSL; 04-09-2018 at 12:08 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    93,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No. Fox is also biased. They set the standard for blatant bias. But that doesn't excuse other media for doing the same thing (or even taking it farther).
    They showed how profitable it could be. They are the gold standard. The news was relatively unbiased before Fox realized how rich they could get. Then others latched on.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think such a minor mis-speak gets reported for any of the recent presidents.
    I think they were just as petty and dishonest during the Obama and Bush presidencies.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    lol how ludicrous.
    That's your opinion.

    I watch multiple news channels and find FOX has the most even reporting. Other stations have an obsession against President Trump. Watch Maddow and Fitzgerald…entire shows just about President Trump Morning Joe is a little more balanced but not all that much.. Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham all discuss the news stories of the day and not all of it is about the president. O'reilly was the best of all of them and liberals got him off the air.

    I'll agree that FOX leans conservative but that makes them stand out because they are the only ones that do. They call themselves fair and balanced and I think they are.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,924
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They showed how profitable it could be. They are the gold standard. The news was relatively unbiased before Fox realized how rich they could get. Then others latched on.
    I agree in part and certainly the news was less biased before Fox, but we were well down this slippery slope before Fox News. Have you seen Network?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I think they were just as petty and dishonest during the Obama and Bush presidencies.
    Not really true.

    Remember when Obama said he campaigned in all 53 states? Can you imagine if Trump would have said that.

    On the road to the White house with Cllinton and Gore, they stopped at Monticello and Gore didn't recognize a bust of Benjamin Franklin. How would the press cover that if George W had said it.

    How about when Hillary couldn't figure out how to get on the subway. That was portrayed as cute but when Bush the first commented on bar code readers he was painted as out of touch.

    The press painted Dan Quayle, Michele Bachman and Sara Palin as stupid for no reason at all. Quayle was actually fairly bright…just a terrible speaker. Still don't know why they hated Michele Bachman. And Palin was a bad choice for VP only because she was wide open to be made fun of. Nothing wrong with her views.

    The press definitely cuts democrats a huge amount of slack.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    That's your opinion.

    I watch multiple news channels and find FOX has the most even reporting. Other stations have an obsession against President Trump. Watch Maddow and Fitzgerald…entire shows just about President Trump Morning Joe is a little more balanced but not all that much.. Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham all discuss the news stories of the day and not all of it is about the president. O'reilly was the best of all of them and liberals got him off the air.

    I'll agree that FOX leans conservative but that makes them stand out because they are the only ones that do. They call themselves fair and balanced and I think they are.
    Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham are all OPINION hosts, not news reporters. O'Reilly sexually harassed women but it's the lefts fault somehow that all his advertisers left. You're either trolling or a hack. Either way, you shouldn't be taken seriously and aren't by me. Moving on.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 04-09-2018 at 01:58 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham are all OPINION hosts, not news reporters. O'Reilly sexually harassed women but it's the lefts fault somehow that all his advertisers left. You're either trolling or a hack. Either way, you shouldn't be taken seriously and aren't by me. Moving on.
    Everything after 7 PM on FOX and MSNBC are opinion shows. I think that's a given. O'Reilly had the best of all the opinion shows. I was pointing out the the FOX OPINION shows give OPINIONS about more than just President Trump. I've watched the FOX OPINION shows and have sometimes never hear the president's nae mentioned.

    MSNBC's OPINION shows seem obsessed about the President. You cannot listen to them without something negative about the president being brought up. Maddow moves into and orgasmic state when she thinks she has something. She was in tears on election night.

    Not being taken seriously by you………I hope I can sleep tonight.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Everything after 7 PM on FOX and MSNBC are opinion shows. I think that's a given. O'Reilly had the best of all the opinion shows. I was pointing out the the FOX OPINION shows give OPINIONS about more than just President Trump. I've watched the FOX OPINION shows and have sometimes never hear the president's nae mentioned.

    MSNBC's OPINION shows seem obsessed about the President. You cannot listen to them without something negative about the president being brought up. Maddow moves into and orgasmic state when she thinks she has something. She was in tears on election night.

    Not being taken seriously by you………I hope I can sleep tonight.
    To be fair, the reason they aren't discussing Trump is because they are criticizing a left person/opinion/cause.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Everything after 7 PM on FOX and MSNBC are opinion shows. I think that's a given. O'Reilly had the best of all the opinion shows. I was pointing out the the FOX OPINION shows give OPINIONS about more than just President Trump. I've watched the FOX OPINION shows and have sometimes never hear the president's nae mentioned.

    MSNBC's OPINION shows seem obsessed about the President. You cannot listen to them without something negative about the president being brought up. Maddow moves into and orgasmic state when she thinks she has something. She was in tears on election night.

    Not being taken seriously by you………I hope I can sleep tonight.
    Since it clearly hurts your feelings to hear anyone say anything bad about Trump, I suggest you go to 4chan or breitbart for the reinforcement you clearly need. Maybe check out Alex Jones while you're at it. Don't worry, those are safe spaces

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,406
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To be fair, the reason they aren't discussing Trump is because they are criticizing a left person/opinion/cause.
    There is another possibility (mind you, I'm speaking with absolutely no authority, having never watched FOX - or CNN or MSNBC or any TV news/opinion since the PBS reporting of the election in 2016).

    FOX is supposed to be positive about Trump, yet they rarely mention him. Maybe that's because...

    Just speculating.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    The idea that people (sluggo) would be debating this is beyond ignorant

Page 3 of 376 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •