Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2202

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That's the problem. Your 'ifs' don't exist in polls now.

It's more like who can we call and how do we frame the question.

Polls are useless because they do not include your 'ifs'. Would love it if they did.
    Polls are not useless. They can be really useful to prove the point you set out to prove, and they can really educate you on what people think, but the construction of the poll and the execution of the poll are CRITICALLY important to the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Polls are not useless. They can be really useful to prove the point you set out to prove, and they can really educate you on what people think, but the construction of the poll and the execution of the poll are CRITICALLY important to the results.

what should be concluded in a poll that asks 48% Democrats and 40% Republicans. this is common from pretty much any poll. would it not make sense to have Democrat/Republican split more even.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hmm Shep is out at Fox and Bill Barr just recently met with Rupert Murdock. Coincidence? Maybe...maybe not.
    why would the AG meeting with Murdoch be anything controversial here. to think this has any connection to Sheppard Smith is silly, and doesn't take into account anyone else at Fox News that speaks out against Trump.

I have no problem with this being investigated to find out the specific reason they were meeting. it could be something as simple as talking about grandchildren.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

some media often try to be too fast with news, and end up getting it wrong. then they have to issue a correction. this is what ABC just did.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

https://mobile.twitter.com/greta/sta...0%2Fframe.html

Looks like Greta should take her own advice from a couple weeks ago.

All told this **** up isnít a big deal by ABC. Not sure how the footage used changes the story. Itís a mistake, they pulled it and apologized.

Sad to see another good outlet snatched up and destroyed by conservative VC dipshits/firms. RIP Deadspin (as we know it). Splinter, The Awl, Gawker, Pacific Standard, Village Voice, etc. as well.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Sad to see another good outlet snatched up and destroyed by conservative VC dipshits/firms. RIP Deadspin (as we know it). Splinter, The Awl, Gawker, Pacific Standard, Village Voice, etc. as well.
    I don't know which outlet you are talking about, but I read some of the ones you listed, and they kind of earned their failure.

I don't know which outlet you are talking about, but I read some of the ones you listed, and they kind of earned their failure.
    Bootlicker
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Bootlicker
    I loved Village Voice, but print media is fading fast.

Bootlicker
    The only legitmate media is printed on hand-recycled paper pulp made into pamphlets with retro pressings you've probably never heard of.

Heard today that CNN/MSNBC look for conservatives for the air who are willing to defend Trump regardless what he says or does. It's an interesting twist on what I would have thought they were doing. I figured they wanted a conservative voice to contrast the other voices, but it's much more slimy that they are supposedly specifically encouraging voices that are entirely one sided to show that the "other side" is unreasonable.

The press are amplifiers, but nobody is making reasoned choices about what they are amplifying or what that will do to the audience. I also have absolutely no idea how to fix it.

Can someone factcheck the fact-checker?

https://twitter.com/politifact/statu...044317702?s=21

https://twitter.com/patricksp71/stat...818331650?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Can someone factcheck the fact-checker?

https://twitter.com/politifact/statu...044317702?s=21

https://twitter.com/patricksp71/stat...818331650?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you don't understand the issue
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The issue being that "news" websites lie? Including the ones who are supposed to check the "news"?

We live with a broken system. There is no way to easily know what is true and what is not and it's getting harder all the time.

The issue being that "news" websites lie? Including the ones who are supposed to check the "news"?

We live with a broken system. There is no way to easily know what is true and what is not and it's getting harder all the time.
    One of the better classes that I took in college was a media literacy class. It was a communications class and I think that everyone should take one somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Who lied?. The question asked in the debate and the line Trump said are not the same thing.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>