Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 236 of 330 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4947

Thread: Bias in media

  1. #3526
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    32,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Suit yourself.
    I don't really know what you mean by that. If you just want to let it go that's fine with me.

  2. #3527
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    32,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The thing is, nobody who matters cares at all what you would rather have. Taiwan isnít part of the world order. Those are the rules ó rules that someone else made and rules that you and I have no power to change.

    Sure, maybe the UN rules suck. There are plenty of rules that suck. You may have noticed, for example, that we have to live with a depraved dimwit in the oval office because of some rule about an electoral college that a bunch of men made over 200 years ago basically in order to keep possession of their slaves.
    So ... the rules are the rules ... suck it. Is that your point?

    The reason Taiwan isn't in the UN or the WHO is because China said so, nothing more.

    Do you think China is a good actor on the world stage? Do you think they are good to their people? Do you think they are good to the environment?

    Why are you defending China and the WHO?

  3. #3528
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    45,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So ... the rules are the rules ... suck it. Is that your point?

    The reason Taiwan isn't in the UN or the WHO is because China said so, nothing more.

    Do you think China is a good actor on the world stage? Do you think they are good to their people? Do you think they are good to the environment?

    Why are you defending China and the WHO?
    Did you read the post you quoted? He said maybe the UNís rules suck. I think the point is you canít blame the WHO for Taiwan not being a member


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #3529
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    32,592
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Did you read the post you quoted? He said maybe the UNís rules suck. I think the point is you canít blame the WHO for Taiwan not being a member
    I can blame the WHO for them not listening to Taiwan, I can also blame the WHO for acting like the question wasn't asked when they were asked why Taiwan wasn't a member, and I can blame the WHO for, when asked about Taiwan's handling of the crisis for answering ~"China has been doing a great job". I don't really care about the UN or WHO in their current state they are useless. But the discussion was about what they said.

  5. #3530
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    45,924

    Bias in media

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I can blame the WHO for them not listening to Taiwan, I can also blame the WHO for acting like the question wasn't asked when they were asked why Taiwan wasn't a member, and I can blame the WHO for, when asked about Taiwan's handling of the crisis for answering ~"China has been doing a great job". I don't really care about the UN or WHO in their current state they are useless. But the discussion was about what they said.
    No the discussion was about why they are not allowed in the WHO. Thatís the question Sluggo asked


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #3531
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So ... the rules are the rules ... suck it. Is that your point?

    The reason Taiwan isn't in the UN or the WHO is because China said so, nothing more.

    Do you think China is a good actor on the world stage? Do you think they are good to their people? Do you think they are good to the environment?

    Why are you defending China and the WHO?
    You are getting as dim as Sluggo. I am not defending anyone nor am I attacking any one; I entered this by merely pointing out that the UN expelled Taiwan in 1971.

    According to their charter (in other words, their constitution), that was and is their prerogative. I did not write their rules (just like I did not write the constitution of the US) and whether those rules suck or not, they are what they are, and I have no power to change those rules.

    That is WHY Taiwan is not in the WHO.

    You guys need to improve your reading comprehension and stop imposing your biases (in this case, your obvious dislike of China, which I may or may not share but which is not relevant).

  7. #3532
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,259
    Anybody wanna talk about thisa and how accurate or inaccurate it may be?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  8. #3533
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Anybody wanna talk about thisa and how accurate or inaccurate it may be?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I posted this like a year or two ago.

    Trust me, it doesnít lead to anywhere good, especially with conservatives.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3534
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,171

    Bias in media

    Iím fairly sure one poster called the AP or Reuters liberal media. It wasnít even remotely a constructive conversation.

    I happen to think itís dead on, but you need a better and bigger image with the corresponding article. I had some doubts but when they talked through the methodology it made perfect sense.

    Also some of it is dated now. CNN is definitely further left than that and OAN should be in Breitbart territory.

  10. #3535
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    24,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Anybody wanna talk about thisa and how accurate or inaccurate it may be?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would but it wont open for me because I get this message..


    Site Warning
    tapatalk-cdn.com

    This site has been categorized as Malware. Site may contain content that is harmful, illegal, or malicious to your computer. It is recommended that you do not continue.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  11. #3536
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Iím fairly sure one poster called the AP or Reuters liberal media. It wasnít even remotely a constructive conversation.

    I happen to think itís dead on, but you need a better and bigger image with the corresponding article. I had some doubts but when they talked through the methodology it made perfect sense.

    Also some of it is dated now. CNN is definitely further left than that and OAN should be in Breitbart territory.
    It's pretty good, maybe a +/- 1.

  12. #3537
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    24,576
    CNN.


    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #3538
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,290
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Iím fairly sure one poster called the AP or Reuters liberal media. It wasnít even remotely a constructive conversation.

    I happen to think itís dead on, but you need a better and bigger image with the corresponding article. I had some doubts but when they talked through the methodology it made perfect sense.

    Also some of it is dated now. CNN is definitely further left than that and OAN should be in Breitbart territory.
    OAN should be off the chart. I think they've leapt over Breitbart and kept sprinting.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  14. #3539
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,377
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I would but it wont open for me because I get this message..
    WTF are you talking about? It's a picture that was uploaded to PSD/Tapatalk. No such problem here.

  15. #3540
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The point is that we DO hold presidents accountable for how they do things. And well we should.

    We hold LBJ accountable for the travesty that Vietnam became under his administration (he lied a lot too ó remember the credibility gap?). We hold Nixon accountable for his malfeasance (he lied and we took him to task). And Reagan, Ford, Clinton and Obama; when they lied or screwed up, they took it on the chin.

    And of course W (the worst president in my lifetime, bar none).

    Anyway, this isnít about past history. This is now. Trump ran for the goddamn office. He covets the spoils. He gets to take the lumps ó tough nuts.
    This is actually onto a good point.

    We have the option, of holding politicians ďaccountableĒ for their actions and lies by how we cast our vote or by not voting at all. On the other hand, we are forced to deal with political pundits who often tell flat out lies and rarely correct themselves. Journalists are supposed to have integrity and their only interests should be reporting the truth. I suppose you could argue that viewership is like voting but itís still up to the networks making the decision. Perhaps our viewership or lack there of, should be the standard for them to maintain their job?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •