Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 337 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5045

Thread: Bias in media

this isn't about whether Fox News has been good or bad, but coming from the New York Times has to be stupid and hypocritical.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Any apologies or retractions from Maddow after she was totally wrong about the arrival of the hospital ships.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/30...hips-nonsense/

I haven't heard her retract her comments.

Maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Any apologies or retractions from Maddow after she was totally wrong about the arrival of the hospital ships.

Maybe I missed it.
    Anyone with half a brain knows that she’s a hack, so I cannot understand why this would really matter to you (I already know why it matters to Special).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Anyone with half a brain knows that she’s a hack, so I cannot understand why this would really matter to you (I already know why it matters to Special).
    I would think that anyone with half a brain would be able to see why something like this really matters.

Hint…See the title of this thread. Good luck.

Maybe I missed it.
    This may blow your mind but Maddow and Hannity are partisan opinion shows and never retract anything. They’re horrible. The sooner we all start ignoring them the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that anyone with half a brain would be able to see why something like this really matters.

Hint…See the title of this thread. Good luck.
    A bias political opinion show.

That’s like being annoyed at how wet the rain is.

Maybe I missed it.
    Just was looking for the same apology and correction from Tucker Carlson to correct the record when he grossly over exaggerated the US contribution to the WHO to fit the Trump America victim complex?

I could’ve missed it too. He probably just made an honest mistake. I can’t imagine anyone who saw it would repeat it as fact because it was so laughably overexaggerated. $58 billion Tucker? Nobody would believe that.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Just was looking for the same apology and correction from Tucker Carlson to correct the record when he grossly over exaggerated the US contribution to the WHO to fit the Trump America victim complex?

I could’ve missed it too. He probably just made an honest mistake. I can’t imagine anyone who saw it would repeat it as fact because it was so laughably overexaggerated. $58 billion Tucker? Nobody would believe that.
    Actually,, I was the one who made the mistake in my post. I stated $58 billion when it should have been $58 million. I corrected in a follow up post … you must have missed it.

Tucker clearly said $58 million was the US assessment. He also clearly (and correctly) said that that was more than double thew next highest contributor…which was China. This was backed up by the chart that was posted.

So the apology for the mistake was mine and I apologize again.

Tucker need not apologize since he made no error.

And back to the numbers…why is the US assessment more than twice the amount China pays. They have about 5 times as many people and almost as much money as we do. Strange, isn't it???

Now…has Maddow backtracked on her lie and apologized. I may have missed that one.

Actually,, I was the one who made the mistake in my post. I stated $58 billion when it should have been $58 million. I corrected in a follow up post … you must have missed it.

Tucker clearly said $58 million was the US assessment. He also clearly (and correctly) said that that was more than double thew next highest contributor…which was China. This was backed up by the chart that was posted.

So the apology for the mistake was mine and I apologize again.

Tucker need not apologize since he made no error.

And back to the numbers…why is the US assessment more than twice the amount China pays. They have about 5 times as many people and almost as much money as we do. Strange, isn't it???

Now…has Maddow backtracked on her lie and apologized. I may have missed that one.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...t-three-years/

Who has to backtrack what now

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...t-three-years/

Who has to backtrack what now

What is your point???

Do you have a similar study for Reagan, Bush, Clinton, BO??

If you are looking for the 100% honest politician (honest to the point where every word is parsed to the Nth degree in order to "get that headline" that makes your career)…he no longer exist. My guess, go back to Harry or Ike.

Harry and Ike…back to the time when there three networks, a handful of press corps, no internet, no geeks with video cameras in their pockets, no blogs from nobodys etc,

You could go for days, if not weeks, without hearing a word from the president. I doubt if anyone knew of a WH correspondent by name. Now they're all trying (or tryna for some of you) to make themselves into stars. Now if you talk too much, you are criticized for that. Don't appear in public for a day or two, you are criticized for that.

Not defending Trump for his shortcomings…just trying (or tryna for some of you) to have a smidgen of understanding. Like that will ever happen.

Double Post

Don't know why.

What is your point???

If you are looking for the 100% honest politician (honest to the point where every word is parsed to the Nth degree in order to "get that headline" that makes your career)…he no longer exist. My guess, go back to Harry or Ike.

Harry and Ike…back to the time when there three networks, a handful of press corps, no internet, no geeks with video cameras in their pockets, no blogs from nobodys etc,

You could go for days, if not weeks, without hearing a word from the president. I doubt if anyone knew of a WH correspondent by name. Now they're all trying (or tryna for some of you) to make themselves into stars. Now if you talk too much, you are criticized for that. Don't appear in public for a day or two, you are criticized for that.

Not defending Trump for his shortcomings…just trying (or tryna for some of you) to have a smidgen of understanding. Like that will ever happen.
    Sorry are you saying those other presidents could have possibly lied as often as Trump? That’s not a real question.

My point is that you’re hung up on a opinion based tv host but not the actual president in terms of honesty. It’s baffling.

What is your point???

The point is that we DO hold presidents accountable for how they do things. And well we should.

We hold LBJ accountable for the travesty that Vietnam became under his administration (he lied a lot too — remember the credibility gap?). We hold Nixon accountable for his malfeasance (he lied and we took him to task). And Reagan, Ford, Clinton and Obama; when they lied or screwed up, they took it on the chin.

And of course W (the worst president in my lifetime, bar none).

Anyway, this isn’t about past history. This is now. Trump ran for the goddamn office. He covets the spoils. He gets to take the lumps — tough nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    how many people watch Rachel Maddow's show? thousands a day?

it should matter that people watching her and thinking she is awesome get corrected. this should be expected from literally anyone in the media right or left when they are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

I don't know what Tucker Carlson said, but are you really going to believe what WHO said?

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Obviously we cant listen to the world health organization! Thanks for sharing your thoughts fnk!