Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 495 of 563 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 8437

Thread: Bias in media

  1. #7411
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,724
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Trump's initial COVID response = bad.
    But Fauci was also just as bad with his flip flopping.

    Biden is the benefactor of time. COVID was always going to hurt ANY incumbent president. COVID, in a large way, helped Biden's presidency because it looked very likely, pre-COVID, that Trump would have won a second term.
    Mind summarizing how Fauci flipflopped? And please make sure to use the word properly. Because a flipflop isn't simply holding one opinion and then holding another. A flipflop is being presented with the same evidence and holding one opinion and then another. Being a responsible person is holding one opinion, learning new information, not doubling down on the same opinion, and then changing one's mind based on new facts.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  2. #7412
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont think trumps initial reaction is what lost him the presidency, it was his continuing reaction that lost it.

    A mentally challenged chimpanzee could have ran a better covid response than trump. I'm not even exaggerating, if Pence could take over signatory duties then a mentally challenged chimpanzee literally would have ran a better covid.response than Donald Trump.





    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    COVID is why he lost the election. You can't pause the economy for 8 months and expect people to be happy. Even if Democrats hated him, many did experience economic success under his presidency. Once that went out the window, they had no incentive to be swayed by him. His rhetoric wasn't that bad considering his initial response was that it would go away like the flu.

  3. #7413
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    COVID is why he lost the election. You can't pause the economy for 8 months and expect people to be happy. Even if Democrats hated him, many did experience economic success under his presidency. Once that went out the window, they had no incentive to be swayed by him. His rhetoric wasn't that bad considering his initial response was that it would go away like the flu.
    But that's on Trump. If he had his **** together then we could have kept the economy relatively open the entire time. But for whatever reason, in his mind an open economy meant no social distance, and so his anti social distance rhetoric is the single biggest factor as to why we could not safely keep the economy open.

    And if you dont believe me look at Sweden's (or was it Switzerland? ) numbers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #7414
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,724
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    But that's on Trump. If he had his **** together then we could have kept the economy relatively open the entire time. But for whatever reason, in his mind an open economy meant no social distance, and so his anti social distance rhetoric is the single biggest factor as to why we could not safely keep the economy open.

    And if you dont believe me look at Sweden's (or was it Switzerland? ) numbers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Trump ran into something he couldn’t bully or politically intimidate. A politician who is capable of building a consensus and working with others rather than dividing would have handled COVID properly. Nobody could have prevented all the deaths. But a president who was less concerned with opening up to have economic numbers and focusing on infections and death numbers.

  5. #7415
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    But that's on Trump. If he had his **** together then we could have kept the economy relatively open the entire time. But for whatever reason, in his mind an open economy meant no social distance, and so his anti social distance rhetoric is the single biggest factor as to why we could not safely keep the economy open.

    And if you dont believe me look at Sweden's (or was it Switzerland? ) numbers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're speaking in hindsight right now. A ton of Democrats wanted the economy shut down. Now it's on Trump for not keeping it relatively open? Contrary to what you are pushing, the timeline of it was that Trump's initial response was awful but once it became a legitimate threat, he pretty much let the CDC take charge. Incumbent president with a 7 month lockdown would have their election chances plummet. Trump lost by what? 130,000 votes electorally speaking? It was a close race even with his horrible COVID response. If the vaccine weren't out now, a ton of places would be shut down regardless of what Biden could come up with. That's just a fact.

  6. #7416
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Trump ran into something he couldn’t bully or politically intimidate. A politician who is capable of building a consensus and working with others rather than dividing would have handled COVID properly. Nobody could have prevented all the deaths. But a president who was less concerned with opening up to have economic numbers and focusing on infections and death numbers.
    Even if a president was concerned with only the economy, they would understand that the best thing for keeping an economy open is the ability to control the spread in that open economy.

    Somehow, some way, Trump just never considered it. It makes no sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #7417
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You're speaking in hindsight right now. A ton of Democrats wanted the economy shut down. Now it's on Trump for not keeping it relatively open? Contrary to what you are pushing, the timeline of it was that Trump's initial response was awful but once it became a legitimate threat, he pretty much let the CDC take charge. Incumbent president with a 7 month lockdown would have their election chances plummet. Trump lost by what? 130,000 votes electorally speaking? It was a close race even with his horrible COVID response. If the vaccine weren't out now, a ton of places would be shut down regardless of what Biden could come up with. That's just a fact.
    Nothing I'm saying is from hindsight, everything I'm saying was easily predictable since january 2020.

    It's on trump for not having a clue of how to run a safely opened economy. His lack of understanding the effects of behavior on covid spread is the issue.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #7418
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Even if a president was concerned with only the economy, they would understand that the best thing for keeping an economy open is the ability to control the spread in that open economy.

    Somehow, some way, Trump just never considered it. It makes no sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You do realize states can decide if they want to mandate masks and social distancing, right? Just like how some businesses still require social distancing when many others don't. If states wanted to do so, they fully could have done what they felt best without Trump's approval. You do realize that there are 50 state governments fully capable of making their own choices, right? Or do you think Trump just puts the hammer down on them? Did Trump also force Cuomo to send COVID patients to nursing homes? I mean, how far are you willing to put all of this on Trump before you realize that plenty of governments across the world misunderstood the severity of it?

  9. #7419
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Nothing I'm saying is from hindsight, everything I'm saying was easily predictable since january 2020.

    It's on trump for not having a clue of how to run a safely opened economy. His lack of understanding the effects of behavior on covid spread is the issue.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sure, easily. I guess you also purchased Bitcoin, Tesla, Doge, GameStop. It's very easy indeed. Maybe they should have put you in charge of the CDC in the upcoming future?

  10. #7420
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,369
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You do realize states can decide if they want to mandate masks and social distancing, right? Just like how some businesses still require social distancing when many others don't. If states wanted to do so, they fully could have done what they felt best without Trump's approval. You do realize that there are 50 state governments fully capable of making their own choices, right? Or do you think Trump just puts the hammer down on them? Did Trump also force Cuomo to send COVID patients to nursing homes? I mean, how far are you willing to put all of this on Trump before you realize that plenty of governments across the world misunderstood the severity of it?
    Way to whitewash history btw. Sure, you can work under the premise that COVID was misunderstood by many countries but what's the excuse for the US having 25% of the world cases at various times during this pandemic? Meanwhile the US only makes up 4% of the world's population. That at one point we were leading the world in cases per day over multiple months. I'm glad you've found some kind of narrative that helps you in your defense of Trump but Donald knew enough about the virus to shut down travel to China and in those Woodward tapes explicitly stated how significant this virus was, yet he couldn't with any regularity adhere the advice of the medical community because it flew in the face of what he thought he knew.

    This is the same man who in the spring of last year was suggesting it was a badge of honor that the US had the most cases.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-07-2021 at 01:44 AM.

  11. #7421
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,724
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Even if a president was concerned with only the economy, they would understand that the best thing for keeping an economy open is the ability to control the spread in that open economy.

    Somehow, some way, Trump just never considered it. It makes no sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You would expect them to...but Trump didn't.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  12. #7422
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You do realize states can decide if they want to mandate masks and social distancing, right? Just like how some businesses still require social distancing when many others don't. If states wanted to do so, they fully could have done what they felt best without Trump's approval. You do realize that there are 50 state governments fully capable of making their own choices, right? Or do you think Trump just puts the hammer down on them? Did Trump also force Cuomo to send COVID patients to nursing homes? I mean, how far are you willing to put all of this on Trump before you realize that plenty of governments across the world misunderstood the severity of it?
    It makes no diff what a state mandates if almost half the people in that state are believing the nonsense coming out of trumps mouth? Makes no diff what a state mandated when half the population believes spaced out conspiracy theories about epidemics.

    I'm not putting it all on trump, but if we are going to point at one person then clearly its going to.be the president.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  13. #7423
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Sure, easily. I guess you also purchased Bitcoin, Tesla, Doge, GameStop. It's very easy indeed. Maybe they should have put you in charge of the CDC in the upcoming future?
    What did I mention that was not known in January 2020?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. #7424
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You do realize states can decide if they want to mandate masks and social distancing, right? Just like how some businesses still require social distancing when many others don't. If states wanted to do so, they fully could have done what they felt best without Trump's approval. You do realize that there are 50 state governments fully capable of making their own choices, right? Or do you think Trump just puts the hammer down on them? Did Trump also force Cuomo to send COVID patients to nursing homes? I mean, how far are you willing to put all of this on Trump before you realize that plenty of governments across the world misunderstood the severity of it?
    How bad a job did Trump do that your argument is “look States didn’t have to listen to him they could do their own thing”. They wouldn’t need to do their own thing if Trump was any kind of a leader.

  15. #7425
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Saying Trump did a bad job with Covid isn’t hindsight, it was well known while it was happening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •