Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 325 of 355 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5323

Thread: Bias in media

  1. #4861
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because the show was to disseminate facts and fears, and they probably wanted to get the information out to as many people as possible and putting someone who is a celebrity on there will increase the amount of people watching so they can get the information out. Nowhere did they advertise she was an expert on the subject and at no point did they advertise the show was comprised of experts.

    This isn't new. Benefits do this all the time. You ever wonder why tele-thons have a celebrity there to take donations? So that they ensure as many people as possible tune in.

    So what exactly is the problem?
    you know this is not a good comparison, right? having a celebrity to take donations is not the same as that celebrity talking about whatever the telethon is for.

    in the end this is CNN, media, not a talk show.

    do people think that CNN is something other than media?

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  2. #4862
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    here I thought CNN was media.
    Crappy media like Fox News

  3. #4863
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,361
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    This post should be deleted
    When you say "this post" did you mean the post where you wrote "this post"?

  4. #4864
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,361
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    here I thought CNN was media.
    I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to convey.

  5. #4865
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,361
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I did answer, you just don't like the answer.

    scientists/experts would be in a much better position to talk about facts and fear related to Coronavirus than an activist. if someone afraid asks a celebrity/climate activist about something related to Covid-19 why would anyone trust that answer.

    there are some people that think the impact of Coronavirus is comparable to a hoax, nothing more than the common flu. should that person be on TV/media to talk about Covid-19, no chance.
    Okay. So, you are a troll or at least worthy of being dismissed as not being able to maintain discourse that has ANY chance of going anywhere.

    Just so we are clear, there is no better expert in your fears than you. Unfortunately if I wanted to learn about your fears asking you about them would just lead to me hearing about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you or your fears.

    Troll.

  6. #4866
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,361
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you know this is not a good comparison, right? having a celebrity to take donations is not the same as that celebrity talking about whatever the telethon is for.

    in the end this is CNN, media, not a talk show.

    do people think that CNN is something other than media?
    You know that magazines, newspapers, radio, movies, TV, podcasts, and art are all "media" right (including talk shows, which is what CNN is filled with)?

  7. #4867
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,460
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you know this is not a good comparison, right? having a celebrity to take donations is not the same as that celebrity talking about whatever the telethon is for.

    in the end this is CNN, media, not a talk show.

    do people think that CNN is something other than media?
    Those celebrities definitely talk about whatever they're on the telethon for. They always have the opening message where they talk about the dangers of whatever it is they're asking donations for.

  8. #4868
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    She's not qualified
    Can we at least get her to make a media bias chart to reference?

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  9. #4869
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Better than Benny


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's really mean.

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  10. 05-23-2020, 02:00 PM
    Reason
    Language

  11. #4870
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    There was always risk of that. Color me shocked that you feel the need to whine about it.

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  12. #4871
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Crappy media like Fox News
    oh snap you got me, I'm hurt. oh wait I think Fox News is biased too.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #4872
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay. So, you are a troll or at least worthy of being dismissed as not being able to maintain discourse that has ANY chance of going anywhere.

    Just so we are clear, there is no better expert in your fears than you. Unfortunately if I wanted to learn about your fears asking you about them would just lead to me hearing about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you or your fears.

    Troll.
    why would any CNN viewers want to know about the fears of Greta Thunberg? is this really what you are going with, because this is weak.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  14. #4873
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Those celebrities definitely talk about whatever they're on the telethon for. They always have the opening message where they talk about the dangers of whatever it is they're asking donations for.
    if there was a telethon for climate change I wouldn't expect a celebrity to be giving facts. that would be better left for scientists/experts, which falls back to my original point that the spot GT had could have better went to an actual expert. it's surprising that anyone would object when it comes to a global pandemic and people that should want accurate information.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  15. #4874
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,460
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if there was a telethon for climate change I wouldn't expect a celebrity to be giving facts. that would be better left for scientists/experts, which falls back to my original point that the spot GT had could have better went to an actual expert. it's surprising that anyone would object when it comes to a global pandemic and people that should want accurate information.
    But the town hall did have an expert. And Greta didn't give any facts, the experts did. She said to listen to the experts.

    So again, what is your complaint?

  16. #4875
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,995
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But the town hall did have an expert. And Greta didn't give any facts, the experts did. She said to listen to the experts.

    So again, what is your complaint?
    CNN duh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •