Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2484

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I thought you weren’t a liberal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not really anything. I do think I have more liberal views. With regard to this conversation I was just joking around with Joey b/c he likes to troll the more liberal posters and will is willing to do a 180 in his own views to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    In a normal situation, I would tend to agree with you. But for Donald Trump specifically, his words are more telling than his actions. His words are what inspires his base, it really isn't policy related. I think we all can agree that Donald Trump has likely very little to do with drafting or even reviewing of policy. He's clearly noted as not liking to read, he has things read to him. His words are what really hurt America, and are what are most indicative of his true thoughts.

One more final thing about the things that he says.... he actively chooses to lie in almost every instance he speaks. That is an action that is tied to his words. That is wrong
    Oh I get it... orange man bad!!!!! I love how liberals “know” what trump thinks but always seem to be two steps behind him

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Oh I get it... orange man bad!!!!! I love how liberals “know” what trump thinks but always seem to be two steps behind him
    It's funny, you always seem to know what liberals think but have a problem with anyone having this same approach towards say trump.

You are both right in a way, the actions and the words all matter. Policy wise, luckily, there are laws stopping trump from following through on some things he says. That doesn't change the fact he was using said rhetoric at campaign time to gain support by going to the more extremes in such way (ban Muslims, rhetoric on immigration, questioning a judge based on identity etc)

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's funny, you always seem to know what liberals think but have a problem with anyone having this same approach towards say trump.

You are both right in a way, the actions and the words all matter. Policy wise, luckily, there are laws stopping trump from following through on some things he says. That doesn't change the fact he was using said rhetoric at campaign time to gain support by going to the more extremes in such way (ban Muslims, rhetoric on immigration, questioning a judge based on identity etc)

To be fair, people aren't trying to determine what trump thinks, they are actually basing their opinion on his words. The doublespeak is necessary to defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So if we hold everyone to their exact words, a lot of people say some awful *******. But their actions, specifically on policy and legislation give us some mindset into their ideals. Trumps legislation was not bigoted. His words, may have been, but not his actions. The legislation which he proposed was not bigoted.
    Well this kinda reinforces my perspective, he talked about this ban and context and rhetoric made it very clear hes floating a bigoted idea. Then his attempt to pass it in legislation, again, if the only reason trump did t pass a muslim ban is because he wasn't able to, again, that just reinforces his bigot mentality and mind set.

The context, rhetoric, and actions are exactly what make his words so concerning. If he was saying these things with no context and rhetoric to reinforce his bigotry it wouldn't be as concerning.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Well I guess I dont know if we even necessarily disagree with Joey. He said banning muslims IS bigoted, meaning he agrees what trump SAID was bigoted, correct?

He just think we shouldn't take things he says seriously, that seems to be the basic argument here.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It really is mind blowing that an individual can criticize Omar for saying some people did something while simultaneously defending trump for saying we should temporarily ban all muslims.

I have to wonder how hard someone been media ****ed in the brain to follow such illogical tree thought pattern. This is not normal human logic, this is a propaganda system exerting its control over people's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It really is mind blowing that an individual can criticize Omar for saying some people did something while simultaneously defending trump for saying we should temporarily ban all muslims.

I have to wonder how hard someone been media ****ed in the brain to follow such illogical tree thought pattern. This is not normal human logic, this is a propaganda system exerting its control over people's mind.
    you obviously don't have a clue about intent. that's okay, maybe you just don't know any better.

I certainly didn't defend Trump saying lets ban all Muslims, I even said it was wrong. what I also said was that I understood the intent. you clearly don't. you don't even want to accept radical Islamic terrorism abusing the Islamic religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    To be fair, people aren't trying to determine what trump thinks, they are actually basing their opinion on his words. The doublespeak is necessary to defend him.
    Well saying one thing is more telling than the other is a judgement call etc but overall I agree with the last point you make and is why I pointed it out.

It's an obvious double standard seen thread to thread to thread from many. It is pretty incredible the levels to which we see it with many posters on this site who whine about the other side while constantly having a double standard for others.

This is often what nasty is pointing out is the extreme double standards and people somehow don't even realize it. Identity or race based, eating up certain media etc I am not trying to push any reason as the for sure reason but there is an obvious double standard thread to threas

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you obviously don't have a clue about intent. that's okay, maybe you just don't know any better.

I certainly didn't defend Trump saying lets ban all Muslims, I even said it was wrong. what I also said was that I understood the intent. you clearly don't. you don't even want to accept radical Islamic terrorism abusing the Islamic religion.
    The intent doesnt make his ideas any less racist or bigoted.

Again, if you want to make the argument that a bigoted law is a good law, thaye fine, that's a seperate discussion to be had. But his thoughts on the topic and the ideas he mentioned, there is no discussion to be had, it is by definition bigoted. If you want to argue that it is not then you shouldn't be arguing with me you should be arguing with the English language, because it is the English language that says it is bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

ding ding. Lets not forget that there are mass shootings in which the shooters manifesto is almost identical to the words Trump says. People die because of those words. Thankfully the Dems were able to take control of the House, and are able to have more of a say in policy (except GOP even when they had total control still didn't get much done).

Well I guess I dont know if we even necessarily disagree with Joey. He said banning muslims IS bigoted, meaning he agrees what trump SAID was bigoted, correct?

He just think we shouldn't take things he says seriously, that seems to be the basic argument here.

Sorry I just noticed these....

First of all, congrats on finally adding the word “temporarily” to your Muslim ban quote as I do believe that has some significance to my point.

Yes, I believe saying to ban or temporarily ban all Muslims is bigoted/misguided. My criticism to that quote is that it’s not well thought out and stupid. Do I believe trump is really a bigot? No. Do I believe he should have said that? No. The same way I can criticize a lot of presidents/senators/politicians for things the day. Omar was just one example and my criticism of her quote is the same. It was not well thought out. But I also don’t think it’s indicative of who she is as a person.

My point is that the actions/legislation the politicians support is more important than their words during some speech. They ALL say stupid crap. Yes, I get more “triggered” by the stuff Dems say just like I’m sure ppl get “triggered” at the stuff trump says. But I don’t hold Dems to their words. Certainly not in this media era which focuses on 10-30 sec sound bites. We need to view our politicians better, regardless of which “side” they are on and give them the benefit of the doubt.

The intent doesnt make his ideas any less racist or bigoted.

Again, if you want to make the argument that a bigoted law is a good law, thaye fine, that's a seperate discussion to be had. But his thoughts on the topic and the ideas he mentioned, there is no discussion to be had, it is by definition bigoted. If you want to argue that it is not then you shouldn't be arguing with me you should be arguing with the English language, because it is the English language that says it is bigoted.
    his original comments were wrong, but the actual travel ban is supported by law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
    radical Islamic terrorists threatening America are detrimental to the interests of the United States.

this is the entire reason Obama first identified the very same countries as countries of concern. I haven't seen literally anyone that has said Obama was against Muslims.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    his original comments were wrong, but the actual travel ban is supported by law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

radical Islamic terrorists threatening America are detrimental to the interests of the United States.

this is the entire reason Obama first identified the very same countries as countries of concern. I haven't seen literally anyone that has said Obama was against Muslims.
    Domestic terrorism is more common now and since 2016 has often been fueled by the words of the POTUS. Those threats are detrimental to the interests and security of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Domestic terrorism is more common now and since 2016 has often been fueled by the words of the POTUS. Those threats are detrimental to the interests and security of the United States.
    nobody should deny that domestic terrorism is also a problem.
    debatable what impact Trump's words have. that could rely on left wing media misrepresenting what Trump said, who has not only called out David Duke but condemned racism and white nationalists.

that still shouldn't have an impact on foreign terrorism that are always a threat to America.