Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 351 of 361 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5407

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I know I shouldn't be surprised that you can't understand the point of the article. I only bolded what was important, but you can just ignore that part.
    Oh, I didn't read beyond newsbusters, I figured with a source that terrible that you must be pointing out their ridiculous level of bias. That's the problem with **** sources

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Oh, I didn't read beyond newsbusters, I figured with a source that terrible that you must be pointing out their ridiculous level of bias. That's the problem with **** sources
    Your this forums moderator. Is it try that easy? You just get to choose what you read even when the link showed. You ha no desire to look into the potential reality that those links brought to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your this forums moderator. Is it try that easy? You just get to choose what you read even when the link showed. You ha no desire to look into the potential reality that those links brought to the discussion.
    Potential reality, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    of course you didn't, that is you. you don't care about any news that would contradict what you already believe. your bias tells you that any media more on the right is not worth your time since it simply must be wrong, but the media more on the left would certainly be trustworthy and reputable.

Chris Cuomo is a moron.

this is CNN.

Ed Henry, fired/terminated at Fox News.

Bias in media

Chris Cuomo is a moron.

this is CNN.

Do you think the Daily Caller or Newbusters are biased? When you quote new busters or the daily caller calling out other news networks do you think what they post is representative of some whole? Is it possible that they look for a quote and turn it into a generalization to make the “other side” look bad even if that quote is not representative of what is being said by a larger group or takes on a different meaning with more context

I haven’t watched the interview but if I wanted to know Chris Cuomo’s take I would watch it (the whole interview) and then I might have an opinion on his take. That still might not be representative of CNN as a whole but it would be a start and at least I would have formed my own opinion and would be basing it on the primary source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-01-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think the Daily Caller or Newbusters are biased? When you quote new busters or the daily caller calling out other news networks do you think what they post is representative of some whole or do you think they look they look for the quote that makes the other side look bad and ignore context if it explains the quote?

I'd agree....tho too often I see left leaning media rip right leaning media for doing that...while they themselves do the same damn thing. And given there's more left leaning media than right (since there's more younger people in the media and they tend to lean left at a higher rate) it feels unbalanced, at least to a guy like me who's somewhere in between to the right of middle...like a constant inner ear infection, throws off the balance
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'd agree....tho too often I see left leaning media rip right leaning media for doing that...while they themselves do the same damn thing. And given there's more left leaning media than right (since there's more younger people in the media and they tend to lean left at a higher rate) it feels unbalanced, at least to a guy like me who's somewhere in between to the right of middle...like a constant inner ear infection, throws off the balance
    I agree. The 24 hr new media (left and right) spend and a ton of time telling there followers what the other side thinks and says with these methods. It radicalizes and divides people while making them misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

of course you didn't, that is you. you don't care about any news that would contradict what you already believe. your bias tells you that any media more on the right is not worth your time since it simply must be wrong, but the media more on the left would certainly be trustworthy and reputable.
    Nope, more mindless drivel aimed at an imaginary enemy.

Defund the media!
    I mean, honestly. Yeah. The vast majority of our media is owned by like 5 companies -- all of which are evil and no one likes (AT&T, Comcast, Disney, Viacom, Fox) -- and bunch of venture capitalists own basically everything that anyone would consider "smaller". Independent media isn't a real thing any more. There's almost no diversity in any of it.

We need massive media reform And I'd think that the right -- who by and large are skeptical of "mainstrea media" would agree with that. Sorry to anger you by saying "the right -- who by and large...". But yeah....
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I mean, honestly. Yeah. The vast majority of our media is owned by like 5 companies -- all of which are evil and no one likes (AT&T, Comcast, Disney, Viacom, Fox) -- and bunch of venture capitalists own basically everything that anyone would consider "smaller". Independent media isn't a real thing any more. There's almost no diversity in any of it.

We need massive media reform And I'd think that the right -- who by and large are skeptical of "mainstrea media" would agree with that. Sorry to anger you by saying "the right -- who by and large...". But yeah....
    eh, doesn't anger me...I mean yeah, if my only choices to identify with are right or left, I'm right....but as we've talked about here, there are many shades. What upsets me more is when people make assumptions about what I think about a wide array of issues because I say I'm a white Christian registered Republican. Oh, that means you believe X and think Y...no, not necessarily true..it just means I registered with a party and believe in God...and am white.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

eh, doesn't anger me...I mean yeah, if my only choices to identify with are right or left, I'm right....but as we've talked about here, there are many shades. What upsets me more is when people make assumptions about what I think about a wide array of issues because I say I'm a white Christian registered Republican. Oh, that means you believe X and think Y...no, not necessarily true..it just means I registered with a party and believe in God...and am white.
    I think perhaps every instance of you getting upset with me for talking about "the right" has never been directed towards you. So, yeah...

And man, if you think I am someone who only sees left and right, you don't know anything about me.
    HELLO

Do you think the Daily Caller or Newbusters are biased?
    yes. I have said this before, all media has bias.

When you quote new busters or the daily caller calling out other news networks do you think what they post is representative of some whole? Is it possible that they look for a quote and turn it into a generalization to make the “other side” look bad even if that quote is not representative of what is being said by a larger group or takes on a different meaning with more context

I haven’t watched the interview but if I wanted to know Chris Cuomo’s take I would watch it (the whole interview) and then I might have an opinion on his take. That still might not be representative of CNN as a whole but it would be a start and at least I would have formed my own opinion and would be basing it on the primary source

there is no context that would justify anyone including Chris Cuomo to say Trump only "liked the image of white resistance to this movement." that is ignorant idiotic left wing opinion from people in media with a political agenda.

I agree. The 24 hr new media (left and right) spend and a ton of time telling there followers what the other side thinks and says with these methods. It radicalizes and divides people while making them misinformed

the media is divisive.. who could have ever said that here before.