Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 434 of 486 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 7277

Thread: Bias in media

Truly fascinating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We intervened to overthrow Gadhafi. Why did that happen? I'm sure there were many factors. Do I believe it was because of humanitarian concerns? No I do not.
    What do you believe happened?

Either way it was a bad decision. But last I checked this was probably true. Early conspiracy theories of a pipeline or something ended up being debunked last I checked.

No they do not. Some do, because footage has been leaked, but China didn't even acknowledge the camps until the information leaked, then they started saying it was to fight terrorism. That's the difference. The Chinese don't even know about the Tiananmen Square incident, it's been erased from history. China literally doesn't cover these incidents until the truth comes out and they are forced to.

But I think at this point we need to agree to disagree. About the only thing I can say confidently is that you see the world through China's lens and that the biggest difference between us is I realize I'm been tainted with some manner of the bias that's been fed to me while you are completely unaware of how much it has tainted you.
    Sure, and the khadafi assad coup is erased from our history. The allende coup is erased from our history. The Afghanistan invasion is erased from our history.

The fact that anyone here thinks I have pro china bias is laughable. This entire conversation started because when I pointed out their media, you all dismissed them in their entirety due to them being a chinese govt entity. Your response is that of someone heavily indoctrinated. You have been fed an identity to oppose, and you do not disappoint. While simultaneously, the entity you hold up as some standard has clearly deceived you as to what it is.

Again, when someone dismisses an entire entity or demographic based on their identity, in my opinion this is a byproduct of indoctrination. This is a learned behavior. Somebody actively taught you to think this way.

Yes, we can.disagree about US media being some sort of better form of media compared to cgtn.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What are your thoughts on the Uyghur camps and what China is doing there?
    I think china is an iron fist govt that sees them as a potential threat to what they are trying to do as a nation and so they are making them adopt to the national chinese agenda by force. They are heavily indoctrinating them in an attempt to get them to conform.

What are your thoughts?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Haha itís says in the headline he was imprisoned lol wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cmon man, you seriously think I didnt see that?

We are talking about media systems serving their owners and then valade starts referring to any and every us media, cmon, obviously of the tens of thousands of journalists in America someone has covered everything. But that doesnt fit into the context of our argument.

I gave an example of the same thing, I can also just get any media from.china and show you them.covering any topic. But again, we are talking particular media systems here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In nasty world there is no movement on some things.

- it's best for young girls to be with older men
    - All things China = good
    - Once nasty doubles down there is no limit to how many ways he will ignore reason to refuse to move.
    Except a year ago when I was an anti chinese racist, right?

You guys remember that, right? lmao!

There was definitely not a system wide effort to keep Americans from learning that we'd gone in to remove Gadhafi,
    There was an extremely elaborate system wide effort to keep you in the dark as to why we did what we did.

Or else why are you so in the dark about it?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    There was an extremely elaborate system wide effort to keep you in the dark as to why we did what we did.

Or else why are you so in the dark about it
    I am not. I just donít necessarily believe your conspiratorial belief of why we did based off zero evidence.

Whether this guy is brainwashed, astoundingly ignorant, or both....wow. Makes for quite the strange song and dance.

Cmon man, you seriously think I didnt see that?

We are talking about media systems serving their owners and then valade starts referring to any and every us media, cmon, obviously of the tens of thousands of journalists in America someone has covered everything. But that doesnt fit into the context of our argument.

I gave an example of the same thing, I can also just get any media from.china and show you them.covering any topic. But again, we are talking particular media systems here.
    I donít think you can. Especially considering the one time you tried it wasnít Chinese media it was a dudeís blog and it directly contradicted your point because what he was doing was not allowed.

Sure, and the khadafi assad coup is erased from our history. The allende coup is erased from our history. The Afghanistan invasion is erased from our history.

The fact that anyone here thinks I have pro china bias is laughable. This entire conversation started because when I pointed out their media, you all dismissed them in their entirety due to them being a chinese govt entity. Your response is that of someone heavily indoctrinated. You have been fed an identity to oppose, and you do not disappoint. While simultaneously, the entity you hold up as some standard has clearly deceived you as to what it is.

Again, when someone dismisses an entire entity or demographic based on their identity, in my opinion this is a byproduct of indoctrination. This is a learned behavior. Somebody actively taught you to think this way.

Yes, we can.disagree about US media being some sort of better form of media compared to cgtn.

You calling anyone heavily indoctrinated never fails to make me shake my head and chuckle.

First Bolded: No they arenít. I can find dozens of articles about all of those. No one has deleted them. China literally deleted all mention and footage of Tiananmen Square. You are confusing Americans forgetting about those incidents with a deliberate attempt to erase them. No one tried to erase those events, Americans sadly just donít care that much about them.

Second Bolded: You are very pro China. Your explanation for the Uyghur camps read like a Chinese press release. It was heavily sanitized and you did not offer an opinion on whether you thought it was bad.

Third Bolded: I am not dismissing CGTN because itís Chinese. I am not dismissing it based on any Demographic. I am dismissing it because it is quite literally state propaganda. Like that is itís official classification.

If the US had an official State propaganda channel, I would dismiss it too (why do you think I dismissed Fox News when Trump was President?). You keep trying to just skip the whole literal propaganda thing as if thatís no big deal.

Which is truly ironic that you keep accusing us of being indoctrinated and then on the other hand act like a network whose actual mission is indoctrination is no big deal.
    Last edited by valade16; 02-08-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Or else why are you so in the dark about it?

It wasn't elaborate at all. The Arab Spring happened, Gadhafi started putting the protestors down with force, it was a good excuse to depose him and hopefully install a friendly government to control oil reserves and keep the momentum of the Arab Spring going at the time.

Instead, 'leading from behind' meant nobody (the Europeans) had a plan of what to do after his government did get obliterated. It's why Obama didn't cross his own 'red line' in Syria and depose Assad after he chemical attacked his population.

Step into my office. Because you're ****ing fired.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I donít think you can. Especially considering the one time you tried it wasnít Chinese media it was a dudeís blog and it directly contradicted your point because what he was doing was not allowed.
    That's pretty much what all govt opposition media in china is, blogs and obscure **** like that. You know, the whole communist thing..?

That's pretty much what all govt opposition media in china is, blogs and obscure **** like that. You know, the whole communist thing..?
    And that should tell you whatever media is allowed by China is probably extremely biased and bad if they keep such a tight grasp on information the only way to reveal anything counter to their official narrative is to illegally do so via blogs...