Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 580 of 653 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9791

Thread: Bias in media

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He’s 40 with an axe to grind because I dared to talk about my experiences working with Covid patients. That’s what this is all about.
    You've also dealt with transgenders wanting pregnancy checks. Even though you were wrong about like everything you said. Down to the form that needed to be filled out.

It's such a childish internet meme. Fake some sort of professional background and then point to yourself as an authority.

You acting like you have some medical expertise is just embarrassing. You didn't even know what a false pregnancy is. You probably watched a season of House and were cocky and dumb enough to think you could Con everyone.

Pelosi is right here, the media is failing in it's job at selling the BBB

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...ll-do-a-better

Sanders agree's with her here.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ding-plan?rl=1

It's the job of Dem lawmakers to craft and pass bills, it's the job of the media to sell the public on the bills and get their approval.
    Sure you don't expect RW Media to do that but the legacy outlets MSM their job is to help Dem's in anyway they can, and frankly they could be doing better in this regard.

Nope, they are passing the buck. It is up to the democrats to sell their product to the American public. The republicans are quite good at it and getting it done. Made government small and cut services, done. Go in and get Saddam, done. Tax cuts for the rich and big business, done. Even now thru Sinema and Manchin they are protecting the wealthy with hindering the 'NOW'' 1.75 Trillion human infrastructure bill ability to paid for itself by not raising corp. taxes and a wealth taxes. A deathblow to it ability to be successful.

The democrat always backtrack on their campaign promises. There is always a good reason and now it is because of two senators. Tomorrow it will be a rock in their shoe or. I think the DNC are playing us again, half-arse attempts then throw their hands up and relent to their donors demands. Please someone tell me that Manchin and Sinema aren't soaking up the cash for their oppositions to the progressive bill.

If this bill failure. The progressives should go on their own, if they don't and stay with the moderates and play these games they will lose their base. Their base want change not more of the same
    Last edited by WES445; 10-21-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Nope, they are passing the buck. It is up to the democrats to sell their product to the American public. The republicans are quite good at it and getting it done. Made government small and cut services, done. Go in and get Saddam, done. Tax cuts for the rich and big business, done. Even now thru Sinema and Manchin they are protecting the wealthy with hindering the 'NOW'' 1.75 Trillion human infrastructure bill ability to paid for itself. A deathblow to it ability to be successful.

The democrat always backtrack on their campaign promises. There is always a good reason and now it is because of two senators. Tomorrow it will be a rock in their shoe or
    Rocks in shoes do make passing legislation difficult.
    Maybe the republicans are better at selling their **** because Fox is better at it than MSNBC/CNN etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Maybe the republicans are better at selling their **** because Fox is better at it than MSNBC/CNN etc.
    It's because Fox viewers are typically less educated. Their audience follows lock step.

And their goal is to not pass things. They care more about BS rhetoric regarding the "culture war" and other nonsense.

If Dems fail their constituents they receive criticism and vitriol from their side. While Trump especially can do the exact opposite of what he promises and Republican voters don't even criticize him. They just whatabout their way to *****ing about liberals.

Part of the problem for the democrat is the diversity of their base. environmentalists, educated, the poor, various ethnic groups, animal rights, pro-choices, you name it. It is hard to cater to them all when their issues goes up against their donors.

The republican base isn't so scattered with various agenda. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything from the republican party but how bad the liberal/commies are and culture war.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

When was the last time the Republicans were pushing a policy that solely benefit the middle class or lower class?

Will Rogers

Nm
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 10-21-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    It's because Fox viewers are typically less educated. Their audience follows lock step.

And their goal is to not pass things. They care more about BS rhetoric regarding the "culture war" and other nonsense.

If Dems fail their constituents they receive criticism and vitriol from their side. While Trump especially can do the exact opposite of what he promises and Republican voters don't even criticize him. They just whatabout their way to *****ing about liberals.
    HW Bush lost reelection specifically because he raised taxes after promising not to.

RW people tend to be more knowledgeable about items in the news than dems.
    https://theweek.com/articles/476186/...than-democrats
    This article is based off of Pew Reserch.

Do I think that dem's are just Dum's. No, I think they are just as likely to be blinded by their ideological biases as anyone else of any other background, I just think they're less likely to be skeptical of the media they digest.

Part of the problem for the democrat is the diversity of their base. environmentalists, educated, the poor, various ethnic groups, animal rights, pro-choices, you name it. It is hard to cater to them all when their issues goes up against their donors.

The republican base isn't so scattered with various agenda. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything from the republican party but how bad the liberal/commies are and culture war.
    This seems to be what everyone is focused on right now though.

When was the last time the Republicans were pushing a policy that solely benefit the middle class or lower class?
    While the Trump tax cuts didn't SOLELY benefit the middle class, everyone from every background actually saved on their taxes.

HW Bush lost reelection specifically because he raised taxes after promising not to.

Do I think that dem's are just Dum's. No, I think they are just as likely to be blinded by their ideological biases as anyone else of any other background, I just think they're less likely to be skeptical of the media they digest.
    The people who religiously watch slanted mainstream media are all pretty dumb. Just different kinds of dumb. The problem isn't so much the reporting of news though. Its the ridiculous punditry that exists on major news networks that they try to sell you is objective reporting. Some are worse than others though. Its where people start using those things as gospel is where most of the trouble begins.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The people who religiously watch slanted mainstream media are all pretty dumb. Just different kinds of dumb. The problem isn't so much the reporting of news though. Its the ridiculous punditry that exists on major news networks that they try to sell you is objective reporting. Some are worse than others though. Its where people start using those things as gospel is where most of the trouble begins.
    I don't disagree with any of this. Watching people take Maddow or Tucker as gospel despite their channels arguing in court that no reasonable person would take them seriously drives me nuts.

This was from 2015, aka pre-Trump.
    Last edited by valade16; 10-21-2021 at 01:09 PM.

I definitely don't believe that. I think both sides do the same thing. They look for info that affirms their already entrenched opinion and don't really care about what's true. There search is for validation.

I don't think Republicans are dumb. They're less educated. There's a big difference there. Education I just think helps you critically think..

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

Yea this has been proven factually. They are scientifically less informed.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085