Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bias in media

Bias in media

I am no fan of Trump, but this just struck me as an example of bias in media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/n...collector.html

A man dies in a fire and the lead is all about Trump making the man's apartment "unsellable".

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I am no fan of Trump, but this just struck me as an example of bias in media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/n...collector.html

A man dies in a fire and the lead is all about Trump making the man's apartment "unsellable".
    That's pretty much how the liberal media has been reporting about Trump since he became president. Actually during the election too.

Nothing new here. Same old same old.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Bias in media...Just going to leave this here.
    https://www.theknifemedia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Bias in media...Just going to leave this here.
    https://www.theknifemedia.com/
    That site really seems like a great way to take in information. It's unfortunate it has a $15 mo paywall or I would certainly use them often.
    Yankees Farm System

I think the piece about the sprinklers is pretty serious. I don't know how it wouldn't be the law for every building to have them. The rest of that seems like it's ridiculous though.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I can honestly say that I'm not losing any sleep over this.

I’d like to hear more in the media how Trump wants to use tariffs to unilaterally raise taxes on imported cars up to 23%. That’s something everyone should be reporting on. The US President feels that we don’t pay enough for cars despite the new price he wants to impose will do nothing to improve the car itself.

I don't know myself is this is accurate but I have seen people on social media saying that "Liberals" (Trump haters) were cheering/celebrating the fire at Trump Towers simply because it was his building. this wouldn't surprise me because this is how hateful people have become.

this is also the headline from Washington Post..

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I think the error is harmless. But his promotion of his own business, or failed attempts, are concerning from the president. We’ve long since moved on from when we cared if the president spent his time enriching himself though.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think the error is harmless. But his promotion of his own business, or failed attempts, are concerning from the president. We’ve long since moved on from when we cared if the president spent his time enriching himself though.
    come on dude ... it is the ultimate in pettiness

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    come on dude ... it is the ultimate in pettiness
    It is, but it comes with the position. It’s been the same for the last few administrations.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    It is, but it comes with the position. It’s been the same for the last few administrations.
    sure ... and I would have said the same thing if they had done it to Obama...

It is just an example of how petty unimportant things have become

There is absolutely bias in the media against President Trump. It has been there during the campaign, was clearly present on election night a continues on a daily basis.

Let me go on record by saying that I'm one of probably millions that is glad Hillary lost but wish someone else would have won. If other Republicans oppose President Trump i the 2020 primaries I would vote for someone else. He is very polarizing and we don't need that in the White House. However, I don't disagree with very little as to what he has done as president.

As far as the bias in the media…it's pretty clear. Newscasters are supposed to be unbiased and impartial yet more than a few were literally in tears on election night. One, when talking about the Trump victory described it as "this is what we are now faced with" as if it was a disaster of epic proportions.

One of the best examples I can give of the bias is how Melania Trump is portrayed. Several photos have been published showing her in a less that pleasant light. Her Christmas decorations were negatively judged. Hundreds of photos are taken every day. It isn't hard to find one of her not smiling. Would they have done this to Michele Obama (they probably would have let Michele approve any photo before publishing.) Melania hasn't appeared on any magazine covers, something that used to be common for first ladies. (Now that I think of it, she seems to rarely referred to as "First Lady.")

Everyone keeps complaining how Fox News is biased towards Trump. I don't see it that way. They have gone with several negative Trump stories. I believe they report fairly. They may seem biased because they are the only ones that give the president a fair chance. Listen to Morning Joe, Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnel on MSNBC. They do entire shows knocking the president. Joy Reid is off the charts in this area. Her entire schtick is how racist everything is and how bad the Trump presidency is. MSNBC and CNN can't go an entire day without knocking the president.

Trump can't be wrong on everything. We all get it…you hate him, Hail Hillary lost and you can't believe it. But it's been over the a year and a half. Show the president some support and respect. By all means oppose him in 2020. Run a spirited campaign and let's see what happens, but support the man in the White House.

What we have now is like having no government. Incredible amounts of time is being wasted on what amounts to petulant politicians.

You lost. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    There is absolutely bias in the media against President Trump. It has been there during the campaign, was clearly present on election night a continues on a daily basis.

Let me go on record by saying that I'm one of probably millions that is glad Hillary lost but wish someone else would have won. If other Republicans oppose President Trump i the 2020 primaries I would vote for someone else. He is very polarizing and we don't need that in the White House. However, I don't disagree with very little as to what he has done as president.

As far as the bias in the media…it's pretty clear. Newscasters are supposed to be unbiased and impartial yet more than a few were literally in tears on election night. One, when talking about the Trump victory described it as "this is what we are now faced with" as if it was a disaster of epic proportions.

One of the best examples I can give of the bias is how Melania Trump is portrayed. Several photos have been published showing her in a less that pleasant light. Her Christmas decorations were negatively judged. Hundreds of photos are taken every day. It isn't hard to find one of her not smiling. Would they have done this to Michele Obama (they probably would have let Michele approve any photo before publishing.) Melania hasn't appeared on any magazine covers, something that used to be common for first ladies. (Now that I think of it, she seems to rarely referred to as "First Lady.")

Everyone keeps complaining how Fox News is biased towards Trump. I don't see it that way. They have gone with several negative Trump stories. I believe they report fairly. They may seem biased because they are the only ones that give the president a fair chance. Listen to Morning Joe, Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnel on MSNBC. They do entire shows knocking the president. Joy Reid is off the charts in this area. Her entire schtick is how racist everything is and how bad the Trump presidency is. MSNBC and CNN can't go an entire day without knocking the president.

Trump can't be wrong on everything. We all get it…you hate him, Hail Hillary lost and you can't believe it. But it's been over the a year and a half. Show the president some support and respect. By all means oppose him in 2020. Run a spirited campaign and let's see what happens, but support the man in the White House.

What we have now is like having no government. Incredible amounts of time is being wasted on what amounts to petulant politicians.

You lost. Move on.
    So you started watching the news after the election. Same crap ran on fox about Obama. Nothing’s changed except the party in charge. The media is petty and sensationalist.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast