Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 297
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    70,357
    Random question: when was the last time there was a significant anti-war movement in this country?

    I mean, it's never gonna come from the right; they'll justify intervening everywhere when they're in power. They'll feign anti-war when they're not. And since Obama certainly it has not come from Liberals/Democrats. It's not coming from them right now, either...at least not in any ways all that disimilar from what Conservatives do when Liberals are in power ("this isn't how I'd do it...but hell yeah, I'd certainly do it!".
    Last edited by ManRam; 04-16-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    this my sig

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Random question: when was the last time there was a significant anti-war movement in this country?

    I mean, it's never gonna come from the right; they'll justify intervening everywhere when they're in power. They'll feign anti-war when they're not. And since Obama certainly it has not come from Liberals/Democrats. It's not coming from them right now, either...at least not in any ways all that disimilar from what Conservatives do when Liberals are in power ("this isn't how I'd do it...but hell yeah, I'd certainly do it!".
    The last serious anti-war movement was just before we got into Iraq.

    Though I disagree it isn't coming from the right, Trump voters (however you want to categorize them) are by and large against these strikes, and were just as angry a year ago when they happened, and unlike CNN who was fawning over Trump for doing those strikes at the time, Trump voters seemed to be the largest group of people genuinely upset for ideological reasons (not just McRessiters complaining because it isn't "their" guy doing it as you point out)
    Last edited by ciaban; 04-17-2018 at 12:12 AM.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so then you don't care about the people dying in Syria?

    in comparison if Trump also did not want to do anything, would you support that?

    if Trump had done nothing I find it hard to believe that people would have been okay with that, and instead he would have been criticized.

    was Trump really supposed to do nothing? it's not like Trump alone thought this was good to bomb Syria, when other countries were in on this.
    There are a lot of people suffering in a lot of places, and there are a lot of "bad guys" out there, far to many of which are propped up by America.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your quoted article was published 02/16. Things have changed a bit since then. Most profoundly is another chemical attack on his people.

    Really not sure what your point is.
    Unless the thing that changed is evidence that Assad was behind the first gas attack then no, nothing has changed.
    I'm just as incredulous about the perpetrators of this attack as the last one.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,740
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Unless the thing that changed is evidence that Assad was behind the first gas attack then no, nothing has changed.
    I'm just as incredulous about the perpetrators of this attack as the last one.
    I donít really doubt the evidence. The problem is what should be done. If we are going to start policing how people treat their citizens all around the world, were going to be busy beavers. Plenty of countries attack their own citizens, many of Howe attacks are due to their race, ethnicity, or religion. We even do so in this country. We lock people of a particular race and our police attack them.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít really doubt the evidence. The problem is what should be done. If we are going to start policing how people treat their citizens all around the world, were going to be busy beavers. Plenty of countries attack their own citizens, many of Howe attacks are due to their race, ethnicity, or religion. We even do so in this country. We lock people of a particular race and our police attack them.
    Is there something that you've seen that shows Assad is behind this.
    Because before this happened Trump announced that he was getting the hell out of there. The only way he would have stayed around is if SPECIFICALLY, this happened. And Assad has been winning the war, there is no NEED for him to do this. This whole thing looks like a false flag opperation.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,893
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You blame the US for tribalism in syria? That doesn't even make sense...
    you are beyond hope

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,740
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Is there something that you've seen that shows Assad is behind this.
    Because before this happened Trump announced that he was getting the hell out of there. The only way he would have stayed around is if SPECIFICALLY, this happened. And Assad has been winning the war, there is no NEED for him to do this. This whole thing looks like a false flag opperation.
    No I havenít seen any evidence. No one has here or in the public. But the notion that a middle Eastern country dictator would do this isnít shocking to me. They control their people through fear and violence. I just donít want us involved in their business. Weíve got our own **** to take care of.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Is there something that you've seen that shows Assad is behind this.
    Because before this happened Trump announced that he was getting the hell out of there. The only way he would have stayed around is if SPECIFICALLY, this happened. And Assad has been winning the war, there is no NEED for him to do this. This whole thing looks like a false flag opperation.
    Bingo. Why would you bomb before your inspectors collect the evidence? Aren't you suppose to, like, provide evidence and then make a decision?

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No I havenít seen any evidence. No one has here or in the public. But the notion that a middle Eastern country dictator would do this isnít shocking to me. They control their people through fear and violence. I just donít want us involved in their business. Weíve got our own **** to take care of.
    Just because it's in line with what a dictator would do doesn't mean it makes sense for them to do it here. He's an *******, he's not stupid.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,893
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Just because it's in line with what a dictator would do doesn't mean it makes sense for them to do it here. He's an *******, he's not stupid.
    just so we are clear... are you saying there wasn't a chemical attack or just that you are debating who did it?

  12. #207
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    What about the people dying in Palenstine? Yemen? Saudi Arabia?
    are they being killed by their own leader? these countries are not on topic so I don't really know anything about them.








    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No, not really. There are plenty of people in this country being killed by OUR government. How about a little of that "America First" stuff Trump's always talking about. Maybe instead of selling our cops military style weapons that they don't need to patrol black neighborhoods, we should be ensuring that people are protected both by and from our police.
    so the police should be at the disadvantage instead?
    I would rather the police have all the equipment that they could ever need just in case, rather than having situations happen (riot/mass shooting) and the police can not properly react because they don't have the necessary equipment. citizens in these potential areas I'm sure would also rather have that.

    if we're going to play this but what about game then maybe America should stop protecting illegal immigrants and giving them benefits and instead start helping actual American citizens that are struggling.







    if Trump was to completely pull out of Syria would that not either causes ISIS to build up again or for another radical group to emerge? typically these groups have hate for America and call for Americans to be killed, so it would seem unfortunately that pulling out shouldn't really be an option.







    http://thehill.com/policy/defense/38...in-syria-after

    Trump asking Arab nations to replace US military in Syria after defeat of ISIS
    The Trump administration is reportedly trying to recruit Arab nations to commit funding and troops to eventually replace the U.S. military presence in Syria.

    The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that U.S. officials have reached out to Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates about contributing billions of dollars and military resources to help secure Syria after ISIS is defeated.

    National Security Adviser John Bolton has also reportedly reached out to Egyptian officials about the initiative.

    Military officials told the Journal that it would be difficult to convince Arab nations to send troops if the U.S. withdrew its forces entirely.

    The reported effort comes days after President Trump authorized targeted missile strikes in Syria following in response to a chemical weapons attack on civilians in the town of Douma.

    However, Trump has in recent weeks created uncertainty over the future of the U.S. role in Syria. While he has pledged to defeat ISIS, he has indicated on multiple occasions ó including as recently as Friday ó that he'd like to bring American troops home from Syria soon.

    ďAmerica does not seek an indefinite presence in Syria,Ē he said during an address to announce the missile strikes. ďItís a troubled place. We will try to make it better. But itís a troubled place.Ē

    During a press conference with Baltic leaders, Trump suggested the U.S. could extend its military presence in Syria if other Arab states, like Saudi Arabia, paid for it.

    Multiple military advisers and lawmakers have pushed back on Trump's comments, warning that pulling troops out of Syria would be a mistake that could destabilize the region.

    Earlier this month, Trump reiterated his desire to end U.S. involvement in Syria quickly.

    "I want to get out. I want to bring our troops back home," the president said.

    President Trump wants to pull out, saying "America does not seek an indefinite presence in Syria". that should be something that you support then right dbroncos78087?
    if these other nations can send in troops and help prevent the area from becoming unstabilized then that would be good right?

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,893
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Bingo. Why would you bomb before your inspectors collect the evidence? Aren't you suppose to, like, provide evidence and then make a decision?
    If they targeted chem weapons development centers and storage locations why would you need to collect new evidence on the attack...

    didn't Assad say that he had no chemical weapons and that he wasn't developing them?

    Are you under the impression that we have zero intelligence on what is going on inside Syria vis a vis chemical weapons and that the sole basis for the bombing was ONLY the attack on his people?

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    If they targeted chem weapons development centers and storage locations why would you need to collect new evidence on the attack...

    didn't Assad say that he had no chemical weapons and that he wasn't developing them?

    Are you under the impression that we have zero intelligence on what is going on inside Syria vis a vis chemical weapons and that the sole basis for the bombing was ONLY the attack on his people?
    He didn't just say that he handed over his chemical weapons to Russia per the Obama administrations demands.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    If they targeted chem weapons development centers and storage locations why would you need to collect new evidence on the attack...

    didn't Assad say that he had no chemical weapons and that he wasn't developing them?

    Are you under the impression that we have zero intelligence on what is going on inside Syria vis a vis chemical weapons and that the sole basis for the bombing was ONLY the attack on his people?
    If they used chemical weapons, you shouldn't respond to a war crime with a war crime. If they have evidence great, present it to congress and get authorization for an airstrike.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •